REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I drive my car, it is not a garage queen. Curbage happens, unless you're a c'lai holding up traffic for 10 mins while trying to parallel park without hitting the curb.
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard....It is not difficult to parallel park without hitting the curb. Being able to keep your wheels in good condition doesn't mean your car is a "garage queen", but rather that you know how to drive....
Advertisement
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard....It is not difficult to parallel park without hitting the curb. Being able to keep your wheels in good condition doesn't mean your car is a "garage queen", but rather that you know how to drive....
If you can park 100% of the time within inches of the curb without even slightly touching it - then you should be driving professionally. The rest of us hit the curb every now and then. This has been covered many times before, there's many posts of people asking where to get curbage fixed, and it is a lot easier to fix painted wheels.

If you've never been slightly distracted by some pretty girl while trying to park, you're either lying or

Curbage aside, roads have all sorts debris that could cause chips and scratches on your wheels too, and most driven cars will have chips and scratches to show for it.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
If you can park 100% of the time within inches of the curb without even slightly touching it - then you should be driving professionally. The rest of us hit the curb every now and then. This has been covered many times before, there's many posts of people asking where to get curbage fixed, and it is a lot easier to fix painted wheels.

If you've never been slightly distracted by some pretty girl while trying to park, you're either lying or
LMFAO, are you for real!???!? You curb your wheels because you get distracted by a girl? Shit man, you really need to get your dick wet....

Quote:
Curbage aside, roads have all sorts debris that could cause chips and scratches on your wheels too, and most driven cars will have chips and scratches to show for it.
My wheels are absolutely mint after 60,000 km of driving....but okay I guess that could by some slight chance happen...but powder coating holds up against that much better than wet paint anyway....

Last edited by 1-Slicer-1; 11-03-2010 at 08:41 PM.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:

yeah, shit happens, there's nothing you can do when something hits your wheel.

but curbing your rims is noob shit.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #30
The Fiesta Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
LMFAO, are you for real!???!? You curb your wheels because you get distracted by a girl? Shit man, you really need to get your dick wet....

My wheels are absolutely mint after 60,000 km of driving....but okay I guess that could by some slight chance happen...but powder coating holds up against that much better than wet paint anyway....
my three piece iforged wheels are completely uncurbed rashed after 4 years of driving and being on 3 different cars; go back to Young Driver's bro.

Jokes aside tho they do have nicks and pits in them from road debris but that is un-avoidable. Likely going to get my wheels re Powder Coated soon.
I'll probable sand blast them myself to save some $$$$
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #31
RS Lurker, I don't post!

1 Stop Shop - Sure Blast Ltd.

If you're looking for media blasting and powder coating, my family business, Sure Blast Ltd., offers a one stop shop. They contract out the powdercoating but works closely with three preferred suppliers so they are able to get good lead times and prices. I'm pretty biased as it is my parent's business but check out Google reviews if you want to see what others say. Website: Sure Blast Home Facebook: www.facebook.com/sureblast (FOR MORE PICTURES) Phone: 778-285-3205
Sure Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure Blast View Post
If you're looking for media blasting and powder coating, my family business, Sure Blast Ltd., offers a one stop shop. They contract out the powdercoating but works closely with three preferred suppliers so they are able to get good lead times and prices. I'm pretty biased as it is my parent's business but check out Google reviews if you want to see what others say. Website: Sure Blast Home Facebook: www.facebook.com/sureblast (FOR MORE PICTURES) Phone: 778-285-3205
If you want to advertise your business without becoming a vendor on RS, then at the very least don't bump 5 year old threads...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote