REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Place for 30+ ppl, no set menu. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/629372-place-30-ppl-no-set-menu.html)

Rogue951 11-04-2010 06:18 PM

Place for 30+ ppl, no set menu.

Anyone know where will take reservations for 30+ people?
And without an overpriced set menu?
Gratuity ok whatever but I notice more and more restaurants forcing set menu's on large groups.
It's really disappointing when you go to somewhere and want to try the full menu but you're forced to order from a set that probably doesn't have a good combination.
Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

dave123 11-04-2010 07:47 PM

Uncle Willy's??

Restaurants have large groups order from a set menu so they can have items prepped for you so that your party can all get their food served together.

bcrdukes 11-04-2010 08:51 PM

^
Was that a joke? Uncle Willy's?

If so, it was pretty good. And I will keep telling myself that it was.

Okami 11-04-2010 09:27 PM

http://www.insadong.ca/

this place is a korean restaurant across from lougheed mall

they have this thing on the menu where if u have 10+ people there are these set meals where u choose an appy,main course and dessert ( i think).. i think it ranged from like $10-$14 dollar per person? if u decide to go this route make sure you make reservations and tell them you can this special set thing cuz you need to tell them in advance..

if not you can just make a regular reservation for 30 people and order off the menu.. ive been to a party thats done it.

and be sure to wear clothes you dont mind smelling like shit cuz they will smell like shit when you leave

rslater 11-04-2010 09:31 PM

Cactus club. Done 30 person parties before.

6793026 11-05-2010 08:15 AM

how about having a choice of just having a set menu with multiple options on it. I've had close to 30 people at West with a set menu with 3 different choices on each course.

Alphamale 11-05-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 7173441)
[url]

and be sure to wear clothes you dont mind smelling like shit cuz they will smell like shit when you leave

Are you inferring that Korean food smells like shit?

Tsk tsk.

TekDragon 11-05-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 7173993)
Are you inferring that Korean food smells like shit?

Tsk tsk.

I think he's saying that the place smells like shit.

Alphamale 11-05-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekDragon (Post 7174060)
I think he's saying that the place smells like shit.

So you're saying that Korean restaurants smell like shit?

What's wrong with you people....

chinook79 11-05-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 7174241)

when you go to korean bbq restaurant, you don't realize while you eat. However, when you leave the restaurant and when other ppl smell you, because of the smell of bbq sauce, you and your cloth will smell like bbq sauce which isn't pleasant anymore after a while..

Alphamale 11-05-2010 02:47 PM

^And that fragrance smells the same as shit?

donjalapeno 11-05-2010 08:05 PM

im pretty sure if you walk in advance to any restaurant and talk the manager theyll be able to help you out, restaurant managers rather have a 30ppl party than have a normal night because its gauranteed customers on that night, so everything is taken easy in the kitchen and front of the house. learned this in class :thumbsup:

Okami 11-05-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 7174375)
^And that fragrance smells the same as shit?

figure of speech.. =_= if i called your mom a cow.. is she really a cow..?

KO7 11-05-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 7174241)

What do you mean by you people?!
http://www.cultureblues.com/wp-conte...ic-thunder.jpg

cho 11-06-2010 01:21 AM

try whitespot,
i work at one we've done a 35 before, but yet again that was with a set menu =\

and also its really hard for a kitchen to cook 30+ dishes all at the same time, or close to the same time when everything is different, and there are other tables to serve as well

Rogue951 11-07-2010 05:55 PM

I've just never had a set menu that's been around $40 and satisfying.
I've already done Insadong once, that was pretty good, smell aside.
yeah might end up going to a cactus or earls.... or chinese.
wanted to try something different though.

Obsideon 11-09-2010 07:50 PM

Ebisu takes large parties all the time, no set menus. :)

BinsentoW 11-10-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 7174742)
figure of speech.. =_= if i called your mom a cow.. is she really a cow..?

yes

Phil@rise 11-11-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinook79 (Post 7174367)
when you go to korean bbq restaurant, you don't realize while you eat. However, when you leave the restaurant and when other ppl smell you, because of the smell of bbq sauce, you and your cloth will smell like bbq sauce which isn't pleasant anymore after a while..

What has this world come too when a man can't smell like BBQ and be proud of it. What about bacon, is smelling like bacon a bad thing also?

saucywoman 11-11-2010 12:16 PM

Keep this on topic please people
Posted via RS Mobile

Yushimi 11-12-2010 10:11 AM

Jade Restaurant in Richmond?

They have some pretty unique dishes :)

MrGoodbar 11-16-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave123 (Post 7173278)
Uncle Willy's??

Restaurants have large groups order from a set menu so they can have items prepped for you so that your party can all get their food served together.

Shit when I read the title to this thread I was thinking the exact same thing.

impulseX 11-18-2010 07:46 PM

restaurants that take reso's this many that want a set menu, is because honestly, when you have a 30+ person a la cart party, it's fucking annoying. keep in mind that you aren't the only one that will be in the restaurant, so the kitchen can't focus and cater specifically to your group. Not only that, but unless it's like an asian restaurant, western restaurants would like all of the guests to receive their food all together at the same time.

if you're still looking for one, one of my co-workers who works at mosaic (hyatt downtown) mentioned that for some unknown reason, the sous-chef there okayed a 50 person a-la carte party.

i work at season in queen e. park. we take parties all the time. you can try and ask for options because we do have options available. most parties that we've served, give about 2-3 choices, or sometimes a completely set menu.