REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Pain left ass cheek.

So i have noticed this pain in my left ass cheek area.
when im standing doesnt hurt, sitting i get a "feel" but not pain. When i do certain postures, such as standing up and trying to touch the ground, i get the pain. before the pain i didnt know but now i notice that i tend to shift my weight onto left ass alot when i sit, and now i try not too and currently sit on a pillow to "prevent" further damage, if my sitting posture is whats causing it.

basically it hurts when i stretch a certain way and normally shouldnt hurt...
pushing the area doesnt reproduce pain
its been about 5days now... and i dont think its really getting better.

what kind of doctor do i see for this? any1 in coq?

geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

do you sit on a thick wallet? I did, and that's when my lower left ass cheek started hurting. I guess my right ass cheek was elevated a bit. I switched to something that holds just credit cards and my work id when i go to the office, it seems to subside a bit. I also feel a bit of an annoyance now whenever i clutch-in when i'm driving feels like i pulled a muscle a bit.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Does it radiate downwards into the top of your thigh? Could be your Sciatic nerve.

Have you tried heat and anti inflammitories?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

possibly to my thigh i feel... is it self healing? can this area be "pulled" like a sprained ankle?
what kind of doctor do i see?
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Usually if you have problems with your sciatic nerve it's because it's pinched or damaged up in the lumbar region and refering downwards. It can extend quite far (I had pain all the way to my ankle when I was pregnant and had pressure on the nerve).

You can talk to your regular doctor if it persists for more then a week. If you are pro chiropractor you can see one of them (personally I'm not a big fan but I know people who swear by it).

I would try advil or aleve and heat first. Hot bath or hot tub might help. As well as gentle stretching.

I see Dr. Barron at Wilson Center Family Practice in Poco, he used to do primarily sports medicine so I find he's much more attentive to pain issues than my previous doctor. I don't know if he's taking patients at the moment though.