REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Under Armour heat gear or cold gear?

basicialy i'm looking for something that keeps me warm in the winter underneath when i'm working outside or going boarding..so which gear do i buy???

i read that simply, you wear Heat Gear when it is hot, and Cold Gear when it is cold. Heat gear is made of a thinner material.

but someone told me it's the other way around? SO if someone is familiar with them could you explain please thanks!
Advertisement
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

cold gear!

heat gear is to keep you cool when you're burning up.

cold gear is to keep you warm when you're cold.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
thermals perhaps ?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
yup yup! i work outside and once it hits december i start wearing long sleeve cold gear shirts under my sweaters!!! best investmest you can make if your someone who works outside or goes snowboarding a lot!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Cold gear,
But if you are not set on just UA, I would reccomend "icebreaker"
Look it up, warmer, and more breathable than UA, but don't stink because its made out of 100% merino wool (which doesn't itch either)
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
I don't get it

has anyone tried the firststar brand?

There was an article in the Vancouver Sun recently touting the company being local and a few of the nhl guys wearing it.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
has anyone tried the firststar brand?

There was an article in the Vancouver Sun recently touting the company being local and a few of the nhl guys wearing it.
Ryan Kesler is the new model w/ his own clothing line, check out RK17. Some of the items are hella tacky.
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Haha, yeah that Rk17 is pretty tacky with those skate laces. What was he thinking.

I recently bought a MEC Expedition Shirt. It's made of a very warm polyster that is grid-like underneath. Hard to describe without seeing it in person. It's almost like long-john's for your upper body.

It's very warm, and you can wear it underneath a sweater/jacket or alone if it's warm enough (probably 8-10). Any colder and you probably want something over it. It's a mid to heavy base layer, and provides exceptional wicking properties even for that type of material. When it's warm, just pull down the zipper and you'll be cool in no time.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...34374302888490

MEC has a lot of good stuff for reasonable price. UA is good for athletic clothes, I wouldn't say they are the best for outer wear.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I lol'd http://www.rk17.com/# man some of that gear is hilarious. "illegal curve briefs", think I'm gonna grab a hat though the logo is genius.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
I am Hook'd on RS

I haven't tried any Cold Gear stuff but they seem pretty warm. I've seen similar stuff from like Nike and other sports brands but I don't know how good they are compared to UA.
Minto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

I have a few pairs of Cold Gear underwear/pants and they're awesome! I love the 1.0's, they're the thinest ones and they're very comfortable. I also had the 3.0 which are the warmest but they were too thick and uncomfortable. If anyone has tried the 2.0, please let me know what you think of them.

Icebreaker stuff looks really nice as well, does anybody here have first hand experience w/ their products?
RollingStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Im going to invest in a top this year. Ive got a pair of Helly Hanson bottoms that are absolutely fantastic.

is it really necessary to pay for UA's cool logo? there has to be better alternatives out there
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
UA cold gear FTW! pretty pricey though... i got the mock neck long sleeve when it first came out a few years back.. i sometimes wear it for hockey but not much.. it is actually too hot for hockey.. i would wear it if i ever went boarding, and maybe snow shoeing? lol.. but yea. for hockey i just wear the regular heat gear/loose gear. cold gear is good for outdoor stuff in the winter...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote