REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #226
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
IPMS, gotta love the name............ is having their annual fall show this Saturday at Bonsor from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Special theme - "The Korean War."

I don't go for the show, but rather the swap meet that is held at the same time. I picked up some real bargoons last year. Vancouver alderman, Kerry Jang, is into small scale modeling. Sold me a beautiful, out of production, Aoshima Iron Clad, IJN 1/350 heavy cruiser model kit. I also got me a few car models and accessories. I'm hoping to find some display cases and photoetch parts this year.

Fall Show
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #227
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Anybody into rockets?

Been thinking about getting started with an Estes model rocket set but was wondering if anybody has experience with this stuff.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #228
MG1

Oh yeah, I am rocket man............ ask away.

Seriously, I have built tonnes of them and have launched them. You are talking about the normal stuff, right?

Because, down in the US, them Amuricans know their rockets. Some of them are bona fide missles that can take out North Korea, LOLOLOLOL.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #229
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Oh yeah, I am rocket man............ ask away.

Seriously, I have built tonnes of them and have launched them. You are talking about the normal stuff, right?

Because, down in the US, them Amuricans know their rockets. Some of them are bona fide missles that can take out North Korea, LOLOLOLOL.
I rode my bike through John Hendry Park a few months back and saw a dad with his kids launch one up into the air and thought, "Hey, that looks pretty cool." As for "normal stuff" I'm assuming you mean the ones by Estes Rockets?

A friend of mine in high school gave me one in high school but it was only the rocket. We moved and it was never to be found ever again so I'm wondering how they work / what you need / costs/time required etc. Would like to try it out one day.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #230
MG1

There are lots of Estes kits out there. Some are very easy to put together. Less than 20 minutes to build one.

You need a launch pad and a controller. There are kits that have these two included. You can also make your own launch pad and controller, but it's much easier to get the ones that come already made.

Best place to get a kit is by going to Michael's and use their coupons.

Oh, you need the rocket engine. When you buy the engine, it should come with extra plugs and igniters. All very affordable.

Be prepared to lose your rocket. They go as high as 2500 feet and more, and drift off into the next neighbourhood if not carefull. Calm day, of course.

For beginners, it is recommended that you use the weaker engines that will launch the rocket like 500 feet in the air.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #231
My homepage has been set to RS

Been to the hobby shop around Front street I believe, in the back of Westley Military Surplus store? Great prices from what I've heard. Got to check it out one of these days.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #232
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
does anyone know who carries the diecast brand greenlight? there is a shop near the TnT supermarket in metrotown but they mostly only have the police car lineup and they are quite expensive... was hoping to find someone local before going online.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #233
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
does anyone know who carries the diecast brand greenlight? there is a shop near the TnT supermarket in metrotown but they mostly only have the police car lineup and they are quite expensive... was hoping to find someone local before going online.
Dodge Challenger RT convertible 1970 red - Greenlight 1:18 Diecast - eAutomobilia

These guys are local. Wilkinson's Automobilia.

Company: eAutomobilia
Address: 2531 Ontario St.
City: Vancouver, Canada
Province: BC
Postal Code: V5T 2X7
Phone: (604) 873-6242

Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #234
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
What scale are you looking for?
I found this from Metrotown TRU a few days ago, they also had the Fords from this lineup:

pic borrowed from google
Lancerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #235
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i am looking for this:

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe - Kona Blue [12824] - $57.99 : 1:18 Showroom : Super Car Collectibles - 1:18 Scale Replica Cars

unfortunately e-automobilia only has what they have in stock and it's not this, and there is something hinky going on with the local distributor according to another store (no details)
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #236
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I'll toss this in here, I recently got back into RC cars, and I am tempted to pick up a heli too.

But I bought a 3.3 Revo from Mr. Hobby in North Vancouver.

The owner Mr. Lee is actually super helpful and awesome. He helped me out a ton when I first was getting back into Nitro RC's. He is at the store himself 6 days a week, and the store is packed to the brim with all types of stuff (everything from heli's and boats, to model train stuff and everything in the traxxas line-up).

Anyone looking to get into RC'ing on the north shore go see Mr. Hobby. I can't say enough good things about my experience there.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #237
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I'll toss this in here, I recently got back into RC cars, and I am tempted to pick up a heli too.

But I bought a 3.3 Revo from Mr. Hobby in North Vancouver.

The owner Mr. Lee is actually super helpful and awesome. He helped me out a ton when I first was getting back into Nitro RC's. He is at the store himself 6 days a week, and the store is packed to the brim with all types of stuff (everything from heli's and boats, to model train stuff and everything in the traxxas line-up).

Anyone looking to get into RC'ing on the north shore go see Mr. Hobby. I can't say enough good things about my experience there.
do u know if they have gundams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #238
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
do u know if they have gundams?
No I don't but I will have a look next time I am in there.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #239
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

since collectors den in lansdowne is closed, anyone know of any sports cards store in Richmond or Vancouver?
hiGh_RollA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #240
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA View Post
since collectors den in lansdowne is closed, anyone know of any sports cards store in Richmond or Vancouver?
These guys might have what you are looking for..........

Tazmanian Comic Connection : Welcome

Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #241
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I'm lookin for this or somethin close to it. But local.
Fujimi #FJ-34386 - 1/24 ID-98 Nissan S14 Silvia K s Autech Ver.MF-T Tamiya Kyosho HPI Futaba Savox Bandai Traxxas Hirobo Yokomo Walkera Align Trex RC Spare Parts plastic scale model shop Supplier Dsitributor Dealer Wholesaler Retail Store Online Shop
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #242
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts

Went racing in Seattle over the weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #243
MG1

Damn, the model kit I ordered did not arrive at 24/7 shipping today, as expected. Delivery date moved back........ damn you, UPS!

Anyway, here's what I ordered.

The Modelling News: Zoukei Mura?s two new kits ? after two years the Raiden in 32nd and the finely reproduced Shinden in 48th

I already have the 1/32 scale version of the J7W1 Shinden and now the 1/48 version. I'm behind at least 10 models now, including a couple of battleships and two versions of the zero fighter in 1/32 scale. At least I'll have enough to do to keep busy in my retirement.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #244
RS controls my life!

Anyone into Kyosho Mini-Z's here? are there any local hobby shops with a track available for testing?
Lancerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #245
MG1

Imperial Hobbies is having their boxing week sale right now. 25% off entire store. Magic Box Hobbies is having their sale, too. Although only 20% off, Magic Box sale is on par because of inflated prices at Imperial.

Imperial's sale is on till the 31st, while Magic is only one day.

Some dude was at Imperial at 6 AM, which is nuts when you figure it opened at 11:00 AM. I'm at Imperial right now and the lineup to pay is unbelievably long. Nothing over at Magic Box. Next year, Magic Box only for me.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #246
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
John's R/C Racing Blog: IROCC NRC Speed Weekend CE 2014 WCICS Round 5

Decent sized race this weekend
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #247
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I've decided to take up Gundam model building as a side hobby, I'll probably build one once every three months or so. Just finished the red one in this pic, a newer 1/100 scale Strike Rouge, although I still need to complete the weapon backpack for it. I have another one based on the Gundam Build Fighters anime on the way as well.

I've noticed that buying locally is rather overpriced, as I can buy similar kits for basically half price overseas, and the shipping is still less than buying local. However, if I can find something I really like on the cheap in Vancouver, I did notice some older kits on discount at Imperial Hobbies. Anyone else have a lead on local Gundam kit sellers, outside of the norm?
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #248
MG1

There used to be a place in Burnaby that sold Gundams on-line. No local pick up, but prices were reasonable. Their website now indicates that they are located in Blaine, Wa and Wilmington, Delaware, but I remember their website having a contact number in Burnaby at one time.

In any case, here's the link.

HobbyWave - Newage Hobby Shop

Edit: It looks like they have some sort of Canadian connection. Richmond?

Last edited by MG1; 01-22-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #249
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
locally, theres only a hand full of shops i know of that sells gundams, imperial hobbies have a limited selection, magic box hobbies have a slightly bigger selection than imperial, but prices r a tad bit more expensive, and the 3rd/4th shop is located in crystal mall, right beside the elevator. there is a gift shop that have a large selection of gundam, and another corner shop piggy backing this gift shop that sells gundams only, but this piggy back shop is open on weekends only.

as for prices, i find the crystall mall shops comparable to online sites from the states, usually just $5 more, so if u factor in shipping it'll cost more to buy from states.

as for over seas, i have not tried yet, but big sites like hobby link japan and 1999.co is sometimes half the price of the kits here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #250
MG1

There's also a place on Kingsway across from Metrotown that I think carried some Gundams, but not sure.......... I haven't been there in a while.

Metropolis Comics and Toys