REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Europe trip in December

Is this a good idea? I have 2 weeks where I can travel and I would love to go to Europe. However, I have never done this and I have no idea how to even get started. Is mid December a good time to be going? What places can I visit in 14 days?

I'm willing to spend no more than $2000, and will either be travelling alone or with 1 other person.

Thanks
Advertisement
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
I am grateful grapefruit

$2000... your flight there could easily cost you $1200 alone. I'd budget quite a bit more for europe honestly.

That said, December is a different time to go traveling in Europe. Quite a few countries, especially places like Germany and Belgium have some of the nicest Christmas outdoor fairs to go to. You can see a few cities within 14 days, but it just depends on what you're looking for. However, it IS quite cold, and I find when I'm traveling that there's a lot of walking around, and it'll be difficult. The days are shorter, you won't be able to see as much because of it.

It definitely won't be as busy as summer time, but traveling in the winter isn't for everybody.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

not the greatest idea. for one 2 weeks is kinda short. you'll lose a day or two for travel + you'll be jet lagged when you get there. those are wasted days. as gars said, getting there would cost about 1200 alone, which means you'll have roughly 800 to work with. so lots of street food and hosteling and being frugal. as for where to go, well that's up to you. beauty of europe is that it's all packed in nicely. choose the country you want to go to the most, and then research surrounding countries and go from there.

negatives aside, going to europe is a wonderful experience, if you can make it happen, do it.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
If you are willing to spend a little more you can do a 14 day contiki tour and see 8 countries. KLM and Delta have seat sales on so you might get lucky for a cheap flight.

Hostels and buying picnics will stretch your dollars further though.

I'm doing the European Discovery (Winter) Contiki tour March 20th. Just booked yesterday. http://ca.contiki.com/tours/110-euro...scovery-winter
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote