REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #2151
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
e46 330i facelift with mtech 2 ... in sapphire black .. lowered with clear corners, nice wheels, angel eyes. AA software, intake, header etc. etc ... beauty of a car. I fucking want it
Ouch even shitter for her. Hopefully the damage aint that bad.
Advertisement
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #2152
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Ouch even shitter for her. Hopefully the damage aint that bad.
Yeah hope she and the car are ok. Apparently she was on the phone she told me now, luckily for her the car's got bluetooth + shes got a class 5 so it should be all good. I'm kinda disappointed ... I just finished helping her pickout and install all the mods Feels like a part of me just died lol.

Just freaky how I was thinking about how she took her car out in this snow, and seconds after that I got a text lol.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #2153
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
worst thing about most of the roads is that theres actually a thin layer of snow covering a layer of ice. so you think you're fine as long as you have snow tires, then you hit a turn and fly into a curb

i was out earlier today (really early, when there was only about 1mm of snow) and i had the worst and scariest drive of my life, and i didn't even go far. my own dumbass fault though, taking a rwd car with summer tires out in any amount of snow. i'm really lucky to have arrived home fine actually. took my parents rav4 out for the rest of the day. my cars staying garaged until this snow is gone

i saw a shitload of accidents too. most seem to have been from people who were inexperienced or overconfident. like i said, because it seems like it's just snow, people think their snow tires will save them from any amount of slip

be careful out there guys. just because you're equipped with winter gear and know what you're doing, doesn't mean the person behind you does
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #2154
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

So far tonight, I have seen ZERO snow plows in vancouver. Did the city just don't give a shit?

A lot of damn bmw/merc/audi being heros out there, blocking the whole fucking road. E.g. coming out of downtown after the game...
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #2155
【=◈︿◈=】

^ isn't there some olympic thing going on in downtown too? wonder how that's going with this weather =\

i saw a snow machine sprinkling salt at around 3pm in richmond. no snowplows though. and that was when the snow was only about 2mm high. they need to get some snowplows out, way too many accidents going on
Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #2156
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
My sister just called me driving down #1 going 65 on her way to work and she was pulled over. Even tho the speed limit is 80 the cop gave her a lecture that it was too fast in these conditions and told her to slow down and be careful.

I personally thing good on him, this was her first time pulled over and it freaked her out. Hopefully she will slow down now rather then getting into a accident and getting hurt.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #2157
xxx

I'm just amazed at the amount of people driving with following distances less than 2 seconds in this weather. In snowy/icy conditions, following distances should be at least 4 seconds, longer is preferred.

I was driving home with my family after eating out and was amazed at how close the car behind me was to my car. Not tailgating by any means but just the following distance is definitely < 2 seconds. Meanwhile I maintain a steady 5 seconds distance from the car in front of me. Nobody is driving faster than 40 in these conditions yet once in a while (and by while I mean a few minutes) you will see the odd driver with snow tires (some probably don't even have snows) going by at 50 or even faster.

People need to just be patient and leave earlier if they need to get somewhere on time. Despite the conditions, I actually enjoyed the drive with my family. In fact, it was almost like an adventure driving through a sea of white. Felt like Christmas again almost. Felt great and really relaxed compared to those who are always in a rush and getting pissed at every driver slower than them.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #2158
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
^ isn't there some olympic thing going on in downtown too? wonder how that's going with this weather =\

i saw a snow machine sprinkling salt at around 3pm in richmond. no snowplows though. and that was when the snow was only about 2mm high. they need to get some snowplows out, way too many accidents going on
Yes. I came out of the Granville theatre at 930pm (free screening for Rango), and Granville street was filled with people singing/partying/celebrating.

Took me about 20 minutes to get the fuck out of downtown with the Olympic crowd, Canucks game, and snow...

Got home safe though
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #2159
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

a G and a c-class stuck on nanaimo kingsway an hour ago, suckers.... leave the summer tires at home
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #2160
I STILL don't get it

Thats why I choose to drive on the right lane in the snow and I always somehow get tailgated by an ***hole who's either rolling in a 4wd or just on snow tires. FFS just go on the left lane if you're in a rush
domco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #2161
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by domco View Post
Thats why I choose to drive on the right lane in the snow and I always somehow get tailgated by an ***hole who's either rolling in a 4wd or just on snow tires. FFS just go on the left lane if you're in a rush
They would just go in the left lane... if there wasn't some idiot with summer or all seasons going 20km/hr in the left lane.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #2162
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
They would just go in the left lane... if there wasn't some idiot with summer or all seasons going 20km/hr in the left lane.
ie: me, but in the right lane
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #2163
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Meh, I only saw one snowplow on West 4th on the way back to downtown an hour ago and that's it. Most of the roads are covered in snow and a layer of ice.

Going down steep hills in Kits is tricky. My rear swung to the side for a few secs gave me a heart attack. I am thankful the other driver yielded at the stop sign for the longest time when he saw me in trouble.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #2164
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I just got home from the Canucks game. I couldnt beleive it, it looked like none of the roads had been touched. There was probably 2" in some spots. I got out to Abby, and theres a light dusting, almost nothing.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #2165
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I hope you motherfuckers that wanted snow got what you wished for.

The commute home was a bitch because NONE of the roads were plowed and I'm talking about Broadway, Kingsway, Main etc. I don't care about the snow if our city is equip for it but we're not. We have like 5 snow plows in the entire GVR and we rarely get snow that people aren't accustomed to driving in it which leads to accidents. The packed down snow + ice on the roads doesn't help either.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2166
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Meh, I only saw one snowplow on West 4th on the way back to downtown an hour ago and that's it. Most of the roads are covered in snow and a layer of ice.
Same, saw one go by in one direction, none since. Staring out the window, still snowing heavily, no plows.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2167
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I hate snow. That shit should stay in the mountains.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #2168
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
y'all gon' be mad when I fly by you on my x-country skii's

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #2169
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
I loveeeeee snow
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #2170
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Use some for your uneven grill gaps too, hell tape the whole front end up.

pretty lame attempt buddy, come again
if I'm driving my car in this weather you think I give a fck about my grille being a few mm's off

guys Boundary going up from Marine all the way to Kingsway has been salted, I just drove up 20 minutes ago, nice and clean both going up and down
Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #2171
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

off to the airport...wish me luck guys
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #2172
My homepage has been set to RS

I just got rear ended.....

A group of 7-8 of teenagers decided it would a good time to cross across hastings street tonight..... I had snow tires on..... guy behind me wasn't so lucky.......

Seriously... has our youth become so retarded that they think J-walking a 6 lane street under heavy snow condition would be ok? Use a fucking intersection

my lower back hurts like shit

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #2173
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
off to the airport...wish me luck guys
Good luck!

A Honda Accord missed a turn onto the Arthur Laing onramp earlier, couldn't get grip. Guy decides to back up - ON MARINE DRIVE NO LESS - and sits there, signalling to go left until it was clear of traffic. And there I am, sitting behind him, waiting. Serious WTF.
Posted via RS Mobile
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #2174
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Spotted a bit of a drama on 41st @ Knight Street. [Had to call 911]

A Volvo couldn't get up the hill then slided into a Camry. Plus a Red Mazda3 failed to climb the same hill, causing two vehicles hitting the curb to avoid him.

Drive safe.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #2175
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz View Post
I just got rear ended.....

A group of 7-8 of teenagers decided it would a good time to cross across hastings street tonight..... I had snow tires on..... guy behind me wasn't so lucky.......

Seriously... has our youth become so retarded that they think J-walking a 6 lane street under heavy snow condition would be ok? Use a fucking intersection

my lower back hurts like shit
shouldn't have used the brake.

murder the fuckers.