REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

China Eastern Airlines

I'm looking at a trip to Hong Kong and possibly stopping over at Shanghai.
China Eastern Airlines allow me to take advantage of this and at much cheaper rates. However I have only read horrible review about this airline. Noted that the reviews are a few years old as there hasn't been any recent ones.

Just wondering if any of you have taken this airline and your experience?
Advertisement
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
This isn't first hand experience but my parents just came back from Shanghai and took China Eastern there and back. I asked them how it was when they came back in comparison to the other Airlines they usually take to Asia (Cathay etc) and all they said was it was average. They didn't have any issues by any means but there was definitely nothing special or memorable about the experience.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

GOD the airline sux.....and its not the service. The service is average - pretty much what you'd expect for what you pay for. The bad part are the planes and the food. The food is shit crap, and the planes are god awful. I had to take them when i got back from HK 3 weeks ago. If you can take another airline, like Eva or China Airlines (they're taiwanese, not mainland...weird, I know) , or pay just a little more for something else like Cathay or JAL, do it. Seriously. I WOULD NOT CONSIDER China Eastern again unless there was ABSOLUTELY no other flights....

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
I took them for a route from Seoul to HK (stopover @ Shanghai).

It's a budget airline and I don't find them particularly bad or good in anyway. I can't remember if I was served food, so I can't comment on that.

All is good in my books, given the price. But because you are taking a long haul flight, you may want to look into other carriers w/ better equipped airlines/food/service..etc.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
take oasis airline

on a serious note..don't have first hand exp either but frds/family told me the planes are garbage quite a while ago...dont know if it's better these days. Regardless i would pay a little more for cathay to have a better peace of mind.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Retired moderator

I'm taking that airline, but I can't complain, $1,287 to fly to HK during peak hours > $2000.

You get what you pay for. I'm stopping in Beijing for 1.5 hours before connecting to HK. A family friend took it once and he said it was average.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
DO NOT FLY CATHAY LONG HAUL TO HK!!!

Their new seats are absolutely horrible!

Trust me...your back and entire body will thank me.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,438 Times in 4,279 Posts
LOL!
I knew Ch28 would chime in on the Cathay comment!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
China Eastern may be bad compared to Cathay or AC, but they are a LOT cheaper... So what's more important to you, having built in entertainment and "better" food (admit it, the food may be better but it's still horrible), or saving like $1600 on pair of round trip tickets?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I've taken China Eastern at least 3 times and its not that bad.. Of course can't be compared to the more expensive airlines but for the price you pay its decent.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

thanks for the input guys. Yes i can save quite a bit on a pair of tickets and i'm not too concerns about inflight entertainment or food. I'm more concerns about flight delays of up to a few hours or I've heard that if you don't confirm your flight prior to departure, you are SOL at the airport as they've given your seat away.
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I've flown this airline quite a few times. Yes, maybe the flight attendants aren't quite as pretty or refined and maybe the food isn't quite as good, but overall, it's a very good airline.

I wouldn't pay anything more than maybe $100 to fly with Cathay or AC over China Eastern. China Eastern, IMO, is as close to a full fare airline as you can get with budget prices.
votrechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,438 Times in 4,279 Posts
Co-worker of mine flew on China Eastern and got mega fucked 4 times with layovers in China. He got home 3 days later and they lost his luggage.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
i never really care which airline i fly when i travel....

direct flight and price are my concerns....
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote