REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Insurance job + paint job at the same time

I've been looking through some threads here to get a good idea of a reputable bodyshop to take my car to for my ICBC claim (new fr bumper, fender, headlight + paint) and I've found a few that seem to fit the bill.

I was planning to have my car painted this spring anyways and I don't see any better time than now to get it done since I have to have the car repaired anyways. Now, it's not a really expensive car, however I want it to look nice. So I am looking for a "modestly priced" bodyshop that does good work but it won't cost me an arm and a leg to have the rest of the car painted out of my pocket at the same time.

I don't expect to get a paint job for $1000 or something silly like that, but I want a job done right (IE, no paint flaking off the bumper from poor prep like my last car that was painted).

So... any "cheaper" bodyshops who do good work, can fix a small bit of rust, paint the whole car and can take care of the ICBC portion at the same time? The car is small.... tiny, really. It's an early 1990's Miata.

Advertisement
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
my friend works at a place called mastertouch autobody, they do really good work there. i went there before for some minor paint chip and he buffed it out and made it look good as new really quick. fast and good work

i don't know about prices, he helped me do it free of charge, but i'm sure you can work something out with them

here's a phone number:
http://www.canpages.ca/page/BC/vanco...d/1909556.html
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

give me a call - Yeah, we're a luxury bodyshop, but if you're interested in having some more work done on top of an ICBC claim I can definately help you out.

You're definately not going to get a better job anywhere else...

www.bavara.ca
www.flickr.com/bavara
jeff@bavara.ca
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #4

Hey Jeff I sent you an email.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

http://www.fastrackautobody.com/
They do good work. Tied for top 3 body shops in Richmond.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
You could try talking to Chris at Eunos in North Vancouver, see who he uses. My brother got his front bumper fixed/replaced through him when he was hit, paint was done great. Chris also specializes in Miata's, so that may be helpful too

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #7

Ya, I know Chris...