REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

How to break in G-STAR leather boots

Just got these G-STAR RAW leather boots. First thing I thought after taking them out of the box was why are they so hard and narrow?. Been wearing them in the snow today and they hurt so much. It feels so hard on the foot. Is this leather going to soften over time? Is there anyway I can break them in faster before my feet get too sore? Thanks!

Advertisement
ethano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I don't know a thing about your boots, but I saw on tv that shoes should fit properly when you first try them out. You may want to just get some boots that work well for you rather than destroying your feet.

I learned that brand name shoes/boots take a 2nd seat to practicality after wasting money on quite a few designer brand shoes. But I'm a guy, what do I know about shoes.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I don't know a thing about your boots, but I saw on tv that shoes should fit properly when you first try them out. You may want to just get some boots that work well for you rather than destroying your feet.

I learned that brand name shoes/boots take a 2nd seat to practicality after wasting money on quite a few designer brand shoes. But I'm a guy, what do I know about shoes.
yeh thats true for regular shoes, but I heard for leather boots its different..they're all pretty stiff when new..u gotta distress them by wearing them
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

The snow and cold is like the last place you want to break them in though. The cold is going to make the leather stiffer.

Wear them around inside if you can where it's warmer. Throw an extra pair of socks on if they're rubbing. Have an extra pair of shoes to switch into for out in the cold and if they bother you too much.

They will soften over time but the only way to get there is to wear them until you've either broken your boots to your feet or broken your feet to your boots.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

head down to Dayton Boots,pick up a can of O.K oil leather conditioner,the conditioner will soften the boot leather,allowing it to stretch out to your feet.

When breaking in leather boots,you should only wear them for a maximum 1/2 hour at a time.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
I don't get it

Why did you not wear them before buying them?

I'm sorry to say this, but your feet will probably break before the boots.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfroggy View Post
Why did you not wear them before buying them?

I'm sorry to say this, but your feet will probably break before the boots.
Bcuz I got them on ssense.com

I put some leather conditioner on them and they are a lot better. Although the right foot still hurts a little.