REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Director of RS Cares

[CONFIDENTIAL] Guy Dropping Off Stuff at My GF's House

The following post is from an anonymous poster. If he would like to make a reply he can pm me.

So my gf has this guy she calls him her "god brother" and appearently they are really close. She tells me how caring he is and he only sees her as a god sister too. This is I feel that its bullshit, its way beyound god sister and god brother. When they talk on the phone say at like 3am she tells him shes hungry but got no food and home this guy buys her food and drops it off at her house. He doesnt tell her im bringing u food now he just does it leaves it at the front door and then either text or calls her and says "i left you food outside"

Buddy lives at least a 40min drive from her house so thats a total of 80mins without getting the food. Theres another time when my gf was sick and he went to go get her some tylenol and dropped it off at her front door. I started to get a little pissed and i told her come on he likes u, she started to think he kind of did but not totally and she started to talk to him less cause of me. Untill recently he dropped off a present for her for her bday at her front door again and texted her saying he did.

Am I thinking too much or this is what really good friends or "god brother" do now and days. We go into a few fights over this and she keeps telling me she only sees him as a "god brother". Whats your thoughts on this?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
seems like she goes to him because you're not doing your job.. if you made her a sandwich and put it in her fridge.. i guess she would have food.. shes sick.. where the hell are you..?? go make her some soup or something... then you kill 2 birds with one stone..

and you need to tell us what the gift is.. if its like a xbox game.. then i dont think you have anything to worry about.. underwear.. then you got a problem..

but what it comes down to is.. if you're not there for her.. she'll find someone who is..

just let her know if she needs anything you'll be there for her.. and try to notice when things are wrong and try to fix them without her telling you.

if all else fails talk to the guy man to man.. andif that doesnt work then pop his tires so he has to take the bus home.. after 3 flats i'm sure he'll learn not to come :P
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 'the god brother'. That other guy is up to his neck in the friendzone. Your GF just takes advantage of that... which leads to the question, repeating the poster above me: where the hell are you?
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Damn, your getting CB by this guy that's doing stuff that your suppose to be doing.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

you fail as a boyfriend, shes got to get some other dude to fill your role.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Girls like to have those backup friends to boost their ego. Those are guys they would never consider dating, but keep in the friendzone. Those are what we call "Mr. Nice guy".

However, when you have a fight with her, the first person she would turn to is him.

So yah, as long as your relationship is fine, you have nothing to worry about.

But, as soon as you guys start fighting, you should watch out.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Is the girlfriend super high maintanece? If yes, this guy is taking some or your unfulfilled duties

They might be banging too

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.C View Post

I agree with this; as long as you don't feel like you're losing your end of the bargain on the relationship, the guy can't be any more than a guy who has been friend zoned and don't know about it/too naive to admit it.

A lot of times girls just keep these guys around out of pure politeness (and the fact that they're pretty handy to have around reinforces that a lot more). My past girlfriends have had similar guys in their lives. It's natural to get upset/jealous, but in the grand scheme, as long as he's not stealing her away from you in such a way it makes it obvious in your interactions with your girlfriend, he's just small potatoes.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #9
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

get yourself a god sister and see how she reacts...proably the same way you are now

god sister? fcuk that?? unless you're like in highschool. he's into your gf man. just talk to your gf and tell her your're not comfortable with it

Last edited by ImportXxX; 11-25-2010 at 09:40 PM.
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #10

Why the fuck did you not give her tylenol?
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_demon View Post
seems like she goes to him because you're not doing your job.. if you made her a sandwich and put it in her fridge.. i guess she would have food.. shes sick.. where the hell are you..?? go make her some soup or something... then you kill 2 birds with one stone..

and you need to tell us what the gift is.. if its like a xbox game.. then i dont think you have anything to worry about.. underwear.. then you got a problem..

but what it comes down to is.. if you're not there for her.. she'll find someone who is..

just let her know if she needs anything you'll be there for her.. and try to notice when things are wrong and try to fix them without her telling you.

if all else fails talk to the guy man to man.. andif that doesnt work then pop his tires so he has to take the bus home.. after 3 flats i'm sure he'll learn not to come :P
+1 and lol about no food. I am sure there are food she is just too lazy to cook it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #12
How I Mod your mother

Quote:

I'd have to say this is whats going on in his situation, however I also feel that she's going about things wrong. A relationship is about communicating. If she's deciding to go elsewhere, shes going about it all wrong.

She needs to let you know whats going on in her mind.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

that's fucked

wait in her house and confront the guy when he drops off stuff next time, tell him to back off.

He's vulturing your gf, waiting to pounce the first time you guys get in a fight. (I should know, I did this in high school once)

Bastardly thing to do.....
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ what's it like listening to another girls problem? i wouldn't do it, no way. i rather watch something shitty maybe baseball or nascar.

but op: relax pal, nice guys finish last.
his 3 am phone calls will bore her in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I wouldn't worry about 'the god brother'. That other guy is up to his neck in the friendzone.
^see? buddy knows what's up.

and don't confront him, all is well. carry on.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
n00bie p0ztwh0re

OP- some chicks will take advantage of guys. If ur gf knows this guy likes her she's using him for food, tylenol and soup lol. Things you should be doing for her.
Posted via RS Mobile
::smurfie:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #16
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Well not I used to be good friends with this girl while she had a boyfriend and I fooled around with her twice.... The guy can be a total fag and homo but if a girl is horny then shes horny.

edit: it was a dick move and really against the bro code... w/e it was highschool

Last edited by rJZx; 11-26-2010 at 12:35 AM.
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

go find yourself a god sister
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #18
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
I'm that guy, you got something wrong with that?
you are not stepping up your game, and when the moment is right, i'mma take her from you and you are not gonna know what hit you

Nice guys don't finish last, Jerks just get a head start
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #19
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
I'm that guy, you got something wrong with that?
you are not stepping up your game, and when the moment is right, i'mma take her from you and you are not gonna know what hit you

Nice guys don't finish last, Jerks just get a head start
Wait.. I thought I'm THAT GUY??

I guess she has 2 God brothers and 1 boyfriend I see...

.. I like where this is going

Jokes aside.. You need to step up your a-game. Let her know you're there for her and tell her if she needs anything, she goes to you . Better yet, if you love and know her well enough then you need to go to her when you know things are not feeling right or if she needs someone/something.

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #20
無敵

Like everyone else has been saying, where are you during all this?
Why is it that he is there for her when she's feeling sick/hungry/needs to talk, and you're not?

muteki is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #21
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

One of my ex's had an ex that would come over and drop stuff off. They were trying to re conciliate their friendship after not talking for a while.

One time we had an argument because he wanted to come over, and it went like this.

me: "fuck that, I'm already here, why is it so important that you see him?"
her: "i haven't seen him in like a week!"
me: "...are you serious?"
her: "yes." starts pouting. "besides, he's close by and just wanted to drop something off"
me: "whatever fine. i'm going home then"

So I get my stuff and leave, and the guy is outside already. He lives a good 15 minutes away, so he obviously was hanging around the area, waiting to come regardless of me leaving or not.

In his hand is a bottle of Alize.

Who comes to see an ex with alcohol?!

Anyways, I left. I was too pissed off.

A week later, we're working on some gift thing and I pick up her camera to take pictures of the gift.

Take a picture, press play, go back a picture and what do I see?

A few pictures of her making out. With the ex. With a timestamp of last week. With alize.

I was FURRRRRRRRRIOUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also stupid and didn't just dump her right there and then, instead I wimp'd out and asked for an explanation and got all "silent-angry" and listened to her attempt to say sorry. All in all, not my wisest moment, relationship wise.

COLES NOTES: Don't let him go over with alcohol?! I don't know. Just wanted to share something I thought was simillar.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #22
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
^ shitty deal

I would've dumped that bitch in a heart beat.

.. And then smash her camera against the wall
Posted via RS Mobile
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #23

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Time to play Dexter.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.C View Post
Girls like to have those backup friends to boost their ego. Those are guys they would never consider dating, but keep in the friendzone. Those are what we call "Mr. Nice guy".

However, when you have a fight with her, the first person she would turn to is him.

As a girl who has several guys in the friend zone. This guy isn't a threat to you. Girls don't date the guy in the friend zone. BUT having them means if you aren't doing your job as a boyfriend, we're quite happy to leave your ass because we still have someone to go hang out with until someone new comes into the boyfriend zone and hopefully someone who has the sense step up and at least try to do better.

Also if you attack the friend zone guy. You will lose. He does more more for us then you do. He's been there forever and a month and will be there when we're done with you. Your best bet is to become friends with friend zone guy. He's usually a good guy and will back off when he knows you're not an asshole.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #25
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Damn, your getting CB by this guy that's doing stuff that your suppose to be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
you fail as a boyfriend, shes got to get some other dude to fill your role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Why the fuck did you not give her tylenol?
Posted via RS Mobile

Dude, I'm sure he would and I'm sure there things he does for his gf than was unmentioned (because that was not the point of the thread)

Nonetheless, being a boyfriend doesn't mean he also has to wait hand-over-foot for a girl either. We may be in relationships but we're not man-maids.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote