REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Thermal base layer for snowboarding? (alternatives to UnderArmour) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/631298-thermal-base-layer-snowboarding-alternatives-underarmour.html)

sonick 11-26-2010 08:36 AM

Thermal base layer for snowboarding? (alternatives to UnderArmour)

As title says, I am looking for a base layer for warmth insulation; similar to UnderArmour ColdGear without the UnderArmour price.

Any suggestions? Does MEC have anything like this?

Vangruver 11-26-2010 12:30 PM

Mec offers great first layers along with marks work ware house at an even more fabulous price.

Running shops offer great alternatives to pricey base layers and check out sugoi as well.

Even try walmart, they offer great apparel without the hefty price tag
Posted via RS Mobile

Matlock 11-26-2010 12:42 PM

Go to Costco and check out Paradox brand base layers (Shirt and pants).
They have them every year during and before winter. I've been buying a set every year and they're great.

I think they are around $15-20, which is very cheap compared to your typical name brand base layers.

saveth 11-26-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7204483)
Go to Costco and check out Paradox brand base layers (Shirt and pants).
They have them every year during and before winter. I've been buying a set every year and they're great.

I think they are around $15-20, which is very cheap compared to your typical name brand base layers.

This is what I use also.
Posted via RS Mobile

dlo 11-30-2010 03:44 PM

MEC is a bit pricey, but the fabric is great and fit is true to size. Its around $100 for top and bottom :S its pretty much long johns and a thermal longsleeve lol I have had mine for 4 years and still look brand new, so quality is no problem with MEC.

DC5-S 11-30-2010 03:55 PM

thanks to this thread, I went out and bought the paradox legs and shirt.. they keep you really warm, price is good too. I would recommend it

sonick 11-30-2010 03:56 PM

Are they tight like the UnderArmour stuff? I wanna show off my ripped muscles to all the ski bunnies at the lodge.

DC5-S 11-30-2010 04:08 PM

they are sorta tight but it depends on your build.. im 5'10 150lbs so it doesnt really fit tight on me but if you got 20+ lbs on me you shouldnt have any problem.. btw they fit quite large (arm length and legs) so if your close to 6' tall. I would recommend medium for both shirt and legs.

Ronin 12-24-2010 12:20 AM

Find a friend that works for some kind of sports store and get Under Armour at 50%.

Get one of the UA balaclavas too. I love mine for cold weather sports.

k2_alpha 12-24-2010 12:02 PM

I can't believe no one has posted about Helly Hansen.
FANTASTIC stuff! I got one as it is warm and comfortable but wicks (sp?) moisture away.

I have two and it has lasted me three years.
Plus OP, if you are looking for tight fit; there is a version that is.

RacePace 12-24-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2_alpha (Post 7239582)
I can't believe no one has posted about Helly Hansen.
FANTASTIC stuff! I got one as it is warm and comfortable but wicks (sp?) moisture away.

I have two and it has lasted me three years.
Plus OP, if you are looking for tight fit; there is a version that is.

well, Helly Hansen is about as expensive or around the same price

rexsomnii 12-24-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7239295)
Find a friend that works for some kind of sports store and get Under Armour at 50%.

Get one of the UA balaclavas too. I love mine for cold weather sports.

Where do you get those ? UA balaclavas ?

hal0g0dv2 12-24-2010 07:18 PM

mec plus 10 they got great stuff and good prices