REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Boss is having a Christmas/farewell party (https://www.revscene.net/forums/631323-boss-having-christmas-farewell-party.html)

Gumby 11-26-2010 03:42 PM

Boss is having a Christmas/farewell party

My boss is leaving her position after many years (I've been here 7). The company is holding a reception at work, and I will be attending that. I expect most/all of my current co-workers to be there.

Meanwhile, my boss has also invited me & a partner to a private gathering hosted at her friend's house. I have no idea who's invited. Is there a good way of asking the people around me if they were invited? Keep in mind, my boss is old enough to be my mom, and her colleagues are around the same age (they're all academics, she's a Professor, btw). Compared to them, I'm a peon!

Great68 11-26-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7204738)
My boss is leaving her position after many years (I've been here 7). The company is holding a reception at work, and I will be attending that. I expect most/all of my current co-workers to be there.

Meanwhile, my boss has also invited me & a partner to a private gathering hosted at her friend's house. I have no idea who's invited. Is there a good way of asking the people around me if they were invited? Keep in mind, my boss is old enough to be my mom, and her colleagues are around the same age (they're all academics, she's a Professor, btw). Compared to them, I'm a peon!

Ask your boss who else she invited.

!Nhan 11-26-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 7204741)

/thread

Unless there's a reason why you won't ask your boss directly

trip 11-26-2010 06:09 PM

the cougars are going to drug you and have an orgy

enjoy

murd0c 11-26-2010 06:15 PM

I would say ask one of your co-workers you are close with. If they don't know ask your boss. If you don't feel comfortable about it decline the invitation. Remember she's no longer your boss so there is nothing to be worried about. I would also ask for a letter of reference. I'm sure you would have a good one.

Lolkai 11-27-2010 12:37 AM

Just ask your boss and tell her you want to know who's going cuz you scared/excited its gunna be a farewell orgy. :troll:

Jokes.
I would say just go to the private gathering since you will be attending with a partner. If you start to feel a little out of place just say you have to leave early and wish her best of luck in the future.

miss_crayon 11-27-2010 11:22 AM

Go with the wife! I say you should go to the private gathering...maybe this is your boss's way of saying you're her favorite! LOL.
Posted via RS Mobile

FerrariEnzo 11-27-2010 12:37 PM

just make sure no one else at your work knows.. never know if someones going to be jealous

ScizzMoney 11-27-2010 01:18 PM

I would go to this gathering and not tell co-workers about it, who knows, you could meet people that can help further your career. Network yourself there.

Mr.HappySilp 11-27-2010 01:19 PM

Just go with your wife. If you don't feel confortable you can always say your wife doesn't feel well and you need to take her home.

Gumby 11-29-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 7204741)

Sometimes the best answer is the most obvious one. :blush:

Thanks for the replies guys, especially the reference letter tip. At this point, I'm leaning on going - I'm not gonna stay that long anyway.

To protect myself from the cougars, I'll bring my wife for sure! :p

DanHibiki 12-02-2010 04:38 AM

Shit I thought you meant Boss night club when I read the title lol.
Posted via RS Mobile