REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Metro Vancouver extends AirCare until 2020

http://www.theprovince.com/story_pri...91244&sponsor=

Metro Vancouver extends AirCare until 2020
By Staff Reporter, The Province
November 26, 2010

Metro Vancouver has breathed life into AirCare for another nine years.

Its board of directors voted Friday to endorse a review committee’s recommendation and continue the program for cars and other light-duty vehicles until 2020, according to a Metro Vancouver news release.

Linda Hepner of the board’s environment and energy committee said in the release an expert review showed the $47 million annual price tag of AirCare is still a cost-effective way to reduce harmful air pollutants in the Lower Fraser Valley airshed.

The board also called on the provincial government to enhance AirCare to focus more on emissions from heavy duty vehicles such as semi-trailers.

A consultant has calculated the economic health-care benefits of AirCare — fewer deaths, reduced hospital visits and admissions and fewer sick days — amount to some $77 million annually, Metro Vancouver said.

Under current rules, light-duty cars and trucks that are eight years or older must be tested. Models 1992 and newer need be tested only every two years, at $45 a time, while older vehicles must be tested annually, at $23 a time.

Nearly half of all vehicles in Metro Vancouver are exempt from testing, but between 2007 and 2008, some 115,000 failed.

The program is staffed by 114 members of the B.C. Government Employees Union and the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union and is administered by TransLink. It is funded through test fees and is required to collect no more revenue than is enough to pay for its operation.
© Copyright (c) The Province
Advertisement
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Banned (BBM)

Extended till their employees start dyeing off? The only reason aircare is staying is to keep 200ish jobs employed.
kokanee_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
hahahahahahhahahahahhaha

Quote:
A consultant has calculated the economic health-care benefits of AirCare — fewer deaths, reduced hospital visits and admissions and fewer sick days — amount to some $77 million annually, Metro Vancouver said.

Under current rules, light-duty cars and trucks that are eight years or older must be tested. Models 1992 and newer need be tested only every two years, at $45 a time, while older vehicles must be tested annually, at $23 a time.
since when did we have the population density to have people get sick from emission from cars? LOL ROFL where are those short hands for more ways of laughing when one needs it....

What a joke...Well as long as they don't go "enhance" the test and keep it status quo it doesn't really concern me though.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
hahahahahahhahahahahhaha

since when did we have the population density to have people get sick from emission from cars? LOL ROFL where are those short hands for more ways of laughing when one needs it....

What a joke...Well as long as they don't go "enhance" the test and keep it status quo it doesn't really concern me though.
i'm still confused when my 2004 car should go for aircare... everyone says 2011 lol
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Yup, a 2004 model year car needs Aircare in 2011. My 2003 needed it this year (2010).

I'd like to see a mini-safety inspection as part of the Aircare process... check brake lights, reverse lights, etc. Auto-fail for anyone with HIDs in a stock reflector housing..

But it'll never happen..
Old 11-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
^I'd be in huge support of that, especially if you include annual commercial vehicle inspections. Most commercial trucks being driven aren't road worthy, but the owners don't care, the scales only open 7 hours a day so its easy to avoid.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Nuuuuuuuuuuu 240 gonna have problems passing aircare soon </3 D: fml fml fml fml
gloors is offline   Reply With Quote