REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   The RS " DJ " Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/631739-rs-dj-thread.html)

-EuroRSN- 12-01-2010 07:00 PM

The RS " DJ " Thread

Surprised a thread like this doesn't exist yet. Anyway If your a DJ or want to learn more about it then post your questions and answers here.

Also introduce your self and elaborate on your choice of music that you spin and how long you've been doing it for.

I personally started out with Virtual DJ to get my hands wet and eventually bought a Midi Controller. Now a days i invested in a pro system and seriously loving every minute of it. Its not like car which at some point you may regret building hehe :(

A few websites to get you familiar with the industry :thumbsup:

www.djforums.com
www.prodjforums.com Hopefully mods dont see this as SPAM ( its not lol )
www.djtechtools.com

Plus post some crazy mixes that you have done and possibly pictures of your setup... which i wanna see! :drool:drool:drool

Here is mine - 2x Pioneer CDJ-800 + Behringer DDM4000 Mixer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...DJ101013-1.jpg

Plus a few recent mixes, hope you guys enjoy and lets keep this thread alive with these!!! :)

http://soundcloud.com/eurorsn/djf-tr...ssion-12-01-10

BlackV62K2 12-01-2010 07:22 PM

Damn that's a money setup. What type of music do you spin?

-EuroRSN- 12-01-2010 07:33 PM

Everything other then HipHop + Rap + Rock lol

Mostly Trance and House + Hardstyle when absolutely hammed haha

The_AK 12-01-2010 08:15 PM

Hardstyle?? shiiiett... haha,
do you play anywhere?

Alpine50 12-01-2010 09:15 PM

i wanted to get into dj'ing before, was thinking about taking that class that long and mcquade offers. but then was thinking about maybe picking up my own thing and kinda teaching myself.

would you say taking the course would be worth it? or would you just go pick up the basic equipment on your own and mess around? was thinking about picking up the VCI-100 to start off with

-EuroRSN- 12-01-2010 11:09 PM

Hey, I think a course is completely unnecessary as the best teacher is a mouse click away. You wont believe have many videos there are on Youtube ranging from tenminmix's to full tutorials, guess what Im trying to say is you can easily teach your self. The more you practice the better you understand the concept.

As for midi controllers thats exactly what i bought, a VCI-100 but it's a little pricey and you need a external sound card. Depends on your budget you can buy a cheaper controller with a built in sound card such as the Numark - Total Control for under $300 but it could eventually lead to loose knobs and such.

All controllers are pretty much the same the main factor is " Build Quality" so anything metal or with sturdy buttons that dont get loose is best. Remember its like your computer keyboard and it controls functions within the DJ software so they all do the same thing. One controller may have more buttons for u to assign but thats about as fancy as u get. Check out TomLeeMusic for controllers!

-EuroRSN- 12-02-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 7211257)
Hardstyle?? shiiiett... haha,
do you play anywhere?

Hardstyle is Guud when your in the mood :D but no i dun play anyway just a few house parties thats it.

R&R 12-02-2010 12:46 AM

how much did you spend on that setup?

Fobman 12-02-2010 02:11 AM

u can be the next pauly d

-EuroRSN- 12-02-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&R (Post 7211646)
how much did you spend on that setup?

Too much but its not that bad, im financing:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobman (Post 7211689)
u can be the next pauly d

more like TIESTOOOOOO MANG! hahaha

-EuroRSN- 12-02-2010 02:25 PM

Ima keep this thread alive common guys no dj's here??? FAIL lol

-EuroRSN- 12-02-2010 02:27 PM

Plus here are some Awesome Instructional Videos that really help you grasp the idea.

Episode1

Alpine50 12-02-2010 05:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^ thanks
what would you pick up besides the vci-100 thats a bit cheaper i guess. i've looked on the website but i ened up narrowing it down to that. if theres something cheaper that would be decent for a beginner i'd rather pick that up

KingDeeCee 12-02-2010 06:28 PM

You got any videos of you mixing? You should make one or record one.

Cnguyen 12-02-2010 07:42 PM

Hey man, how would you rate the DDM4000?

dicecube 12-02-2010 08:42 PM

ugh why is hardstyle part of this thread? its not even music
trance or gtfo!

-EuroRSN- 12-02-2010 11:05 PM

^ Lol hardstyle is good for the gym and when your completely fucked up but ur right Trance owns all.

As for the DDM4000, its not bad i had it for 3 months without any issues. The music quality is great and so are the effects and sampler. Only bad thing is maybe its a cheaper build but there is warranty to cover that if anything goes wrong. Behringer has a really bad reputation for shitty DJ mixers but so far this one is great. Time will tell but as far as it stands now i would totally recommend it.

CamryV8 Type R 12-02-2010 11:31 PM

Bawllerrrrr

Ronin 12-03-2010 01:18 AM

This looks like fun.

I looked it up and the equipment that chick uses is, at a minimum, $2000 before you get into any extras. Is there any way to do this with less money to begin with or better yet...is there some sort of virtual setup I can do on a laptop and what would you guys who are obviously more versed in this sort of thing recommend?

Farfetched 12-03-2010 01:40 AM

Behringer has a pretty shitty reputation in general.

justYU 12-03-2010 10:18 AM

what do you guys think of the Hercules RMX midi controller? it'll run you $400 before tax and it looks like it has a pretty solid built compared to the other plastic midi controllers.
Hercules also came out with a new midi controller but i'm not sure how much it cost.

!oHenry 12-03-2010 01:28 PM

I've been trying to get into mixing for a while, but I dont have the money for equipment. VDJ's ok, but ever since I played around my neighbors set, its not the same.

-EuroRSN- 12-03-2010 02:02 PM

^ my friend just bought a Hercules Control Steel with a Numark DJ/IO external sound card which is honestly fucking awesome! Cost under $500 taxes in for everything.

Hercules RMX is even better so id totally get it if its within ur budget.

Check out www.virtualdj.com if you guys wanna mess around with DJ software. Download the demo which gives u 30 days but the program it self is full with all features. or download it via torrent hehe

oHenry, all this shit is actually quite affordable if you finance. $100 payments a month is quite reasonable plus Long and Mcquade hooks you up if you buy more shit lol.

bcrdukes 12-04-2010 03:29 PM

Buy used. People sell their old gear on Craigslist all the time.

Alpine50 12-05-2010 02:07 AM

I looked up the dj equipment online, but couldn't find what I wanted. A lot of people use virtual dj its pretty fun

@euro what do u use for a program?
Posted via RS Mobile