REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #76
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
No offense but, clearly, you aren't too bright person. there are times you need to be humble and there are times you need to prove a point. My intention in last post was to help the kid by trying to have him see the situation in different angle. If you couldn't see my intention and you thought I was only trying to brag, I just feel sad for you.

RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #77

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Move out, then you never have to see them again. Cut all ties.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #78
Banned (ABWS)

Not going to say anything new here but this is exactly why I don't want kids.

I'm not saying the OP is a bad person or anything but the reality is, parents give up a lot to have kids. What makes matters worse is when kids don't leave the house until 30 years old.

Parents are people too. Maybe they want to have sex. I know that might shock you but that's reality. Maybe they're not comfortable because you're up at 1am and you have friends over.

Maybe your dad is pissed because the money that he used to raise you could have been used to buy a new Ferarri or better yet, early retirement.

You're 23. You should be finsihed University and in a career by now. If you're not, then you should be in grad school or making a lot of money.
jameswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:39 AM   #79
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswift View Post

I'm not saying the OP is a bad person or anything but the reality is, parents give up a lot to have kids. What makes matters worse is when kids don't leave the house until 30 years old.

Parents are people too. Maybe they want to have sex. I know that might shock you but that's reality. Maybe they're not comfortable because you're up at 1am and you have friends over.

Maybe your dad is pissed because the money that he used to raise you could have been used to buy a new Ferarri or better yet, early retirement.

You're 23. You should be finsihed University and in a career by now. If you're not, then you should be in grad school or making a lot of money.
I can't imagine that a materialistic person would make a good parent, so good on you in recognizing that.
A.Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #80
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswift View Post

This is why we needed the fail button.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #81
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^ i didn't even get to have the fail button yet, and they took it away....fuck!
A.Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #82
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

well the problem is not your relationship with your parents, obviously your parents would be mad if its 1:34 in the morning and your friends are over making a lot of noise when shes trying to sleep !

Your also 23 , its the time when you get a new house, get a girlfriend, and start a family of your own ! She shouldn't be feeding you still, you should be taking care of her soon !
guesskid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #83
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guesskid View Post
Your also 23 , its the time when you get a new house, get a girlfriend, and start a family of your own ! She shouldn't be feeding you still, you should be taking care of her soon !
Yeah in a perfect world
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #84
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guesskid View Post
well the problem is not your relationship with your parents, obviously your parents would be mad if its 1:34 in the morning and your friends are over making a lot of noise when shes trying to sleep !

Easier said than done pal.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #85

Just push their limits half an hour by half an hour. Its takes time but you'll eventually get to like 1am without them bitching at you. At first when i was young i never thought i would ever be able to stay out until 12am without them bitching at me. The only way was to sleep at someones house but I love my own bed lol. Eventually as each year passed my curfew would be increased from hour to hour and now I can pretty much come home whenever i want. But usually if im not home by 3 im not coming home lol
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #86
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Everyone's family/personal situations are different..
If you're up making noise all night.. then wouldn't you be pissed off if you were them?
But if you're just going out late.. then that can lead back to many factors as to why they're acting like that. Your past, your present, your future..
Not saying this applies to you, but I mean if I've caught my kid skipping school, flunking classes, etc. I sure as hell wouldn't let them out late. But if he had his shit together, then really what's the big deal.
One thing my dad said to me once after a fight, which makes sense; Is that we will never, ever, know how they feel until we have kids of our own. So now everytime we get into an argument, I just keep in mind they just want what's best for me.

You have a roof over your head, good meals to eat. That's the most important thing here. Some people don't even have that, and would choose your situation over theirs anyday. Understand that them paying for your school is already a huge step up from what a lot of people have. A friend of mine can't even go to school because he needs to work to help put food on the table for his family. Forget even having a 50 dollar cell phone plan or a car, or pub/club/bar nights.

I understand we all grew up in a very social lifestyle. You just need to prioritize, and yes, come to a reasonable compromise. Think about it as asking for a raise. If you're making $15/hour, you're not gonna ask for $30/hour.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 01-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #87
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40ft e-Peen View Post
MrGoodBar. Thank you for your input. I appreciate what my parents do for me. I don't ever take it for granted. I know how lucky I am to be provided with food and shelter. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was a punk ass kid. But w/e. I want to make sure you know that I don't think I should be able to do those things just because my friends do. But, aren't we allowed to have fun once in a while without getting shit kicked and yelled at?
Wow, haven't visited this thread in ages. I'm glad you aren't some punk bitch, from the bottom of my heart. But you see, to your parents, they own you. I have a few friends who are on their way to become doctors and their parents are still yelling at them for not going home for dinner. My point was that parents will always be parents and will always feel entitled to your life. Until you separate from them and it is clear that you are completely self sufficient, they will never stop pestering you to clean the dishes, go to bed or tell your friends to get out of the house at late hours.

Trust me, I feel you dude, I do. My mom raged out at me because my room is a mess because I have book all over trying to complete my assignments and lab reports for school. My door was already closed, she stormed in and gave me shit for doing homework and not cleaning my room. I swear I would have a 4.0 gpa if I didn't have to deal with half the shit that my mom put me through. It's a pain in the ass but the alternative would have been to huddle beside a candle under a cardboard box. I had to move out during my last year at university because I couldn't stand the shit anymore. I'm not saying you should do what I did but I'll tell you that moving out while going to school and work to fund school isn't easy on your own.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #88
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I would be mean and say move out, but it's Vancouver and it's next to impossible while still in school. Renting is an option, but once you start renting, good luck saving up for a downpayment even if you're working full-time. My advice, don't invite friends over past 12! Sleep, study, or do something constructive other games past 12. On the upside of things, it's probably not all your fault and your parents do sound very traditional and strict. Just have to deal with them until you can leave!
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote