REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulclamwacker View Post
OH MY GOODNESS. I know which building you are in. I moved out in July. I said to myself if I bought a unit there, I'd be so pissed. It was loud and full of mainland students having late night parties. I probably called the cops around 6 times total in the year I was living there. (sorry if it was you, i have a kid)

Anyhow the patrol "police" are volunteers from the building, and have shifts to check out the parking once a while. I know that because my friend who also lived in the building got towed 2 times - it was actually his fault for parking in the guest area, but he confronted the old guy. I know what unit he lives on. =) He actually wrote a bunch of nasty notes to me about my stroller being in front of my door (folded up). Anyhow he had nothing to do so he was STRICT and called the towing company quite frequent.

Its most funny that there are so many cars down in the parking lot with no insurance. Did that NSX on P2 ever get insurance? Tell your friends to park at Lansdowne mall. And your visiting relatives to park at #9 restaurant so its not standing out like a sore thumb. I really feel for you.

yup! u are talking about the same building. the nsx in P2 has been moved already. i dont know if it got towed but he was parking in different spots before but strata caught up to him. As for the noise, i honestly dont know cuz i have no neighbours at all. my left side unit has no current owner and the right side has a student that went back to hongkong. Sorry to hear that you had noisy party kids. there are a lot in the other tower from what i heard.
There are still some cars without insurance but strata is tracking them all down and have handed warning notices already.
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Like others have said, bring the issue up with the council. Get a petition together with peoples names and their unit numbers and present it at one of the meetings. That's what those meetings are for, to bring up any issues that the owners have.

I tend to only to go the AGM's and only if there is an issue on the meeting minutes that I feel i should attend
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
yup! u are talking about the same building. the nsx in P2 has been moved already. i dont know if it got towed but he was parking in different spots before but strata caught up to him. As for the noise, i honestly dont know cuz i have no neighbours at all. my left side unit has no current owner and the right side has a student that went back to hongkong. Sorry to hear that you had noisy party kids. there are a lot in the other tower from what i heard.
There are still some cars without insurance but strata is tracking them all down and have handed warning notices already.
That's too funny. I never browse this forum and I barely even post. When we were there in the beginning, there was no strata rules, so the parking was a free for all. It was nuts. Even our assigned parking was taken all of the time. I guess eventually owners got pissed and then a notice went out.

That place is great if you're single, but we had a 1 year old, and the Christmas and New Years and UFC fight nites were just brutal. Just too many in and outs.

My friend who lived on the lower levels said he had some hooker living next door with frequent visitors. He has 2 kids so he was EXTREMELY unhappy with people making noise in the afternoons.

I do however miss some things about Richmond, but honestly if you are an owner. Join the meetings or even the council. The meetings are damn long, but at least you'll have some control. And put a damn camera in the garbage area. Those mainlanders are dropping gabgage everywhere even when the damn bins are half empty!!!!!!!

At least the new building manager is REALLY nice tho.

Good luck.
abdulclamwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I had a friend that was on the first strata council in his building. It's a lot more time consuming then one would think and depending on who else is on the council with you, it could be a major headache.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
It would be time-consuming and involved for a building's "first" strata council - lots of initial rules and bylaws to come up with and implement, duties to define, etc.

In the end though, it comes down to whether you want to have a say in what happens with a building that you own a piece of. If they decide that everyone's door should be painted purple, and you haven't at least made your voice heard, then you have nothing to complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #31
HELP ME PLS!!!

for #2 storage insurance should suffice, and is only like $100 / year. anyone who parks an uninsured car anywhere is dumb not to have it.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote