REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #2476
I subscribe to Revscene

I'll disagree with you there, this episode had a bunch of very subtle nuances that were pretty cool imo.

Brienne talking to Jamie for example, they both actually like each other but are bound by their oaths/family to be at odds, making for some awkward as fuck conversation albeit pleasant.

the "i choose violence" scene spoke volumes about Cersei's character and her weakness - she's always eager to flex her power without considering consequences (here, getting Trial by Combat banned).

the jokes in the pyramid scene was great too. probably put in place because the show writers knew Mereen was getting boring as shit, so why not poke fun at themselves before the hammy action takes place.

best line of the episode: "I'd prefer chicken"
Advertisement
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #2477
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Forgot to post about that:I was calling for more characterization of Greyworm and Mesandre, and they gave it to us with that jokes conversation with Tyrion. Great scene, well done.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #2478
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Forgot to post about that:I was calling for more characterization of Greyworm and Mesandre, and they gave it to us with that jokes conversation with Tyrion. Great scene, well done.
While a fair point, this was done at the expense of character development to core characters (Arya, Jaime's frustrating reversion from S3, Sansa, Jon, Dany, blah blah blah).

It's nice to fluff up the side stuff, but when the core part of the show is suffering that's no good. And to think this was all on the heels of probably one of the better episodes in the series in "The Door".

Don't get me wrong I still love the show and am still amped every Sunday. But more often than not lately the writing (showrunners have last say on the writing I'm sure) is slipping into "let's just shock people" territory. Lots of "huh?" moments.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
While a fair point, this was done at the expense of character development to core characters (Arya, Jaime's frustrating reversion from S3, Sansa, Jon, Dany, blah blah blah).

It's nice to fluff up the side stuff, but when the core part of the show is suffering that's no good. And to think this was all on the heels of probably one of the better episodes in the series in "The Door".

Don't get me wrong I still love the show and am still amped every Sunday. But more often than not lately the writing (showrunners have last say on the writing I'm sure) is slipping into "let's just shock people" territory. Lots of "huh?" moments.
You bring up some good points but I feel like there's been a lot of screen time wasted by those main characters. It's the writer's fault that they weren't able to convey what they wanted for those characters in the time given. This is especially true with Arya and Dany.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #2480

^ I think we're on the same side but it doesn't look like it hahaha

TL;DR: Writing lately has been butt.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #2481
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
That scene about telling jokes...

Old 06-15-2016, 12:05 AM   #2482
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Joke scene was nothing but an absolute waste of time. Don't know how anyone can say otherwise
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:02 AM   #2483
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
And to think this was all on the heels of probably one of the better episodes in the series in "The Door".

I think the "just shock people" territory was last season. That season was probably the worst of the show.
At least this season, they seem to be attempting some course correction.

There was a lot more content they could have done if they stretched out season 5 and beyond by doing 2 seasons / book.
But they have written themselves into corner.
And I think something is going on behind the scenes in production, that's why they are only doing 2/3 of a season for the next two to wrap up the show.
I'm betting a major actor refused to renew the contract, or HBO just doesn't want to draw out the series anymore.

Even if the writing picks back up a bit, I think it's going to feel rushed.

After all, what did we get, 3 minutes of Euron screentime total thus far?
And another 3 for the head red priestess?
It's far too rushed to have nuance anymore.

They have to wrap up King's Landing and the war for the dawn.
I suspect they just straight up dropped Dorne after the terrible fan reception. Would not be surprised if Dorne never comes back in the show.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #2484

^Agreed.

But if they're really against the clock like all indications point to, then they shouldn't be wasting time on stupid things (Dorne is all but "wrapped up" lol, the joke scene, Bronn sexually assaulting Pod, etc etc).

Honestly I'm ok with them wrapping things up in 13 more episodes. I just hope that they do it right.

It would open the door for some spinoffs at least (hello Robert's Rebellion miniseries!)
Old 06-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #2485

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
At this point I'm almost ready to just watch recaps of each episode and then deciding if I want to watch the episode. The horrible 'Friday the 13th' style chase scene is almost the nail in the coffin for me in the series. I keep enjoying each episode less and less.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #2486
i like gifs

Quote:
Nah that's iron-clad. Made of bronze.

TOJ scene will be in Ep 10. I'm guessing there's your end scene, or maybe the Freys/Lannisters getting slaughtered in Riverrun but someone/some outlaw group/some army RW-style.

I'm more worried about who's going to kick the bucket next episode. You can bet one of (likely more) Tormund, Davos, Wun Wun (nooooooooooo), Mel, Ghost or Rickon are toast. I wouldn't think Sansa being too safe but as long as LF is around he'll probably keep her safe for grooming.

After watching it again, this last episode was so much more bad than good. Such a disappointment compared to Hardhome last season. Other than what's already been discussed with Arya, Dany's scene as well as most others were a joke. The only good scenes were Jaime's.
Most of Jaime's scenes this season have been pretty spot on. You get to understand the person behind the name and why he does what he does. He was nothing but a straight asshole in Season 1, but it's almost as if he's had a Ned-like turn in personality.

I'm pretty sure Tormund, Wun Wun, Mel, and Rickon are dead by the end of next episode. Tormund and Wun Wun die during the battle. Mel gets killed by Davos after finding out what happened to Shireen. I also think with all the introductions of these new red priestesses that Mel's role is kind of redundant after already having brought Jon back. Rickon is the flayed body on the X before the battle and that's why Jon has this distraught look on his face in the trailers.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #2487
das not it mane

Brah if that flayed body is Rickon... dat giant better go ham on those fuckers. Also where the fuck did ghost go, he wasn't even there when Jon was reborn
Old 06-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #2488
i like gifs

Wun Wun supposedly breaks down the gate into Winterfell, so I would've be surprised if that's where he dies. Maybe we'll luck out and some random soldier #4 will mention Wun Wun dying in the background /s
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #2489

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Also where the fuck did ghost go, he wasn't even there when Jon was reborn
He was at Jon's "feet" aka under the table. How did you miss him? He looked over just before Jon opened his eyes lol
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #2490
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Cersie gonna blow up the Red Keep? Jamie gonna have to kill her to stop her, fulfilling the old witches prophecy?

Berz out.

Last edited by Berzerker; 06-15-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #2491
I subscribe to Revscene

wat? old witch? shit. refresh us pls
Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #2492
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
That Danerys entrance was and the jokes scene -_- ugh
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #2493
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
wat? old witch? shit. refresh us pls
Cersei's queenship

A younger, more beautiful queen will be Cersei's undoing.

“ Cersei: When will I wed the prince? (Cersei was thinking of Rhaegar as the Prince but instead she married Robert as King)
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.[3] ”

Cersei's children

Cersei will outlast her children and die by the hands of "the valonqar".

“ Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Seems to make sense. "Valonqar" is Valyrian for "little brother", Cersei always assumed it was going to be Tyrion hence the hatred but it could be Jamie as technically she was born first and Jamie is the "little" Brother.

Berz out.

Last edited by Berzerker; 06-15-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #2494
das not it mane

Quote:
He was at Jon's "feet" aka under the table. How did you miss him? He looked over just before Jon opened his eyes lol
Damn I guess I was hoping for a more epic reunion
Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #2495

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Damn I guess I was hoping for a more epic reunion
more epic? he came back from the dead lol
Old 06-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #2496
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
At one point I couldn't tell if the chase scene was still game of thrones or a bad terminator flick.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2016, 06:56 AM   #2497
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

lol reminded me of assassins creed mission where you have to chase a guy, and esp when she was running on the wall and jumped on top of Arya.
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:01 AM   #2498
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
“ Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Seems to make sense. "Valonqar" is Valyrian for "little brother", Cersei always assumed it was going to be Tyrion hence the hatred but it could be Jamie as technically she was born first and Jamie is the "little" Brother.

Berz out.
Jamie killing her to once again prevent King's Landing from being burnt by wildfire is quite the logical explanation right now.

However, while that is the most likely exploration we'd see from lazy show writing, this is something GRRM already planted in place.
We know Valonqar = little brother,
Tyrion being Cersei's logical assumption,
Prophecy is always twisted. Thus the reader assumes it could very well be Jaime.
But GRRM could have twisted it more than that, the prophecy never says the little brother of WHOM.
How many more little brothers do we know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_N84 View Post
more epic? he came back from the dead lol
Yeah, and they've done nothing with it except a passing comment about how some Wildlings worship him.

The man just got freaking resurrected. From the DEAD.
He should be treated like a messiah figure, yet, it's like they've practically swept the whole ordeal aside now.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #2499
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i hope cersei doesn't die...wouldn't mind another walk of shame

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #2500
I subscribe to Revscene

could be the hound, younger brah of her prized mountain.