REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #2651
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i have a question that is nagging me again: way back when on the Wall, when Aemon Targaryen was still alive and revealed to Jon Snow who he really was... did Aemon know Jon's real parentage?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #2652
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
^ no why would he know? He was at the wall for the longest time. He shouldn't know about jons background
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #2653
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Was I the only one that thought....

Spoiler!
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #2654
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post

Spoiler!
I think Arya has officially taken that role now.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #2655
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Arya = Assassin's Creed
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #2656
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post

Spoiler!
That makes absolutely zero sense.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #2657
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
You would have to think Tyrion is going to have to renounce his name or whatever. Don't think he has any lands or titles anyways?
Old 06-28-2016, 11:48 AM   #2658
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Almost seemed like they tried to cram to much into one episode. So much shit happened. They didn't really show the passage of time to well other than a character being here, then there. Aka Varys at Dorne then at Mereen. Jaime showing up at Kings Landing, Arya appearing out of nowhere when last we saw her leaving the faceless men.

Cersie fucked shit up big time and now rules. Something she has always wanted. I think Jaime is gonna have to choke a bitch.

Berz out.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #2659
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Best episode all season.
I felt it was much stronger than episode 9.
also.
What makes Lancel go down like a bitch with a single stab by a child,
while Arya can handle multiple multiple stab wounds by a trained assassin and still outrun a T-1000?
Stab placement. Remember Reservior Dogs? A gut shot hurts like a bitch but your not gonna die from it. You can survive days with a gut shot. However one in the kidney and your gonna die real quick.

Berz out.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #2660
i like gifs

Stab placement makes sense if he was stabbed somewhere close to the spine, which could sever nerves to his lower limbs (explains why he had to crawl the whole time) but it looked like the kid just stabbed him in the ribs.

I always find it funny that people complain about characters "transporting" to different parts of the world in GoT. Prime example would be Redditors always complaining about Littlefinger's "transportation device", but come the fuck on people. It's obviously implied that time has passed and that's why characters appear in new locations. People already complain enough about episodes without much action as simply filler episodes. Do you honestly want to sit through episodes of Littlefinger riding his horse from King's Landing all the way to The Eyrie?

Varys showed up in Dorne and then was seen again on Dany's ship because he sailed back with the Martell and Tyrell fleet after being able to establish an alliance between the 3 houses.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #2661
I subscribe to Revscene

It looked like lancel was trying to blow the candles out lol
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #2662

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Stab placement makes sense if he was stabbed somewhere close to the spine, which could sever nerves to his lower limbs (explains why he had to crawl the whole time) but it looked like the kid just stabbed him in the ribs.

I always find it funny that people complain about characters "transporting" to different parts of the world in GoT. Prime example would be Redditors always complaining about Littlefinger's "transportation device", but come the fuck on people. It's obviously implied that time has passed and that's why characters appear in new locations. People already complain enough about episodes without much action as simply filler episodes. Do you honestly want to sit through episodes of Littlefinger riding his horse from King's Landing all the way to The Eyrie?

Varys showed up in Dorne and then was seen again on Dany's ship because he sailed back with the Martell and Tyrell fleet after being able to establish an alliance between the 3 houses.
Yep. I think Skinny might've touched on this up above, but you clearly see (and hear) the white ravens leaving the Citadel when Sam arrives at Oldtown. By the logic of said complainers, the ravens would then be super buff to make it to Winterfell in the same episode.

It was pretty clear that with Varys on the boat AND with Dornish and Tyrell ships in the armada in the final shot, Varys came back with the support he sought out in episode 8.

tl;dr: Stop fretting about time in the show. Storylines are asynchronous by varying degrees. (I think it's even disclaimed in the book? Can a book reader verify?)

I'm sure viewers would just love to see "realistic" timeframes seeing people traveling in Westeros /s
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #2663
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Something she has always wanted. I think Jaime is gonna have to choke a bitch.
that'll be their next sex scene

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #2664
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Almost seemed like they tried to cram to much into one episode. So much shit happened. They didn't really show the passage of time to well other than a character being here, then there. Aka Varys at Dorne then at Mereen. Jaime showing up at Kings Landing, Arya appearing out of nowhere when last we saw her leaving the faceless men.

Cersie fucked shit up big time and now rules. Something she has always wanted. I think Jaime is gonna have to choke a bitch.

Berz out.
tho i love the last episode...i was really hoping to see what Margery's plan was, and what was the high sparrow true intention...(always felt like he is grabbing power under the pretense of faith)

the story just blew everyone up and now we will never know...

Also hate how they made episode 1-8 a snooze fest this season....then make the last 2 episodes super awesome and exciting, and you craving for more.... but now you gotta wait a year for the next season..
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #2665
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foralark View Post
I know thats probably a rhetorical question, but here you go anyway:
This eye-opening detail from last night?s ?Game of Thrones? will forever change the opening credits
[/IMG]
Feels like they are making a huge deal out of nothing like using the magnify glass to spy on the seven kingdoms...wtf.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #2666

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Also hate how they made episode 1-8 a snooze fest this season....then make the last 2 episodes super awesome and exciting, and you craving for more.... but now you gotta wait a year for the next season..
Hodor would like to have a word with you.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 09:08 PM   #2667
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I'm wondering how Cersei is next in line for the Iron Throne. After Tommen, who is actually supposed to be the next king?

Like they has an entire war about who the rightful king is. It certainly can't just be let's give it to the baddest bitch that killed everyone.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #2668
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm wondering how Cersei is next in line for the Iron Throne. After Tommen, who is actually supposed to be the next king?

Like they has an entire war about who the rightful king is. It certainly can't just be let's give it to the baddest bitch that killed everyone.
Who else would be on the throne if not Cersei? Her son was the king and she's the last immediate family.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #2669
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Robert Baratheons son, brothers, brothers sons, wife, daughters.

Basically the last of the family. Kinda like robin and his mom.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #2670
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Could Gendry be able to show up in season 7 and try to claim the throne? I know that's a fan favourite theory atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #2671
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
He's still rowing somewhere.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #2672
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
My guess is that Melisandre is looking for him
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #2673

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
just to kind of rewind, am I the only one that didn't like Battle of the Bastards ep? it was so predictable and corny (Ramsay's death by his own hounds) then Dany beating everyone with her dragons (what else is new).... quite disappointing and not the usual GoT plot twist, everything was too easy

season finale was awesome though, the scene where Margarey (even though she's arguably my favourite character) realizes she's been outwitted is one of my favourite scenes this season, very "checkmate" feel
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:42 AM   #2674
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Watching the finale now. Fuck you religious junkies.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #2675
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Could Gendry be able to show up in season 7 and try to claim the throne? I know that's a fan favourite theory atm.
Throne belongs to Jon.