REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Game of Thrones **All Unaired Episode Spoilers Must Use Tags** (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632491-game-thrones-%2A%2Aall-unaired-episode-spoilers-must-use-tags%2A%2A.html)

Matlock 12-10-2010 11:58 PM

Game of Thrones **All Unaired Episode Spoilers Must Use Tags**

Is anyone else as excited for this HBO series for 2011 as I am? It's based on the popular novel series Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, an adult based fantasy with hundreds of characters.

In the books each chapter plays from a different point of view of different characters. I've read every book at least 4 times, only 4 of 7 ridiculously thick novels have been released so far. I would highly recommend the books to most people. :D What I love about the story is with the multiple perspectives put into play there isn't too much black/white or good/bad. Magic is minimal, which keeps the story somewhat realistic.

Official site (Canada) - http://www.hbocanada.com/gameofthrones/index.php

Anyways, here are some videos.

Clip Tease

Inside Game of Thrones

Matlock 01-23-2011 02:56 AM

New trailer!

Just FYI, series airs on April 17, 2011. Just a few months! Can't wait :D

FerrariEnzo 01-23-2011 03:10 AM

Boromir (Sean Bean) really likes medieval films

Seems interesting...

Lomac 03-07-2011 01:25 PM

I'm excited. I love the novels (so far, at least lol) and this looks to be quite promising. I'm glad that they're planning on keeping the series as faithful as possible to the books. Lots of intrigue and subplots happen throughout the series, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Curious if it's just gonna be the first book or if they plan on adapting all of them...

TheNewGirl 03-07-2011 02:03 PM

I"m a huge fan of the novels and so excited about the series. Also the next book will be out in June just as the series ends!

I'm very curious how they handle some of the plot elements given some of them are even a bit... squicky? harsh? for HBO. I hope they don't flinch away from taking the subject matter head on though.

Ch28 03-07-2011 02:15 PM

I'm also looking forward to Camelot on Starz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_(TV_series)

Matlock 03-15-2011 10:59 PM

New trailer!!!!

Soo cool

Also an introduction of House Stark (Main family in the story)

Matlock 04-05-2011 08:19 PM

First 15 minutes of the first episode special sneak peek!!

http://www.hbocanada.com/gameofthrones/sneakpeek.php

Awesomes :fullofwin:

murd0c 04-05-2011 08:24 PM

I saw the first preview yesterday and wow it looks awesome. I cant wait.

Trots 04-06-2011 01:17 AM

So stoked for this. I got The Game of Thrones book years ago but I haven't read it yet. Also like it was said above, Camelot is also on... I saw the first episode and it also looked good.

Matlock 04-06-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trots (Post 7377772)
So stoked for this. I got The Game of Thrones book years ago but I haven't read it yet. Also like it was said above, Camelot is also on... I saw the first episode and it also looked good.

You should really try to get into the book. It is amazing. Even if the show is a good watch, the book has so many intricate little things and side stories that I really doubt would fit into the show. :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 04-17-2011 02:42 PM

Series premieres tonight! :D

Matlock 04-17-2011 03:48 PM

Cannot wait.
Sadly, my computer is not working and I will have to wait until Monday or tuesday to watch it...
Enjoy
Posted via RS Mobile

white_guilt 04-17-2011 03:50 PM

dammit! I was hoping they'd get a hotter chick to play Danerys. I've only read the first book ages ago, but from what I've read, she sounded like some ultra hot blonde minx.

strykn 04-17-2011 10:33 PM

so awesome love medieval type shit like this

cliffhanger33 04-18-2011 01:25 AM

wow this looks pretty interesting ,

DragonChi 04-25-2011 06:47 PM

hm... second episode didn't seem to have much action in it.
Typical HBO style though, leave all the cliffhangers for the end. (I'm thinking of True Blood)

Armind 04-25-2011 06:55 PM

Another show im hooked to ahah

Renxo 04-25-2011 07:47 PM

Kind of dry so far, they call it an epic for a reason tho, will get awesome soon hopefully!

badgerx3 04-25-2011 08:26 PM

haha @ the beginning of ep 2

Lomac 04-25-2011 08:46 PM

They've cut out a fair bit of the story so far, though admittedly it'd be pretty hard to actually add a lot of it in.

Like the books, Tyrion and Jon Snow are my favorite characters. Those two were portrayed pretty well considering how I imagined them to be. Others, though... eh. Daenerys and Jamie/Cersai, among others, I imagined as looking completely different. I also imagined Kings Landing as a much more majestic place than what the interior shots are showing it as.

Ah well.

As for the lack of action in Ep2, it's still in the plot development stage. Judging from what they're taking and cutting from the book, I'd say Ep3 will have some action in it (the Hand's Tournament).

On the plus side, HBO has already renewed the show for a second season. From the names of each episode in Season 1, I'm guessing that the second season will follow the second half of the book.

Gt-R R34 04-25-2011 09:27 PM

can't wait to start watching this, i got all 4 books.

AWESOME plots, but there is no way you could fit evrything from the books in.

Ch28 04-25-2011 09:59 PM

That prince is a little cunt

Hondaracer 04-25-2011 10:14 PM

^ lol yea i hate that prince

liking the show so far though, has a Medevil Spartacus feel :D

Matlock 04-29-2011 04:10 PM

Holy shit, the next book A Dance With Dragons has just been finished. Too bad we still have to wait until July to get the book. Can't wait!

So far I'm enjoying the series, although it doesn't exactly feel as captivating as reading a book. One thing is true though, I hate Sansa in the show just as much as I did in the book. What a bitch.