REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
(good-bye Boundary Road on-ramp!) and put brand new ones in their place.
I hope they just knock that thing down and replace it with nothing. I can;t see HOW they can possibly make a long enough on-ramp for people to actually merge properly. Just re-route them to 1st Ave, (like they have been now for months) and call it quits please.
Advertisement
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #52
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
That on ramp, if done properly, can save a lot of time. Done properly....... have to emphasize that.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #53
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Saw this on the news last night at dinner.. Global BC was commenting on how there was a traffic pattern change causing mass chaos for the drive home.
I listen to a lot of NW and 1130 in the car, driving between sites during the day... traffic reports on both have been talking about the upcoming change for over a week now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #54
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I'll have to check again tomorrow, but they're up high above.

The problem is, the signs are placed a bit too close to the actual exit. By the time you see them, it's too late. Again, I'll check it tomorrow........ anyone head home that way? Let us know where the signs are.
There are signs. It's just that they're kind of last minute, especially for all us drivers that are used to exiting on the right. Accidents happening because of that aren't too surprising. They didn't have any advance warning of that change, nor any lit sign to make people pay attention.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #55
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
It is kinda fun seeing the changes with the portman every day/week/month. At least it keeps my boring drive a take everyday more exciting.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
There are signs. It's just that they're kind of last minute, especially for all us drivers that are used to exiting on the right. Accidents happening because of that aren't too surprising. They didn't have any advance warning of that change, nor any lit sign to make people pay attention.
You shouldn't need a lit sign for that - you're supposed to be paying attention to the road and signage at all times. The fact that it's been an ever-changing construction zone for the past three years just makes NOT paying attention that much more inexcusable.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #57
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
All they need is an image of a hot chick next to the sign and......... wait..... that might cause more accidents, LOL.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #58
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
You shouldn't need a lit sign for that - you're supposed to be paying attention to the road and signage at all times. The fact that it's been an ever-changing construction zone for the past three years just makes NOT paying attention that much more inexcusable.
While it's true that it shouldn't be needed, you've failed to remember the driving ability of the lower mainland. It doesn't take a lot for traffic to become a complete clusterfuck. LM drivers need a handhold through those dangerously soft curves that their SUVs can't seem to navigate through, without flying in to the ditch. Any change in traffic patterns require a constant assault on senses to get that message through to all those people that only see the car in front of them, while they hug their steering wheel.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
can one of you take some pics of the progress ?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #60

Check out the semi-live webcams: EarthCam Construction Camera - British Columbia Port Mann / Highway 1 Project

Lots of pics on the project site too:
Main Image Gallery
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #61
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I listen to a lot of NW and 1130 in the car, driving between sites during the day... traffic reports on both have been talking about the upcoming change for over a week now.
Did you hear the warning yesterday? A bunch of people actually pulled over to the right and started backing up to try to get to the off-ramp.

Like seriously?!?! You're going to back up on the freeway and try to cross 3-4 lanes of traffic to exit? WTF? the 160 exit is so close too!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #62
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I went for a little tour through Surrey yesterday. Wasn't paying attention, too much expectancy. haha
Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #63
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
There's a sign above the left lane, but near the end of the bridge. Really confusing for me today as well
Posted via RS Mobile
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #64
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but when I look over at the new bridge when crossing the Port Mann, it doesn't seem like its 10 lanes wide.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #65
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
^ me either, It doesn't look like it can fit 5 on each side in between the cables and te center pillar?

Also the fucking road crews who change the lanes at night do a fucking baddd job doing it sometimes especially late at night, there have been times when I'm driving back to surrey at 1am or later and there are sections closed off that give little or no warning then suddenly within 30 feet it just forces you into the other lane
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #66
MG1

I just wonder how much height adjustment they have in the two major sections that are part of the two huge pillars. When the east pillar section went up, the deck was very high. Now it is pretty level with the old bridge. The west pillar section, at the moment, looks pretty high. However, it is in line with the other pillars. I guess the bridge is going to follow a different contour than the current bridge. The bridge platform looks wide enough. When you look at a construction vehicle parked on the deck, it looks totally puny. 10 lanes easy, I say.

It'd be cool if someone on RS with an on board cam upload some footage of a drive by.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #67
HELP ME PLS!!!

i'm just glad i'm not a trucker anymore. i used to drive that route every day. twice a day. my stress level has gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down ever since i stopped driving 8 hrs a day in the lower mainland.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #68
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
i'm just glad i'm not a trucker anymore. i used to drive that route every day. twice a day. my stress level has gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down ever since i stopped driving 8 hrs a day in the lower mainland.
Same boat. I used to drive so much in my job visiting 3-6 job sites a day all over the lower mainland. Now I work in an office that's a 10 minute drive from my front door, rarely leave unless it's for the odd site meeting and my stress level has gone way down.

For those who commute daily or drive a lot for work this new bridge and wider hwy should relieve some stress for them.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #69
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Oh they do have signs? Co-workers told me that they had nothing indicating the change.
Yeah, I think they put up new signs after Monday's fiasco. I take the 152nd exit every morning going to work and I didn't see a single sign until I got off the Port Mann. Fortunately, my car pool passenger knew and told me to stay on the left lane. However for those that don't know, by the time you see the sign it is way too late.

Traffic was a clusterfuck yesterday morning after people realized the exit lane had switched sides. There is now a sign on the overpass shortly before you get on the Port Mann. It's not very obvious (I only saw it because I was actually looking for one today because I didn't see one yesterday)

I remember there being a similar issue when they moved the Cape Horn exit back a few hundred feet back in the summer?
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #70
I subscribe to Revscene

The fucking bridge is closed tonight east bound WTF! I spent 20-30 mins sitting in traffic on number 1.. there were no signs or anything in PoCo.. had to detour all around to lougheed highway then enter freeway from entrance near braid station.. fucking bullshit
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #71
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
The fucking bridge is closed tonight east bound WTF! I spent 20-30 mins sitting in traffic on number 1.. there were no signs or anything in PoCo.. had to detour all around to lougheed highway then enter freeway from entrance near braid station.. fucking bullshit
There's signs on lougheed saying that the cape horn on ramp would be closed at night on certain days and they've been talking about lane closures along the hwy on the radio the last couple days.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #72
MG1

So, the bridge is not closed. The entrance to the freeway is closed, yes? I saw a sign just before Sprott exit warning of Kensington Avenue being closed from XX to XX on one of those portable lightboards yesterday. Not sure if they had signs for other areas.

It pays to listen to AM 730. I hate a couple of the announcers, but it saves you a lot of time once in a while. There's this one woman who's a really dumb dipshit. Cannot pronounce street names properly. I think they hired her to make people laugh while stuck in heavy traffic - comic relief.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #73
I subscribe to Revscene

No the bridge WAS closed when I went after 12am.. All the traffic was diverted to the last exit before the bridge.. Fucking bullshit
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #74
MG1

http://www.pmh1project.com/Construct...sures%20CB.pdf

Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #75
VLS Head Mod

Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote