REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Egypt and Dubai

Long story short, i had to attend a wedding in Hong Kong to do a speech, I decided to spend my savings to go to Egypt and Dubai. Why? No idea, I went to Vietnam, India, Japan, Thailand, Philippines before, so I thought it would be good to try something different.

It's a country with the lack of alcohol options, they have a lot of NON alcoholic beer. It just ain't the same.

I was in Cairo and they are really nice people. Have a look, I would have no idea if they have ripped me off or not even if I asked for a receipt.

I was impressed they had twinkies with arabic on it.

I think it's one of the few countries who doesn't use numerical like everyone else (maybe China also but they still use numbers).

Please pronounce that city for me please.

I made a shirt that was in arabic with my name on it but I wished I had a chance to buy this shirt also. It was bargained down to 4 USD

I work for this company, I was surprised to see all of the phones in hotels and all airports using Cisco phones.

I've been to thailand, Philippines, and a lot of Asian countries, NO ONE has ever came close to this Mango juice.

Cats are allowed to sleep at home, Dogs must sleep outside. Cats are sort of well taken care of I guess due to the culture from eons ago.

I was in India last year, it's a POOR ass country but their curry and spices are FAMOUS. Egypt has NOTHING. They make something similar to Naan.

What is wrong with this picture? YES, you're LOOKING into a bathroom.

this was my uncle taking a pee. he had no idea. but wait, he did not PEE into the urinal, he peed into the hole where you wash your ass. We couldn't stop laughing.

See this, NEVER EVER push or use it. In their culture, they don't use toilet paper. IN japan, there are cute pictures and diagrams on telling you how to use it. THIS however, is just a knob. I swear, the thing must have been at 500 PSI or something cause the water from the toilet shot across the bathroom and hit the shower door.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #2

This was really cool, cause this was in Luxor, Egypt and they had this at Mcdonalds.

I really wanted to buy it cause 1) I know it's good quality and the color will stay, but 2) it's 11 dollars but it's heavy as shit and I was already over weight on my limit for my luggages.

Alright, so let's get started: I got off the plane from Cairo and drove to Alexandria, this is like their Miami, it's PACKED with people during summer.
1) it's 28 degrees there and people are wearing sweaters and over coats.

Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the 7 wonders in the world. The water pond has a lot of underwater exploration and diving would have been great but I wasn't able to go. It's full of artifacts and fallen stuff underwater.

The Royal Library of Alexandria, or Ancient Library of Alexandria, Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down before. It's to be told each time a person comes in, they must bring books and scrolls when they enter Egypt, it was told there would be over 500,000 scrolls back in the days. Now, only Egyptians are allowed in.

This looks like a building with ground floor still to be done and none of the rooms have windows. Turns out, you have to BUILD your own. You buy the 3rd floor and you get someone to fix up ONLY your floor. so yes, you walk thru a construction site and all empty except for yours. glass windows = occupied. It's great if you want to do a BBQ, cause you just go to an empty suite.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #3

one of the normal pictures I got of the people drinking tea at 9 PM, playing dominoes and doing hookah. Everyone is wearing a Galabee, their regular clothes.

This old Cairo during Friday at 4:30 PM when people are STARTING to come out and shop. It's mofo packed. 1 hr to get through 3 KM of road.

Alright, this is the FIRST step pyramid. Saqqara is one of the most extensive archaeological sites in Egypt! It was the cemetery for Memphis, the capital of Ancient Egypt. You can't go in or even go near, cause it's falling apart. It's also the name of their beer in Egypt.

No need for any introduction.

Head of a human, body of a lion which is king of the jungle (there are no tigers in egypt) and wisdom of human. It's to show people far away how powerful Egypt is.

standing 73.5 metres (241 ft) long, 6 metres (20 ft) wide, and 20.22 m (66.34 ft) high there are still no back up on how the nose is gone.

As much as this was awesome seeing it, Abu Simbel was much much more shocking.
Abu Simbel temples are two massive rock temples in Nubia, southern Egypt on the western bank of Lake Nasser about 230 km southwest of Aswan (about 300 km by road)

in 1959, they were scared of being sunk underwater after a Dam was being built so in 1964 to 68, $40 million was spent but global donations to carefully cut into large blocks (up to 30 tons, averaging 20 tons), dismantled, lifted and reassembled in a new location 65 meters higher and 200 meters back from the river, in one of the greatest challenges of archaeological engineering in history. As you can see below, the face was HAND cut to ensure it's not ruined by being cut by machines.
Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century BC built this to SHOW off, the 4 people are to be Pharaoh Ramesses II during his 20s, 30s, 40, and 50s.
He's so big to show off to foreigners that he is bigger than God. After it was reallocated, they were never able to get the proper directions correct.
The sun was suppose to shine from the door INSIDE and shine right ONTO a statue of himself, but after it was reallocated, it wasn't able to do so.

A lasting monument to his queen Nefertari, the two are about a foot ball field apart.

This was from one of the temples. How do they tell if it's a girl or a boy? yup, they draw the features right at the arm pits.

how do they tell how fertile the guy is, yup, by the number of drops.

So i went on a cruise on the Nile for 3 days.

i spent my 30th bday at a resort in Hurghada, it's right at the red sea. This is like Russia's Cancun. I have never seen that many Russian Zangiefs and hot russian girls.

They had belly dancing, it was MEH.

went fishing, no i didn't have any puffy fish.

had to wake up at 3 AM to do this. First Flight of Air balloon. 3 places in the world you MUST do, one is egypt, second is Barcelona and the third is somewhere else. Australia is nice but it's all just rainforests etc.

it was fucken expensive, but well worth it for first flight.

1st flight, you get to see it during the ballons being lit at night was just mind blowing.

Seeing pyramids uptop was unique.

We are coming down to some sugar cane fields, rule # 1 NEVER EVER land on someone's land, cause they'll go after you for money for some stupid reason.

We had a team of people with a jeep chasing after us to help us deflate.

Temple of Luxor at night was different.

Shows how two people holds the power of upper and lower eypt, Lotus flour on right and paprus flower on right, these two are BIGGER than the pictures below to show power.

See all the slaves are being tied? Can you tell which ones are African and which were Egyptians... neat eh...

The Karnak Temple Complex. There were like 4-5 kings who used this temple. they kept on building and expanding. Why this dude build 165 columns was beyond me. some of the pharaohs even scratched names off previous dudes and put his name on it.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #4

They used to live in the wild but it's just no use, the wild = live in sand and hills and rocks with shitty life styles. Now, they put two goats on a donkey and stay at a rest stop and beg for money.

I have seen my fair share of poor kids, but I have never seen a kid with 8 - 10 flies all over his face and IN and out of his nose.

So now in Dubai.

Can you see the buildings... the shapes are just amazing.

we all know what this is... tallest in the world ... for now.

I could NOT tell if I was in US or Dubai. 9 lanes hwys and they all drive GMC Tahoes, Escalades, 4Runners at least at 120km/h. I do not see any shitty cars in Dubai. Gas is about 4 dollars for 4 gallons which is considered very expensive right now. ONE thing that was crazy, they don't use toilet paper in bathrooms, they have a shower head and they wash their butt. SERIOUSLY, there was a inch of water flowing out of the male bathrooms at the gas stations.

We all know this. you can pay 200 bucks for a set lunch. Or you can live in it, FYI, the MOMENT you step into your room you'll lose about 50 dollars.
door man, 10 dollars, bell boy 10 dollars and another 20 dollars when 2 guys goes into a room with you explaining all the remote controls on how to use the TV and the blinds etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I swear, the thing must have been at 500 PSI or something cause the water from the toilet shot across the bathroom and hit the shower door.
Couldn't help but laugh when I read that... Looks like an AMAZING trip... Definitely added to one of the places i'd like to visit in the future...

What I would do for a vacation right now...

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
nice. reminded me of my trip to egypt. you miss sumthing with the Abu Simbel temple.

original the sunlight is suppose to shine onto the statue at the very back of the temple the the exact month and date of the pharaoh 's bday for a few hours.

after the temple was move and with all our amazing technology i believe modern engineer was only about to get the light to shine on the statues on the correct date for for only few minute.

did you go with a tour group? seems like you went to all the places i went to, or maybe its standard for all tourist to egypt.

did you go into one of those tourist trap store. egypt is the pioneer and inventor of perfume and fragrances. I so regret not buying a bottle of cleopetra's perfume. the guy said it a ingredient pass down from the time of cleopetra and not for sale to other countries. it is suppose to have been use by cleopetra to seduce caesar.

in any case i took a sniff of it and it smell like pure sweet sex...

did u come across any? haha

Egypt is cool and all, but the greatest part about it is all the legend and story and myth that comes from being one of the greatest ancient civilization. its one of those places you have to experience once.. only once lol
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Great pics and story man!!
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Cool story, bro!
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
nice. reminded me of my trip to egypt. you miss sumthing with the Abu Simbel temple.

original the sunlight is suppose to shine onto the statue at the very back of the temple the the exact month and date of the pharaoh 's bday for a few hours.

after the temple was move and with all our amazing technology i believe modern engineer was only about to get the light to shine on the statues on the correct date for for only few minute.

did you go with a tour group? seems like you went to all the places i went to, or maybe its standard for all tourist to egypt.

did you go into one of those tourist trap store. egypt is the pioneer and inventor of perfume and fragrances. I so regret not buying a bottle of cleopetra's perfume. the guy said it a ingredient pass down from the time of cleopetra and not for sale to other countries. it is suppose to have been use by cleopetra to seduce caesar.

in any case i took a sniff of it and it smell like pure sweet sex...

did u come across any? haha

Egypt is cool and all, but the greatest part about it is all the legend and story and myth that comes from being one of the greatest ancient civilization. its one of those places you have to experience once.. only once lol
You are right about the Abu Simbel, I didn't want to put everything down esp. some RSers have only a mere 4 sec. attention span.

Egypt and Russia (my next destination) are one of the few places you CANNOT go without a tour. eg// Egypt museum is one of the 4 museum in the world one must visit, but believe it or not, there are NO english.... harsh gay. So yes, I went on a tour but it was a private tour and we had some special catered interests for our group specifically.

as for the sweet sex fragrances, yes I actually got it. WHY? I actually have a few of the fragrances myself and when I smelled theirs and confirmed what they said was right, I did actually buy some. If it's really PURE sex and will allow girls to get all horny... I have yet to test that.

Good and bad about Egypt
1) TONS of history but it all happened during the BC era.
2) as bad as India was, they are famous for curry. Egypt.. NOTHING.
3) OH fYI very interesting. When I travel, I tell people I'm Canadian, EXCEPT when I'm in Egypt. In the Koran, it says in the scriptures "There will be a dominating focus from the East that will take over the Egypt civilization" Who else can it be, it's either Russia or China. People were really polite to us.

Stay put, I will post up some before and after pictures of the pyramids... it'll take some time.. but well worth the before and after look
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
nice write up...egypt looked amazing
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #11
VLS Head Mod

great read thanks
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote