REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   How to loose man boobs? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632756-how-loose-man-boobs.html)

BoostedBB6 12-14-2010 11:25 AM

How to lose man boobs?

I'm getting back into working out again and this is an area I want to work on more.
Since I stopped a few years ago I have very soft pecks again and want to build this area back up. Get rid of the flabby crap.

Any suggestions on workouts that focus on this area and give good results quickly?

gdoh 12-14-2010 11:27 AM

put in work shit dont happen over night

BoostedBB6 12-14-2010 11:30 AM

Ya, I know that for sure.
I'm getting back into the whole gym life again and just looking for some exercises that give me results for this area.
Not looking for changes over night because those don't exist, just looking for focused workouts.

!Yaminashi 12-14-2010 11:49 AM

Incline bench, flies, flat bench with dumb bells
I'm sure there are machines as well

Make sure that you don't work just your chest, work out your entire body
Posted via RS Mobile

BoostedBB6 12-14-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7227819)
Incline bench, flies, flat bench with dumb bells
I'm sure there are machines as well

Make sure that you don't work just your chest, work out your entire body
Posted via RS Mobile

I do a full body work out every trip I make to the gym but I like to focus on areas I need to improve as well.
I'm basically just looking at a split between cardio and upper chest workouts. I prefer using a machine rather than free weights because I find I can target certain areas better but I will have to get over that.

trancehead 12-14-2010 12:05 PM

remember you cant spot reduce. squat, deadlift, bench, clean. do some cardio (sprint for 20 secs, walk for 40 secs, do this for about 10 mins?). eat clean. give up all those bullshit carbs unless youre going out with a friend. i dont even eat out anymore acutally unless its social. pack your own food

xzman 12-14-2010 02:44 PM

man boobs are essentially fatty tissue so get the cardio in there and hit the bench to firm em up!

KuSouL 12-14-2010 02:57 PM

they sound pretty loose already to me

SwiftStriker 12-14-2010 03:03 PM

just swim. Swimming is great! It works your upper body :)

The_AK 12-14-2010 03:13 PM

seriously dude,
these
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4006072_n.jpg

Push ups are beast

hal0g0dv2 12-14-2010 03:24 PM

machines lol

1-Slicer-1 12-14-2010 05:47 PM

Why would you want loose man boobs?

chin3se604 12-14-2010 06:21 PM

a bunch of chest exercises transform that clay in to hard muscles
and cardio to burn the rest off that is covering your hard earned pecs

jdc430 12-14-2010 07:30 PM

watch calories. High impact and whole body activites. cardio, cardio, cardio.

BoostedBB6 12-14-2010 09:24 PM

Well I'm a rather large individual (258.4lbs as of today).
My goal right now is to be back at 220 (and eventually 180-200)

My work out plan right now is 30-40min of cardio (rowing or stationary bike), followed by 30-40min of weight training. Right now the plan is to do this for 5 days a week with 2 days off .

With a schedule like this do you think my goal is achievable within 6 months time?

Anyone have any suggestions for low caloric (and good tasting) meals? I usually don't have a lot of time to eat and got into the bad habit of eating out a lot but I need to drop that habit ASAP if I want to get results.
I love salads and chicken, are these good foods to be eating and expecting these kind of results?

Wongtouski 12-14-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDTT (Post 7228499)
Well I'm a rather large individual (258.4lbs as of today).
My goal right now is to be back at 220 (and eventually 180-200)

My work out plan right now is 30-40min of cardio (rowing or stationary bike), followed by 30-40min of weight training. Right now the plan is to do this for 5 days a week with 2 days off .

With a schedule like this do you think my goal is achievable within 6 months time?

Anyone have any suggestions for low caloric (and good tasting) meals? I usually don't have a lot of time to eat and got into the bad habit of eating out a lot but I need to drop that habit ASAP if I want to get results.
I love salads and chicken, are these good foods to be eating and expecting these kind of results?

It seems that your "boobs" aren't the only issue, you're obviously trying to just shed weight.

I would weight train first, and THEN go do cardio. And I would work up my endurance on the treadmill instead.

As for meals, I'd just eat a lot of veggies, eat plenty of fruit, lay off the sugars/salts, and drink lots of water. I'm not a dietitian but its merely a suggestion for living healthier, and naturally helping you to lose weight for the long run.

BoostedBB6 12-14-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wongtouski (Post 7228622)
It seems that your "boobs" aren't the only issue, you're obviously trying to just shed weight.

I would weight train first, and THEN go do cardio. And I would work up my endurance on the treadmill instead.

As for meals, I'd just eat a lot of veggies, eat plenty of fruit, lay off the sugars/salts, and drink lots of water. I'm not a dietitian but its merely a suggestion for living healthier, and naturally helping you to lose weight for the long run.

Any reason you recommend weight training first?
I was around 240 in highschool but was not much fat one me then :P Spent all my time in the gym or on the field.
As for treadmill, that's a no go for me. I severely injured my knee in highschool playing football so running causes issues.
Anything else I am good with. I prefer the bikes because its less impact on my knee.

In a whole, yes I would like to work on the overall picture not just one area but I figured I would focus on something and go from there.

xzman 12-15-2010 04:26 PM

two schools of thought on this depending on your goals:

do cardio first weights second - this would be better suited to you - imo -as you want to reduce bodyfat while firming up.

do weights first cardio second - better for someone who wants to build strength as youre not burning energy doing cardio before hitting the heavy weights.

your diet is important, reduce the calorie intake while increasing the amount you burn - pretty easy formula.

RRxtar 12-15-2010 04:45 PM

if it was me, i would scrap the 40 minutes of cardio before your workout, and only do a 10 minute warmup cardio, and then hit the weights HARD with high intensity doing full body compound movements and keep your heart going doing that.

and then do HITT once or twice a week on your off days

imo, steady state cardio like riding the bike is for people who cant breath well enough to walk up stairs

Wongtouski 12-15-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDTT (Post 7228663)
I was around 240 in highschool but was not much fat one me then :P Spent all my time in the gym or on the field.
As for treadmill, that's a no go for me. I severely injured my knee in highschool playing football so running causes issues.
Anything else I am good with. I prefer the bikes because its less impact on my knee.

In a whole, yes I would like to work on the overall picture not just one area but I figured I would focus on something and go from there.

Well I'm by no means a personal trainer or anything, but for me, I do cardio post weights because the school of thought here is to burn off the "excess" fat after a workout, I've forgotten where I've read about this but it was a while ago. Plus it's also a mental thing to try to muster up the energy to run after doing weights (I run like 6-7k after working out for an hour, probably not a good idea anyway lol).

But like what the guy above me said, bikes are either for ci-lais or morbidly obese people. Since you're an athlete don't you want more "movement" in your cardio? When my right foot/knee used to hurt (bball injury), I would go on the elliptical, you might want to try that out, it sure beats the bike.

ws6ta 12-15-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDTT (Post 7228663)

yeah do not believe. if you were 240 lbs of muscle before you wouldn't come on here asking which machines will target your boobs

BoostedBB6 12-15-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7229458)
yeah do not believe. if you were 240 lbs of muscle before you wouldn't come on here asking which machines will target your boobs

Thats your choice to believe what you want. I had no set work out plan just hit the gym with my friends and played football 24/7.

I'm asking for advice on a focused work out as I have never tried to focus on a certain area before. If you don't have any feel free to take yourself somewhere else.

ws6ta 12-15-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDTT (Post 7229462)
Thats your choice to believe what you want. I had no set work out plan just hit the gym with my friends and played football 24/7.

I'm asking for advice on a focused work out as I have never tried to focus on a certain area before. If you don't have any feel free to take yourself somewhere else.

:lol :lol

Yeah bro go work those boobs hard. do 30 sets of chest on some random machine you'll be 250 lb beast in no time! i heard if you use machines you can convert your fat into muscle :thumbsup:

BoostedBB6 12-15-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wongtouski (Post 7229449)
Well I'm by no means a personal trainer or anything, but for me, I do cardio post weights because the school of thought here is to burn off the "excess" fat after a workout, I've forgotten where I've read about this but it was a while ago. Plus it's also a mental thing to try to muster up the energy to run after doing weights (I run like 6-7k after working out for an hour, probably not a good idea anyway lol).

But like what the guy above me said, bikes are either for ci-lais or morbidly obese people. Since you're an athlete don't you want more "movement" in your cardio? When my right foot/knee used to hurt (bball injury), I would go on the elliptical, you might want to try that out, it sure beats the bike.

I will try this out for sure.
I do enjoy the elliptical but it seems so does everyone else at my gym. I will see if I can grab one tonight. If not may just hit the pool and do some lengths.

BoostedBB6 12-15-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7229468)
:lol :lol

Yeah bro go work those boobs hard. do 30 sets of chest on some random machine you'll be 250 lb beast in no time! i heard if you use machines you can convert your fat into muscle :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try that. :)
Posted via RS Mobile