REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY

USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Rims, Rubber, Springs, Shocks, Coilovers, Rotors, Strut bars, Tower bars...

Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

FS:storage cleanout-SSR type-C (cracked) 17x8.0 5x100 +32

Cleaning out my storage space and here's what I have. Not sure if these are any value to anyone, but I thought I'd post these up just in case someone wants to revive them otherwise they are going to be recycled.

set of 4 SSR Type-C (JDM) semi-solid forged 17x8.0 5x100 +32 in white. These are rare and stupid light. Came off my GT4. bad news, 3 of the 4 are cracked. 1 was fixed when I was using them but honestly, there might be another crack on that rim. 2nd rim seems to have 2 small cracks starting on the inside lip. Was not leaking at the time I took them off. 3rd rim has a decent sized crack on the inside lip which was leaking at the time I took it off. In the photo the crack looks horrible, but its actually the hockey sock tape i put on top of the crack to reduce the leakage Yes it did work! I enabled me to drive for a month before my new rims came in. The 4th rim seems to have no cracks and does not leak. The overall condition of the set is poor to fair. There is curb rash and a few nicks on a couple of the spokes on one rim. based on their condition I know they are not worth much, but if someone wants SSRs in this size and want to recondition them, they are a steal. Personally with that many cracks, I would not feel confident that is why I am trashing them. Some of you may feel otherwise so I'll put an arbitrary price on the set of 4. $250. obo

check my other posts for tires
you can PM me if you have more questions

This post aproved by orgasm_donor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 4.jpg (101.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (106.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo3.jpg (130.1 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement

Last edited by 5thgenbliss; 12-15-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: changing title
5thgenbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Can vouch for OP, these rims are crazy light.

How did they get cracked so badly though?
TOPoftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Must have been through stuff I guess. They didn't look in top shape when I got the car 3 yrs ago. Who knows what they have gone through. I will say, that our roads have gotten worse in the last 3 years so even if I didn't mean to beat on them, just driving around as a daily driver on our stupid roads didn't help any. You're seeing more and more wheels cracking especially forged ones, (BMW M3s and G35s) running on low pro tires on our roads. They take a toll on the nice rims out there. I don't know about you guys, but that's what I've been seeing in recent years. My first 2 cars, I've never cracked any rims. If these weren't cracked, I would have reconditioned them and kept them.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

recycled them. please delete.