REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #26
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I dont have a heavy beard. Goatee/jaw/under chin areas are thick but my cheeks are thin. I dont have a job or lifestyle that requires shaving every day. every 2-3 days is acceptable.

Ive tried Mach3 (for years), then recently tried sheik and a fusion proglide. I find the sheik and the proglide have the blades too close together and they jam up with my stubble and dont rinse out. Ill be going back to the Mach3 for sure next set of blades. I do admit tho, the fusion gives a hell of a nice shave, but I think with the push to ever thinner and closer blades for the super clean shave, they have forgotten the guy who doesnt shave to that extent.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #27
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

i started off with a mach3, and it shaves very close and smooth. i enjoyed the shave with a blade, but i just couldnt get into the shaving ritual, as i had early morning classes that required me to wake up at 6am for.

my first electric razor was a philips hq 6 series. very standard, and nothing special. i used it for years and years until the battery charge no longer held up well anymore. the shave was mediocre at best.

ive moved on, to using a braun 760cc now. its a foil type, which offers a closer shave than the rotary electric shavers, but requires to be changed more often than rotary type. it gives an excellent, close shave. the shave is almost as close as when i used the mach3 blades (but not quite)

i like the braun7series because it only takes about 30 seconds to shave, and it gives almost as good of a shave as a blade. i can also use it where ever i want.

i would recommend the braun7series, for sure, if you like having the quickness and convenience. otherwise, if you have the time and want the best possible shave, stick with blades.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote