REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 12-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
95 accord grinding noise

whenever i'm cruising along at just below 2 thousand revs, it makes some grinding noise; but, when i go past or keep it under that, the sound goes away.

any explanation?

keep in mind the car is a 4speed auto (if that somewhat helps)
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

around what area of the car is the grinding coming from?
when changing gear?
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

go to mr lube, get them to do a complimentary transmission fluid check.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
around what area of the car is the grinding coming from?
when changing gear?
the sound seems to come from the engine itself, and no not when it changes gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
go to mr lube, get them to do a complimentary transmission fluid check.
mixed feelings on that
Quote:
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

there was a bulletin waaay back about a problem you're describing on those years of accords. Honda described the noise as a buzz/groan or droan while cruising around the 2000 rpm area.
In your exhaust, there's a mid pipe about 6 or 7 inches long (between the "A" pipe and converter). A kit was available to replaced the gaskets and mounting hardware for that pipe. I doubt that kit is still available. You can try lubricating the two gaskets with nickel anti-seize. That often works. These particular gaskets are thicker like little donuts, and are used so the exhaust can flex along with the engine.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Fairly vague description of the problem but my guess is a possible exhaust heat shield vibration. Why not get someone to help you find the source of the sound? Maybe you can replicate it while the car is stationary to get a better idea of where it's coming from.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

Description is vague. But heat shields can generally be replicated while revving the engine and have the car stationary. With the mid-pipe groan, the car has to be under load or driven.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
there was a bulletin waaay back about a problem you're describing on those years of accords. Honda described the noise as a buzz/groan or droan while cruising around the 2000 rpm area.
In your exhaust, there's a mid pipe about 6 or 7 inches long (between the "A" pipe and converter). A kit was available to replaced the gaskets and mounting hardware for that pipe. I doubt that kit is still available. You can try lubricating the two gaskets with nickel anti-seize. That often works. These particular gaskets are thicker like little donuts, and are used so the exhaust can flex along with the engine.
thank you, i'll look into that
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Fairly vague description of the problem but my guess is a possible exhaust heat shield vibration. Why not get someone to help you find the source of the sound? Maybe you can replicate it while the car is stationary to get a better idea of where it's coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
Description is vague. But heat shields can generally be replicated while revving the engine and have the car stationary. With the mid-pipe groan, the car has to be under load or driven.
it only seems to make the noise when it's being driven
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
I STILL don't get it

As you stated its coming form the engine ..could you have possibly mistaken the grinding noise for valve tick? Are you filling it with a high octane fuel? If so, it could be the cause.

Had a 98 accord, filled it with 91 and started hearing the tick
Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #10

is it a good thing to fill it up with high octane fuel if it makes the noise than?

seems like a trap
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
I STILL don't get it

Well.. i'm not sure if the accord has a knock sensor. if it does then the ecu would advance the timing for the higher octane fuel.Then, you would only have this problem if you have a faulty/broken knock sensor or harness.

Read the manual and see what octane they recommend.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
RS controls my life!

95 accord has no knock sensor. If its knocking of pinging, it would be more noticable under acceleration and would sound like something rattling in a tin can