REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   10 year gold star (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633587-10-year-gold-star.html)

mr_chin 12-25-2010 01:46 AM

10 year gold star

my dad has 10 year gold star. if i drove his car, got in an accident, and the other driver is at fault... will i get covered?

dinamix 12-25-2010 01:49 AM

Yes.your covered 100 percent.u don't have to pay a dime for anything.
Posted via RS Mobile

dinamix 12-25-2010 01:50 AM

If the other driver is at fault you don't hav to pay for anything .gold star has nothing to do with it .
Posted via RS Mobile

mr_chin 12-25-2010 01:51 AM

Your post sound sarcastic the way i read it. :\

EDIT - and if I am at fault? it's not covered then right?

dinamix 12-25-2010 01:51 AM

I'm serious

!SG 12-25-2010 02:51 AM

if your dad has coverage that everyone in the household has 10 years driving experience, he gets an additional discount.

you are still covered. the only other way is if ur dad is retired (65+) and only gets pleasure use for seniors, then no one but him can drive the car.

johny 12-25-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 7240480)
if your dad has coverage that everyone in the household has 10 years driving experience, he gets an additional discount.

you are still covered..

if you are living in the household, and had less then 10 years, why would he be covered?. otherwise the discount would be meaningless, and everyone would have it. most likly his insurance would be void. likly ICBC would pay for the other drivers repairs, but he would be on the hook for his own from his own pocket.

johny 12-25-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinamix (Post 7240456)
If the other driver is at fault you don't hav to pay for anything .gold star has nothing to do with it .
Posted via RS Mobile

if you have an invaild licence or invaild insurance you are automaticly at fault

ruthless 12-25-2010 08:30 PM

just make sure there isnt that "10 years driving experience" clause is not in his insurance policy, because if it is and you get into an at fault accident ICBC will charge you with fraud and fine you 2k+...not including the increase in premiums....also your not allowed to drive your dads car as your own just to get cheaper insurance(meaning you drive it more than him, everyday, to school or work, etc.). you can only drive sometimes, keep that in mind

zulutango 12-26-2010 09:06 PM

OP how about calling ICBC and asking them that specific question? That way you get the correct info at no prejudice to you, up front. That way, should it actually happen then you have no surprises up front.

RiceIntegraRS 12-26-2010 10:40 PM

Ill try to make it clear. If your dad actually applied for the 10 Years+ Driving Experience discount then ICBC wont cover you.

My Dad has over 20 years driving expereince and just recently applied for the discount since me and my brothers have our own cars and i rarely ever borrow his truck. It saved him a couple hundred dollars actually.

gars 12-26-2010 11:32 PM

Ya - my dad has it as well. It's kind of a pain - because I'm short by a few months right now. I guess I just got to wait it out!

ilvtofu 12-27-2010 08:54 AM

Yup as long as the insurance says it's not for ONLY drivers with >10 years it's fine. My brother got in an accident with my mom's car and he was fully covered.

seekerbeta 12-27-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny (Post 7240937)
if you have an invaild licence or invaild insurance you are automaticly at fault

do you read before you click the post button? with your logic, i can go out, hit a parked car, and because there wasn't a licensed driver behind the wheel ICBC would rule in my favour. ICBC looks at what caused the accident, not at the insurance validity, that only comes into account when the person at fault doesn't have the proper insurance, where ICBC would pay out the not at fault driver, and then Sue the Invalid in court to recoup the costs. if not having a drivers license (ie a 14yr old kid) caused the accident, then yes.. the becomes a factor, but its not the automatic 100% law.

woo_q 12-29-2010 07:01 PM

You are covered because you hold a valid bc drivers license. Regardless if it was your fault or not.

FerrariEnzo 12-31-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznlangjai (Post 7240448)
my dad has 10 year gold star. if i drove his car, got in an accident, and the other driver is at fault... will i get covered?

the way i read it, you already answered your question... if other drivers at fault, why wouldnt you get covered... unless you dont have a valid license...

but if your at fault, he drops on the rate scale 4 spots i believe