REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Fail button gone (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633758-fail-button-gone.html)

RevYouUp 12-28-2010 02:30 AM

Fail button gone

Hey mods,

I seem to have lost my fail abilities ever since they came back. I don't believe I had my fail button taken away for abusing it.

Oleophobic 12-28-2010 05:14 AM

Hi I wasn't sure if I should make my own thread. Since my problem is the same I figured I should add to this thread.

I also have a question about my fail button. I don't seem to have it back and in fact, don't even remember it being taken away prior to the forum wide removal of it this past few weeks.

I didn't use the button often and have checked through the posts which I failed and definitely don't think I was abusing it. I was wondering if there's a reason why the button is removed for me?

I just hope it's not a case of someone reporting me as an abuser because I certainly did not abuse it.

Thanks

?NR 12-28-2010 06:19 AM

Pm skinnypup he's the fail button adminstrator.
Posted via RS Mobile

Oleophobic 12-28-2010 06:46 AM

appreciate the fast response...

just that he told us not to PM him:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...&postcount=246

SkinnyPupp 12-28-2010 07:23 AM

Yeah don't PM me, I only revoke access when requested by a moderator.

Make sure you are in the correct forums - some forums (such as this one) has no fail button at all.

RevRav 12-28-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alby (Post 7242499)
so i gather that only certain members were allowed back access to the fail button while others are not?

for one, i don't have it and not sure why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 7243170)
I don't have my fail button back either and I don't remember it ever being taken away before this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 7243189)
lol same I don't have the button and don't remember it being taken away prior to this. Strange because I didn't use it that often and certainly did not abuse it. Guess I should talk to skinnypup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alby (Post 7243374)
hrm, my fail button was never taken away from me prior to this event and so far i've only given out 25 fails. i have no idea was going on. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevYouUp (Post 7243482)
Hey mods,

I seem to have lost my fail abilities ever since they came back. I don't believe I had my fail button taken away for abusing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 7243509)
Hi I wasn't sure if I should make my own thread. Since my problem is the same I figured I should add to this thread.

I also have a question about my fail button. I don't seem to have it back and in fact, don't even remember it being taken away prior to the forum wide removal of it this past few weeks.

I didn't use the button often and have checked through the posts which I failed and definitely don't think I was abusing it. I was wondering if there's a reason why the button is removed for me?

I just hope it's not a case of someone reporting me as an abuser because I certainly did not abuse it.

Thanks

+1 I seem to be also having the same problem...

ruthless 12-28-2010 09:27 AM

Hi I also did not get my fail button back after it was reinstated. I did not make any troll or fail posts before or while it was removed. If I did could the moderators please make me aware of this as I would like my fail button back.

Thank You
Ruthless

p.s. sorry for the email skinnypupp

donjalapeno 12-28-2010 10:44 AM

Same.

Energy 12-28-2010 11:16 AM

Yeah, I never abused the button either but I don't have it back yet.

Alby 12-28-2010 11:22 AM

im on the same boat as everyone else here. my fail button was never revoked prior and when it was reinstated, i never got it back.

thank you.

Nechako87 12-28-2010 12:09 PM

Yep, no fail button here. Nor was I revoked.

Jegz 12-28-2010 02:06 PM

Yeeeep me too. I need my button back :D

dyan 12-28-2010 02:06 PM

I don't have one either.. and it hasn't been revoked.

Btw. Sorry for the PM skinnypupp.

rb 12-28-2010 02:46 PM

As Skinnypupp stated, some forums (such as this one) have no fail button at all. You will NOT have a fail button if you're in the forums listed below.

exempt from fail button:
- all of buy n sell
- police forum
- support forum
- volunteer forum
- most of VLS+ forum

dyan 12-28-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb (Post 7243862)
You will NOT have a fail button if you're in the forums listed below.

exempt from fail button:
- all of buy n sell
- police forum
- support forum
- volunteer forum
- most of VLS+ forum

I don't have mine in NSFW or general chat either.

vitaminG 12-28-2010 02:58 PM

i dont have my fail button in any forum, i had it before

Energy 12-28-2010 03:00 PM

I don't have mine in any forums. All of Vancouver automotive chat.
Posted via RS Mobile

Oleophobic 12-28-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb (Post 7243862)
As Skinnypupp stated, some forums (such as this one) have no fail button at all. You will NOT have a fail button if you're in the forums listed below.

exempt from fail button:
- all of buy n sell
- police forum
- support forum
- volunteer forum
- most of VLS+ forum

that's true, except I hang out at vancouver off-topic a lot where the fail button thread discussion is taking place and I definitely don't have my fail button there. In fact those of us inquiring about it most likely saw skinnypup's post that I linked above from the off-topic forum.

I wish it was simply because we're in the wrong forum and don't realize it but unfortunately that's not the case.

donjalapeno 12-28-2010 07:27 PM

ok so,

E-ternal-3
T.T
Energy
VitaminG
bigbaddie
jegglez
Nechako87
Soltaaa77
Alby
ruthless
ksceric
RevYouUp

all need there fail buttons back, :)

made SkinnyPupp's job much easier.

CRS 12-28-2010 07:29 PM

Could it be because you guys exhausted all your fails for the day?

!Aznboi128 12-28-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7244152)

Or maybe all of you don't deserve to have the fail button. The button has been taken away from a lot of people for trolling.
Posted via RS Mobile

ToneCapone 12-28-2010 08:27 PM

add me to that list.
VAN Automotive chat/off topic - no fail button (thanks works)

donjalapeno 12-28-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !aznboi128 (Post 7244222)
Or maybe all of you don't deserve to have the fail button. The button has been taken away from a lot of people for trolling.
Posted via RS Mobile

Or maybe because it was a misunderstanding and thats why we are demanding are fail buttons back. I had mine for like a week when i hit 100 posts and you know that because you were the first person i pm'd so that you could be aware of the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 (Post 7244224)
add me to that list. VAN Automotive chat/off topic - no fail button (thanks works)

Done.

ruthless 12-28-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

nope havent had it back since it was reinstated and ive been posting those days as well

Oleophobic 12-28-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !aznboi128 (Post 7244222)
Posted via RS Mobile

I've checked all posts I've failed and I'm pretty sure none of the fails could have been considered to be troll fails or abuse of the button. In fact, most of the posts I've failed, there were 10+ other people failing the same post (ie. the poster was totally deserving of the fail).

i think there were only one or two posts where I was the only one failing the person, but just because I'm the only one failing the person doesn't mean I'm abusing it.

Quote:

nope. Ever since the fail button was brought back I never had it.