REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   ALDO men's shoes attracts but disappoints (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633892-aldo-mens-shoes-attracts-but-disappoints.html)

hear-it-first 12-29-2010 11:16 PM

ALDO men's shoes attracts but disappoints

http://www.shopping.sg/wp-content/up...07/12/aldo.jpg

Shopping for men's shoes has just become more complicated, for me that is. ALDO men's shoes are quite attractive. What particularly was attractive was their sneakers selection which some are quite eye catching until you put them on--hard as rock, no cushion, no comfort. A total disappointment, the shoe is cool on the outside, but stiff and flat on the inside.

Maybe I'm not shopping around enough, but it seems most shoes these days come with such lack of consideration for comfortable insoles. It is especially true for the fashion designers, they only make things look good. And are separate insoles really worth the extra hassle, money and worry?

It seems our only option for proper insoles is in the sportier and bigger brands such as Nike, Addidas, Puma and other athletic running shoe brands. But these however, don't fill the needs of the people who seek the semi-casual looking sneakers that ALDO holds as a fashion designer as I assume. Where may one find the full package of such a shoe that will satisfy both the feet and the eyes?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/static/webU...ltjen_92_2.jpg

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/sneakers

yuusha 12-29-2010 11:45 PM

^If you're buying them on sale right now, they're dirt cheap - surely you can afford to buy the additional insoles with the savings.

That said, the lining will still be uncomfortable and in the long run, I think it's just better off spending more on a more durable and comfortable pair of sneakers. Your feet will thank you.

Shoes are one of the things I vow to never compromise in, regarding comfort.

ilvtofu 12-29-2010 11:59 PM

I've had similar experience with Aldo, their dress shoes aren't so uncomfortable but the sneakers are just horrible. The soles feel super thin but under $50 it's hard to find shoes that look better locally.

Last year or so I've only bought adidas originals sneakers etc. I find they are comfortable for me and the prices are very reasonable. Picked up a few pairs all under $60.

Orange 12-30-2010 12:27 AM

Custom soles are arguably a lot more comfortable than soles implemented inside Nike, Adidas shoes. They aren't all too expensive either. $100 Nikes vs $60 Aldo's + $20 soles? Plus you can put the soles into multiple shoes.

sonick 12-30-2010 09:46 AM

Aldo sneakers all just seem to be ripoff designs of classic Converse, Adidas and Nike's, just buy the originals.

Aldo dress shoes are often way too over stylized and douchey looking.

ShyGuy 12-30-2010 02:47 PM

it's aldo...what are you expecting?

Not really racist! 12-30-2010 05:58 PM

Where do you guys suggest then, for men's dress shoes?

Euro7r 12-30-2010 07:01 PM

I go to Springs for my dress shoes. $30-$40 when on sale, decent priced and looks good. Good enough for me. Don't really care about comfort, since I'm sitting at a office desk at work all day and not walking around a whole lot.

aznrsx1979 12-30-2010 07:02 PM

If you're getting the shoes from Aldo, just spend the extra money on insoles.
You're saving quite a bit from what you'd be spending on the other brands.
However Aldo's quality is lacking in terms of durability.
I typically get my shoes from Kenneth Cole or Nordstrom.

instantneedles 12-31-2010 08:14 PM

sure there are plenty of brands out there that carry styles equally or even more stylish designs than aldo for a decent price... brands such as ransom, supra, addidas original, jack purcell converse, huf... u can find some pretty reliable yet stylish shoes in certain shops in vancouver, just gotta know where.. for starters, j2 has some pretty good selections..however they do tend to be a bit more pricy... downtown is probably ur best bet..

ImportXxX 12-31-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 7246268)
I go to Springs for my dress shoes. $30-$40 when on sale, decent priced and looks good. Good enough for me. Don't really care about comfort, since I'm sitting at a office desk at work all day and not walking around a whole lot.

Springs is the same thing, their insole is pretty bad also. I have a pair of aldo and spring dress shoes. Wore them to vegas, few hours later. My feet was hurting like a bitch. Sure it's cheap but you get what you pay for. If you're planning to walk around alot, you better off to wear your runners.

Kim Jong Un 12-31-2010 09:58 PM

Uhh, spring is aldo..... same shit different store.
Why don't you drop by Gravity Pope or Roden gray for some nice shoes, a little bit pricier but they're worth it for the price.

And with aldo's shoes you can always wear insoles, it helps.

Tapioca 01-01-2011 01:57 PM

Aldo has been making shoes that belong in the trash heap for the past decade. Not only are they uncomfortable, but the leather and craftmanship are terrible.

I've been buying Cole Haan shoes lately and they combine the best of both worlds - Nike technology and interesting designs.

bcrdukes 01-01-2011 02:29 PM

+1 to Cole Haan shoes. I used to think they were for old men who go for a walk in the park but until I tried a pair on, wow, they are by far some of the most comfortable.

Not really racist! 01-01-2011 03:10 PM

Stupid question.. but where can I find Cole Hann shoes locally. I'm not sure about Canada but I know they have chains in USA

Their site is kinda useless.... only lists USA

taylor192 01-01-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7247785)
Aldo has been making shoes that belong in the trash heap for the past decade. Not only are they uncomfortable, but the leather and craftmanship are terrible.

After my second pair of ALDO shoes only lasted a year I vowed never to buy them again. Awful quality.

Pay twice the price for better shoes that will last 5-10 years.

Mr.HappySilp 01-01-2011 07:02 PM

Townshoes isn't back. I got a pair of boots from them and it feels really nice. Usually with Also dress shoes my ankle and feet starts to get sore after 40mins or so but with this boot I got I can wear for 8hours and still feel fine. Sped the extra $40 to $50 for something better. I don't think I will buy from Aldo again.

Gumby 01-04-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7247857)
Stupid question.. but where can I find Cole Hann shoes locally. I'm not sure about Canada but I know they have chains in USA

Their site is kinda useless.... only lists USA

Like most brands (in Canada vs US), we only have limited styles to choose from. I've seen Cole Haan shoes in Browns Shoes and Freedmans.

moky 01-04-2011 09:19 AM

the selection of cole haan shoes in freedman is disappointing. they are nowhere as diverse as that down in the states.

probably not in the same price range as aldo, but ecco and geox provide comfortable, classy and dressy shoes. their price ranges are similar to cole haan (1xx-2xx)

PJ 01-05-2011 11:37 AM

To me, Aldo has always kinda been kind of a knock-off no-name brand. Copying styles from designers and selling them for a fraction of the price. Having said that, I have a couple pairs myself. It's a good price for what you get..

As for insoles, the only place I've found the perfect insole was at Mark's Work Warehouse. I've tried Sportchek's, Aldo's, Champs', etc. But the ones they carry at Mark's is by far the best. I guess theirs are meant for workshoes and workboots so their comfort and durability are extremely high.

So lately I've just been shoe shopping more for style.. and then just throw in insoles from Marks for comfort :)

BlackZRoadster 01-05-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7247807)
+1 to Cole Haan shoes. I used to think they were for old men who go for a walk in the park but until I tried a pair on, wow, they are by far some of the most comfortable.

Yeah they are comfortable, thats why old men wear them to the park

BlackZRoadster 01-05-2011 12:00 PM

Go to brown's shoes now, they have sale up to 70% off now,

Tapioca 01-05-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moky (Post 7250508)
the selection of cole haan shoes in freedman is disappointing. they are nowhere as diverse as that down in the states.

probably not in the same price range as aldo, but ecco and geox provide comfortable, classy and dressy shoes. their price ranges are similar to cole haan (1xx-2xx)

They have a Cole Haan outlets in the Premium Outlet centres and typically, you'll get at least 30-40% off. Over the past 2 years, I've bought a pair of penny loafers, waterproof boots, and 3 pairs of kicks from Cole Haan and none were over $110 which is pretty good these days.

Geox are very decent shoes if you get can them at sale prices. I've owned several pairs throughout the years.

Brown's online store has a good selection and sometimes, you can get very good deals on quality shoes if you're willing to pay a bit more.

moky 01-05-2011 02:30 PM

another place that's actually good for colehaans is Nordstrom Rack.