REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Just bought from inlinewarehouse highly recommend them fast shipping
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
need2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc800 View Post
anyone have any experience with inlinewarehouse.com?
yes, i like them, prices are competitive and from what i remember the shipping wasn't too expensive either.

good alternative to HockeyGiant.com/ca or HockeyMonkey.com, which seems to have crazy shortages during the season.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Does anyone know where to buy Sports tape locally ? I am looking for the gauze tape. Checked cyclone and ths and didn't see any.
eFx[A2C] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

has anyone tried shipping hockey gear to point roberts and picking it up? how much tax do you pay? I tried ordering from iw but it said some items aren't allowed to ship outside US. Will I have problems bringing those items back here from Point roberts?
gc800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #30

Quote:
has anyone tried shipping hockey gear to point roberts and picking it up? how much tax do you pay? I tried ordering from iw but it said some items aren't allowed to ship outside US. Will I have problems bringing those items back here from Point roberts?

shipping to point roberts is fine, tax and duty will depends on where the gear was made and how the border guard feels that day. Try to buy gear thats made in usa,canada or mexico to save duty.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #31
js
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i think most stuff is made in china though... even my vapour XXXX are made in china i think

like most people said, just try some stuff on and buy it online if you wanna save money. i highly recommend buying some good stuff. almost everyone i know has upgraded their beginner gear to nicer stuff. if you're serious about playing hockey you might as well get some nice stuff to start so you don't waste money on lower end gear and rebuy later on. having said that, you don't need high end for everything just make sure its comfortable. middle of the line stuff should be fine. keep in mind, you're not playing in the nhl or in a contact league so most of the protection is kinda useless IMO like shoulders. just buy some basic shoulders that allow you move well and some elbows that fit well. just make sure whatever you buy is comfortable and fits well. for the most part i always recommend getting a highend skate even crappy skates are pretty expensive.

Last edited by js; 02-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #32

Quote:

yes i just did that recently, i didn't pay for the stuff my friend did.
so what happened with him was that he had to add an address on his Credit Card, because apparently IceWarehouse wouldn't ship out, unless you have the same billing and shipping address.

but hopefully you dont' have to pay taxes, but if you do it's like anything else you bring through the border. When you cross the border, they will ask how much stuff you brought back, and they'll decide whether or not to tax you. Last two times i brought stuff over, they were $350, $1200 and $550, and i only got taxed on the $1200. They're not too strict over on that side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
i think most stuff is made in china though... even my vapour XXXX are made in china i think

like most people said, just try some stuff on and buy it online if you wanna save money. i highly recommend buying some good stuff. almost everyone i know has upgraded their beginner gear to nicer stuff. if you're serious about playing hockey you might as well get some nice stuff to start so you don't waste money on lower end gear and rebuy later on. having said that, you don't need high end for everything just make sure its comfortable. middle of the line stuff should be fine. keep in mind, you're not playing in the nhl or in a contact league so most of the protection is kinda useless IMO like shoulders. just buy some basic shoulders that allow you move well and some elbows that fit well. just make sure whatever you buy is comfortable and fits well. for the most part i always recommend getting a highend skate even crappy skates are pretty expensive.
i agree with most of what you're saying, except i'd buy cheap stuff to begin period. I found that i rebought a lot of my gear because i acquired some new preferences and/or comfort wasn't right.
Skates though are the iffy part, they should be your most expensive piece of gear, but at the same time a very expensive skate with a stiff boot isn't very beneficial to a new skater, but will probably save you money down the road

Since i started about 2 years ago, the only thing i haven't replaced is my hockey bag and my jock shorts, lol.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #33

^^ agreed skates,shins and helmet you should spend the money on. A good stick is worth the money but keep in mind one good slash and the stick may break. Everything else mid to low end should be ok for beginners hockey
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #34

i think so far the only thing i havent replaced in my jock and cup.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote