REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   HELP!!! Put on Barwatch for no reason without warning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/634717-help-put-barwatch-no-reason-without-warning.html)

bb1lude 01-09-2011 06:25 PM

HELP!!! Put on Barwatch for no reason without warning

Hey guys I was at Venue this past summer and we were all having a good time when the bouncer pulled me aside and asked for my ID. I didn`t do anything wrong so I gave it to him without any questions and he came back about 20 mins later and gave it back to me. Didn`t tell me anything and I tried to go to a club and they told me that there was an "Alert" when they scanned my ID and they couldn't let me in. The told me I was on Barwatch and I cannot go into a club this is a very big inconvenience. I have called VPD and they told me they don't know how to take me off barwatch because it is a seperate entity. I have searched this on the net and cannot find any information. If anyone knows on how I can get off Barwatch or if there is a time limit could you please help me out.

Thank you in advance

beetea 01-09-2011 06:33 PM

were you wearing tatts as a shirt that night?

bb1lude 01-09-2011 06:35 PM

lol no i was dressed normally

Soundy 01-09-2011 07:26 PM

Well, a quick google of "barwatch" yielded this:

http://portmoodypolice.ca/index.php?...100&Itemid=103

Quote:

If you wish further information on the Bar Watch Program, please do not hesitate in contacting Inspector Andy Richards at 604-461-3456.
You may not have been in Port Moody, but perhaps this gentleman can answer your questions.

dlo 01-09-2011 07:27 PM

Do you have a criminal record? If so, that may be the reason..

strykn 01-09-2011 07:29 PM

Can be criminal record or because it was the 'people' you were with

sean_wong 01-10-2011 08:38 AM

http://www.venue.nu/images/photoalbu...elson-haha.jpg

PJ 01-10-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetea (Post 7258044)
were you wearing tatts as a shirt that night?

this made me lol

lol 01-10-2011 10:24 PM

I have a criminal record and im not on barwatch. kow

Blue_StreakR 01-11-2011 11:34 PM

For starters you should find out who put you on it. You mention someone from Venue took your ID but then gave it back. You weren't kicked out of the club so it obviously wasn't them that put you on.

Blue_StreakR 01-11-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol (Post 7259727)
I have a criminal record and im not on barwatch. kow

:whistle:

bb1lude 01-13-2011 10:37 AM

it obviously was because hes the only person that had my id and then the next time i tried to go clubbing i couldnt you guys are of no help to me i dont have a criminal record and dont you think that i wouldve already tried to google it i was wondering if there are any bouncers or people that are actually working in the industry that can help me out

Blue_StreakR 01-13-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb1lude (Post 7263372)
it obviously was because hes the only person that had my id and then the next time i tried to go clubbing i couldnt you guys are of no help to me i dont have a criminal record and dont you think that i wouldve already tried to google it i was wondering if there are any bouncers or people that are actually working in the industry that can help me out

Have you tried calling Venue??

Criminal Record or not. That is irrelevant. Doesn't have anything to do with it.

Blue_StreakR 01-13-2011 03:55 PM

Also, ask to see what the message reads. You are supposed to write down the reason when someone is flagged. That might help.

Can'tStandYa 01-13-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_wong (Post 7258642)

lol

dlo 01-13-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb1lude (Post 7263372)

if we are no help, go somewhere else, you give us SQUAT shit for background information, what do you expect?

Wykydtron 01-15-2011 06:47 AM

Let him walk away with your ID for 20 minutes? You are incredibly trusting.

RiceIntegraRS 01-16-2011 05:56 PM

There aint much u can do i think. I have a friend thats a bouncer and his own really good friends are onn barwatch and he cant even get them in. Ur gonna have to call up venue and call up the person running it to ask.
Posted via RS Mobile

CanadaGoose 01-20-2011 02:28 PM

Why would you give anyone your ID without even knowing why? :speechless:

I've up and left clubs because the reason I got was shit and I would rather stay anonymous. You can always refuse, you don't have to show them shit.

Who knows what they'll do with your information, you should ALWAYS guard your details

elbee 01-24-2011 04:26 PM

Gossip, boss and fabric will still let you in! for some reason barwatch really only applies to some clubs, a friend of mine was refused entry into one club, but hes able to go to every other club in vancouver.

Xnova86 01-24-2011 06:32 PM

venue is a shit club anyway

Alpine50 02-22-2011 02:55 AM

I'm hitting up venue pretty pumped but I've givien my I.d. To a bouncer in vic all my buddys had to bc there brown so I guess its easier to track us down if we knock someone out and kick it. But I got it back, thought I'd be to drunk and forget it hahaahah
Posted via RS Mobile