REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Suggestion for future revscene meets

Hey mods and organizers of the revscene meets,

I just thought of a possible idea for future revscene meets.
Have a swap meet section where people will bring in their sellable car goods (preferably something that is universal like tires, wheels, tools etc).
You bring it to a volunteer at a table who they registers you as the seller for it and it is then placed at a table for sale with a sale price.
If it sells, a proceed of the sale goes to charity (so like sell $100 in tires, $5 goes to a charity of choice for revscene).

If left unsold, then it is simply returned to the owner with say a $5 fee or something. I think it's an interesting idea.

Let me know what you guys think. Figure you guys have time to arrange this for whenever the next big meet is (if you think it's a good idea).

Just a thought.
Advertisement
theurgy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
The charity idea's a good idea.

But if I remember correctly selling auto parts in public is against the law, and if it were up to me I'd think this would be too much extra work the mods/volunteers/admins would have to put together on top of whatever they already have to do.

There's already a Buy and Sell on Revscene that's pretty good enough imo And it doesn't even charge you to use it. You can donate $5 to a charity of your choice after selling an item if you're in for charity.

Just my two cents.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Wasn't aware that selling auto parts was against the law... I figure all the swap meets and garage sales I've been too are against the law as well...Hmmm

That aside, I understand that there's forums and that's cool, but something can be said for seeing it in person before you buy it. Makes a sale that much easier. Also removed the whole need to arrange a meet up time and all that.

the $5 was just an example, any particular donation percentage or however they want to do it would be fine.

Also, just suggestion and something to stew over, I know I'd like to see it happen personally.
theurgy1 is offline   Reply With Quote