REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   best places to take kids on weekends?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635136-best-places-take-kids-weekends.html)

mk1freak 01-14-2011 10:36 PM

best places to take kids on weekends??

So to all the parents out there,

where's the best place to take your kids 3+,
and i don;t mean places like Go Bananas, or Fun4Kidz in aberdeen.
and if you have suggestions for cheap places or even places where you have to shell out some dough all is welcome.

polvoronn 01-15-2011 02:04 PM

Personally, I always enjoyed going to Lonsdale Quay when I was a kid. My brother and I would play in the ball pit, we'd grab an ice cream, have lunch. It was good times. Same thing with Granville Island.

mk1freak 01-19-2011 04:39 PM

yea GI is nice been there a few times with the kids, though Lonsdale Quay wasn't as good. Science world until jan 27th i think has general admission by donation and if you give 25 or over you get a tax receipt! WIN!

JesseBlue 01-29-2011 01:28 PM

go to any park that has a playground...

insomniac 01-31-2011 03:43 PM

um toysrus? might be hard to get them outta there unless you have something to lure them haha

freakshow 01-31-2011 04:51 PM

Head over to Little Nest. They have excellent quality food, and remain extremely kid friendly; they even have their own little play area and lots of room for strollers.

MrGoodbar 02-09-2011 12:49 PM

i used to love going to the playground. take your kids there. excercise, fun and a healthy meal to fill their stomachs to tire them out so they don't get noisy later.

mk1freak 02-09-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodbar (Post 7298841)
i used to love going to the playground. take your kids there. excercise, fun and a healthy meal to fill their stomachs to tire them out so they don't get noisy later.

yea i;ve been doing this too, though the playground by the house is getting boring, you guys have any suggestion on the best playground (school or park)
for kids? (hmmmm this might be thread worthy on it's own)

also to clarify for some who have asked, i am not a weekend father LOL i have my family 24/7, it's just the weekends i want to do something special for them while their mom is at work.

-EuroRSN- 02-09-2011 03:11 PM

Michael Jacksons House! :troll:

MrGoodbar 02-09-2011 03:16 PM

David Oppenheimer elementary school has a really nice open field with a large playground around the fraserview area. it's west of the fraserview golfcourse. the park i think it's called bobalink park. Or take your kids to the driving range and teach them how to hit balls. damn with the weather like it is these days i wanna hit the driving range a bit.

Spoon 02-11-2011 10:07 AM

Brentwood Mall has a pretty decent indoor play area; great for those rainy days.

Not sure if it's still suitable for a 3+ y.o child though. But my 1+ loves it there.

Wetordry 02-11-2011 01:44 PM

just take them to a new place every week, your kids are the tourists and you are the tour guide:

- elementary schools have playgrounds
- parks
- community centers
- malls
- take the seabus across the inlet
- white spot to have a "pirate pack"
- take the bus / bus ride
- stanley park, beaches
- zoo
- go to the top of harbour center
- skytrain from end to end
- science world
- walk across the bridges: granville / burrard / cambie / lions gate
- capilano bridge
- hiking
- markets: granville island, new west quay, lonsdale quay
- driving range
- ice rinks
- swimming pools
- grouse grind

JesseBlue 02-13-2011 02:12 PM

during the summer, i took my kids on a rotation of 3 different parks...walking and talking are the best parts during the trips

BuyingDussault 02-13-2011 03:44 PM

Take them out to fishing, im pretty sure their going to love it!

Psykopathik 02-14-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7299000)
Michael Jacksons House! :troll:

pretty safe there these days....:fullofwin:

mk1freak 02-22-2011 08:11 AM

gonna take them to the top of seymour this weekend, turns out my work get super duper cheap tram tickets.

the_rickster 02-23-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wetordry (Post 7301767)
- grouse grind

hahahahahaha

TheNewGirl 02-23-2011 08:49 AM

It depends hugely on what kind of kids you have too.

My kid for example LOVES animals so one of her favorite things is to go on a photo safari, I get the digital camera and go out to any nature trail or park and see how many animals we can snap pictures of.

Rocky Point, Central Park and Stanley Park were big favorites for this.

Later to get trickier we started adding plants to the list of things we were trying to 'catch' with the camera too.

insomniac 02-26-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wetordry (Post 7301767)
just take them to a new place every week, your kids are the tourists and you are the tour guide:

- elementary schools have playgrounds
- parks
- community centers
- malls
- take the seabus across the inlet
- white spot to have a "pirate pack"
- take the bus / bus ride
- stanley park, beaches
- zoo
- go to the top of harbour center
- skytrain from end to end
- science world
- walk across the bridges: granville / burrard / cambie / lions gate
- capilano bridge
- hiking
- markets: granville island, new west quay, lonsdale quay
- driving range
- ice rinks
- swimming pools
- grouse grind

wow all these.. esp the pirate ship at whitespot brang back so much memories haha

ilvtofu 03-01-2011 12:03 PM

^brang?

mk1freak 03-01-2011 12:13 PM

took them to the top of grouse this weekend, they loved the snow :)

Phil@rise 03-02-2011 04:26 PM

Pony up grab some gear and take em camping you wont find a better way to connect with your kids and start em young

DarkVerses 03-06-2011 12:03 PM

Hicks Lake is awesome for kids. The camp sites are perfect, they have a really good playground set up, and within site of most of the camp sites. There are 3 lakes all within walking distance, and they have great trails, berry's to pick and walking trails. It's also only a 2 hour drive from Richmond.

Don't forget Crash Crawlies (princess auto is close too woot!)

DarkVerses 03-06-2011 12:05 PM

Don't forget, swimming and skating are great cheap ways to kill off some of their energy as well

aznrsx1979 03-08-2011 09:05 PM

Growing up in the tri-cities, there are a bunch of trails that you can take your kids biking on if they like to bike. It's been a long time, but my brothers and I would go for walks or bike around Lafarge Lake.