REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #76
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
^^^ cant get much clear on that I never used a weight gainer well monster mass for a week but yeah the rest was food and food and yeah food
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #77
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

So don't go on gainers cuz its not all that healthy. Go on not pure whey. Buddy I'm literally a noob to this stuff and idk whats in gainers or whey or what is whey protein.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Whey is the liquid that is left over from cheese making (e.g. little miss muffet sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey). Whey protein is the protein from that liquid.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #79
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
You don't really need to worry that much about supplements. Just eat lots (and lots) of food.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #80
Banned (ABWS)

baoturbo.. to bad u quit fitnessworld i could have been ur workout partner lol
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #81
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
only reason why i bought a weight gainer because it has everything i needed in it creatine, gulamine, protein and calories for a relatively cheap price, but what skinnypup said is correct too, eat eat and eat more. eat 6 smaller meals rather than 2-3 big meals, its better for your metabolism.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobman View Post
baoturbo.. to bad u quit fitnessworld i could have been ur workout partner lol
the stuff at fitness world is really old lol. the guys there are pretty pro there too. i like oval cuz its bigger, newer stuff, and more facilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
only reason why i bought a weight gainer because it has everything i needed in it creatine, gulamine, protein and calories for a relatively cheap price, but what skinnypup said is correct too, eat eat and eat more. eat 6 smaller meals rather than 2-3 big meals, its better for your metabolism.
Thing is I tried food. It doesn't really work as much plus I hate eating constantly. I have never, ever tried supplements and I really want to give it a shot to see if there are results. I hope it's not really unhealthy, but at least I want to give supplements a real shot to see if it can help a little bit. Not even hoping for crazy results, but at least I tried it.

That's why I was looking foward to a real good supplement that I can try at first. I mean everyone seemed to try supplements and it does something at least, now I guess it's my turn to try.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #83
My homepage has been set to RS

I was like you once... i used to be around 155 at 5'11. And to tell you the truth, you do not need any supplements to become big. I always thought how lucky it was for others who were bigger than me to eat so much and have so much strength. So around three months ago, i started to seriously try and hit the gym at school almost once a day and even sometimes twice a day. Now, at about 3 and a half months later, I am at 175 lbs or just a little under.

About two summers ago, I was really wanting to gain weight. I took weight gainer with a scoop of ice cream and I saw tremendous results, but the thing is i never worked out so i just became thicker and fatter, which is what i wanted. The thing was though, i didnt always have money for protein and i thought high quality protein was the only type of protein i should take, but i was wrong. So after all this, in about half a month, i went from 160 to about 150 again which was where i started.

Fast forward to the beginning of my three months. Instead of using costco protein, i convinced myself to try out high quality whey, so i got on ON Whey (i dont know why). And in fact i did start seeing results but they werent tremendous. I always thought that once i took protein i would have to keep taking it to sustain my size and again i was wrong. So after i finished my hella expensive tub of ON Whey, i started using costco whey because after all they are the exact same thing - whey protein isolates.

The only thing bad about costco whey, the taste. THat was it. I saw no difference in the change from ON to Costco brand whey. Throughout all this i started to see gains, i was significantly more toned and I gained about ten pounds , sitting at 165 by then.

While i was taking the costo brand whey i was actually getting bored of the taste because it just straight up tasted like ass. So, I started to take weight gainer again. I took it about twice a day and it was ok. I started packing on more muscle faster and the added sugar in the weight gainer added a bit more mass on me too which i liked alot.

Then i found something out. As a student, it is hard to commit to working out and drinking protein enough times a day however, I was able to eat properly still due to my parents cookign for me. What i find funny now is that when i look at food i can actually tell which ones i should eat for whatever kind of effect. If i look at chicken, all i see is protein i dont really care about the taste. For fried food or anything fatten i gobble it up anyways since i am bulking etc etc, and at the same time i can estimate the carbs.

So anyways, lol from missing routine protein shakes and shit, i thought i would falter in weight, but i didnt! In fact, all i did was workout, drink the protein shake ONCE and eat eat eat and eat. Compared to before when i eat now for example, i could probably eat about one and a half steaks for dinner, now i could probably eat 3 plus rice and corn and other shit. It may not be much to some others out there but i am still gaining and I really have seen a big difference.

Now currently I am not taking any supplements except one scoop after working out. It very likely does not do much for me but it just makes me feel better since its like a ritual by now haha. I have not worked out in about five days and I am about to go crazy!!! I have not eaten once scoop of weight gainer but my body has not gone down in weight at all. In fact, since 170, i have not had too much protein intake other than after workouts, and i have been gaining quite well.

Hope u got something out of that!
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #84
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
uh...umm...forget it.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:49 AM   #85
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

eat mcdonalds.. and kill it at the gym everytime no joke.. I put on 25 pounds in 10 months by doing that. Stayed relatively lean as well
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #86
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
^ ... not sure if serious
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #87
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I think he is. Especially for pinner guys its a shitload of calories they can't get anyway else. Or eat a double double from triple o's 3x a day. So fucking good, 1500 calories for a meal. NOM NOM NOM NOM.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #88
I don't get it

wow this thread is still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
eat mcdonalds.. and kill it at the gym everytime no joke.. I put on 25 pounds in 10 months by doing that. Stayed relatively lean as well
this. dirty bulk it up bro. eat anything in sight, even if its mc d. 4000+ calories a day and lift heavy 3x a week. gain weight put on muscle, worry about the fat later.
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #89
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
^^ that can be good and bad, most ppl dirty bulk and fail cut so they are stuck with a shitty body lol and never will look good
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
lol, im serious. it might not be the most healthiest thing to do but i was pinner as hell and couldnt care less. ive had a great bulk by eating anything in sight like a beast, i loved bulking.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #91
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I eat a fuckload of fast food when I'm bulking up. To much a pain in the ass to cook at home all the time and I'm just to fucking lazy. Half my diet if not more consists of fast food.

Berz out.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #92
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I eat everything i see.....I just balance that shit out with cardio and cardio kickboxing....3 weeks and i've gone up 4lbs. No belly insight...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #93
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Thumbs up for dirty bulk. Not for everybody, but effective in ectomorphs who aren't used to eating enough since they can relatively cut back on calories when cutting since they've been eating less all their lives.

Mark Rippetoe agrees:

Quote:
And folks, for weight-gaining purposes, "eating clean" is not a useful concept. Big Macs are.

I have bought 4-6 double cheeseburgers and thrown away the bread many times. But I think they just raised the price from $1 to $1.25. Rapists.

You guys that worry about eating clean are actually merely bodybuilders looking for justification for your obsession with abs. You cannot get big and strong on 3000 kcal/day. And you cannot eat 7000/day and eat perfectly "clean".
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #94

I'll start with the pass at the oval first. Then move on to other things like supplements. First month I'll try food and lots of it. I will be coaching badminton so I still have to move around and do cardio, that's taken care of all the fat.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #95
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
badminton =/= cardio unless you're non stop running and having your heart rate elevated constantly for 20-30 minutes.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
eat a well-balanced meal every 2-3 hours
lift heavy for muscle mass
consume lots of protein
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #97
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
You don't have to do a dirty bulk.. i've put on 15 pounds of lean mass with little to no fat over 4-5 months on a clean bulk.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
You don't have to do a dirty bulk.. i've put on 15 pounds of lean mass with little to no fat over 4-5 months on a clean bulk.
true, you dont have to but its easier. eating healthy can be expensive and sometimes more time consuming, always cooking meals etc. nothing wrong with dirty bulking just try to watch how many calories youre taking it and it should limit how much fat you put on
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #99

Side note. I smoke occasionally so I do lose my appetite sometimes especially when I do have work which stresses me out a little, then I smoke more, which relieves some of that, but I lose my appetite for food and I can eat like a meal a day. Real harsh
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #100
Banned (ABWS)

one easy way to gain alot of weight its called MUTANT MASS its a weight gainer heard its crazy like for 2 scoops its got like 2000 calories or somthing
tommy69 is offline   Reply With Quote