REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #401
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
im not going to SPOILER, if your coming into this thread and havent seen the movie yet your an idiot.
lomac where you at
Advertisement
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #402
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
im not going to SPOILER, if your coming into this thread and havent seen the movie yet your an idiot.

I feel like this one shouldv been the second one, and the one with the joker shouldv been the final one.

I was hoping Ras wouldv been resurrected by now, or I was hoping there would be a second villain of some sort, not just pop out Talia at the last 10 minutes.

I guess I was expecting so much because of the second one, I got let down,

Having Bane as the sole villain the whole movie didnt do it for me.

It was like a re-write of the first one,

get beat up, put in solitary, work out, get strong, come back, beat up bad guy.

Second had so much more.

And if Talia and Bane were just going to suicide with the bomb anyway, why the fuck wait 5 months?

and a 4 megaton bomb wouldnt create a shockwave or a tsunami at that distance?

it also felt like cat-woman was just filler in the movie, she felt completely out of place in the movie.

if they were going to pull a 180 and go back to the RAS story-line, they should have revived him.

how about avoiding saying whatever u want if ur not putting in spoilers...??
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #403
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
The score I felt annoying at times.
This...felt like Hans Zimmer is trying to pull some JJ Abrams Lost music during some otherwise excellent scenes
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #404
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
"You're" an idiot.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #405
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:

I feel like this one shouldv been the second one, and the one with the joker shouldv been the final one.

I was hoping Ras wouldv been resurrected by now, or I was hoping there would be a second villain of some sort, not just pop out Talia at the last 10 minutes.

I guess I was expecting so much because of the second one, I got let down,

Having Bane as the sole villain the whole movie didnt do it for me.

It was like a re-write of the first one,

get beat up, put in solitary, work out, get strong, come back, beat up bad guy.

Second had so much more.

And if Talia and Bane were just going to suicide with the bomb anyway, why the fuck wait 5 months?

and a 4 megaton bomb wouldnt create a shockwave or a tsunami at that distance?

it also felt like cat-woman was just filler in the movie, she felt completely out of place in the movie.

if they were going to pull a 180 and go back to the RAS story-line, they should have revived him.
So anyone who couldn't make it out to a movie that has only been out 4 days and was pretty much sold out is an idiot? Really?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #406
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Good job geniuses, complain about the man posting spoilers while quoting the spoilers in its entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #407
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
why join a discussion on the dark night rises after the movie has already been out? its pretty frustrating to hafto click spoiler on everyones post just so we can have a discussion
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #408
G
Banned (BBM)

Maybe people want to read the thread to see how others rate the movie in order to determine if they want to watch it themselves?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #409
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
Good job geniuses, complain about the man posting spoilers while quoting the spoilers in its entirely.
Maybe they saving evidence in case he decides to edit his post. I was promised justice by the mods and I demand it!

I wish we woul just make two separate threads for spoilers.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #410
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
For me I don't care that he posted without spoilers. Personally I know coming into this thread or anything Batman related anywhere on the web that I would probably see spoilers so I avoided it all together until I watched it. However, to call people an idiot for not seeing it already is dumb.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #411
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Death or Exile?

how the hell do you spoiler?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #412
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Nolan's "Goodbye Letter" to the Batman:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/24...to-batman.html
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan wrote a wonderful heartfelt and honest foreword for the book, The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy. The book was released in stores on July 20th, and it's basically a goodbye letter to the epic Batman franchise that he created.

I love these Batman films, I loved how Nolan ended it, and I'm excited to see what movies he makes next! Here's what Nolan had to say about his journey through the Batman franchise.

Alfred. Gordon. Lucius. Bruce . . . Wayne. Names that have come to mean so much to me. Today, I’m three weeks from saying a final good-bye to these characters and their world. It’s my son’s ninth birthday. He was born as the Tumbler was being glued together in my garage from random parts of model kits. Much time, many changes. A shift from sets where some gunplay or a helicopter were extraordinary events to working days where crowds of extras, building demolitions, or mayhem thousands of feet in the air have become familiar.

People ask if we’d always planned a trilogy. This is like being asked whether you had planned on growing up, getting married, having kids. The answer is complicated. When David and I first started cracking open Bruce’s story, we flirted with what might come after, then backed away, not wanting to look too deep into the future. I didn’t want to know everything that Bruce couldn’t; I wanted to live it with him. I told David and Jonah to put everything they knew into each film as we made it. The entire cast and crew put all they had into the first film. Nothing held back. Nothing saved for next time. They built an entire city. Then Christian and Michael and Gary and Morgan and Liam and Cillian started living in it. Christian bit off a big chunk of Bruce Wayne’s life and made it utterly compelling. He took us into a pop icon’s mind and never let us notice for an instant the fanciful nature of Bruce’s methods.

I never thought we’d do a second—how many good sequels are there? Why roll those dice? But once I knew where it would take Bruce, and when I started to see glimpses of the antagonist, it became essential. We re-assembled the team and went back to Gotham. It had changed in three years. Bigger. More real. More modern. And a new force of chaos was coming to the fore. The ultimate scary clown, as brought to terrifying life by Heath. We’d held nothing back, but there were things we hadn’t been able to do the first time out—a Batsuit with a flexible neck, shooting on Imax. And things we’d chickened out on—destroying the Batmobile, burning up the villain’s blood money to show a complete disregard for conventional motivation. We took the supposed security of a sequel as license to throw caution to the wind and headed for the darkest corners of Gotham.

I never thought we’d do a third—are there any great second sequels? But I kept wondering about the end of Bruce’s journey, and once David and I discovered it, I had to see it for myself. We had come back to what we had barely dared whisper about in those first days in my garage. We had been making a trilogy. I called everyone back together for another tour of Gotham. Four years later, it was still there. It even seemed a little cleaner, a little more polished. Wayne Manor had been rebuilt. Familiar faces were back—a little older, a little wiser . . . but not all was as it seemed.

Gotham was rotting away at its foundations. A new evil bubbling up from beneath. Bruce had thought Batman was not needed anymore, but Bruce was wrong, just as I had been wrong. The Batman had to come back. I suppose he always will.

Michael, Morgan, Gary, Cillian, Liam, Heath, Christian . . . Bale. Names that have come to mean so much to me. My time in Gotham, looking after one of the greatest and most enduring figures in pop culture, has been the most challenging and rewarding experience a filmmaker could hope for. I will miss the Batman. I like to think that he’ll miss me, but he’s never been particularly sentimental.

Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #413
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes View Post
How about not ruining a movie for everyone who's too busy to see it within the first week, let alone willing to deal with ridiculous lines at the theatres. Where I am, it was sold out for the first 4 days in theatres; I wasn't going to buy tickets in advance because my work schedule was likely to screw over my plans.
Spoiler what you wrote, you're looking like an asshole.
So u havent seen the movie yet, but u decided to enter the Dark Knight Rises thread for what reason? To see what others thought of the movie and would rate it? Dont we have a thread for that....... oh yes here it is http://www.revscene.net/forums/51388...-saw-rate.html

This thread is supposed to be a discussion about the movie. If i havent seen a movie, a UFC, a Canuck Game that i really wanted to watch, id be dam sure not enter a thread about it.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #414
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
So u havent seen the movie yet, but u decided to enter the Dark Knight Rises thread for what reason? To see what others thought of the movie and would rate it? Dont we have a thread for that....... oh yes here it is http://www.revscene.net/forums/51388...-saw-rate.html

This thread is supposed to be a discussion about the movie. If i havent seen a movie, a UFC, a Canuck Game that i really wanted to watch, id be dam sure not enter a thread about it.
Exactly. There will be casual discussion. Spoilers are for crazy plot twists etc. I mean, it doesn't really make sense when someone would be upset if someone wrote

"Batman fights Bane", and it's like "OMG WTF BBQ SPOILERS". I stayed away from this thread (and pretty much the interwebs) this whole time.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #415
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
i loved it
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #416
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #417
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post

That thread is generally just [Movie Name] - [Rating] with little or no explaination as to why they gave it. Whereas in this thread, people are actually discussing the way things were shot, actors performances, comparison to the two prior to this movie, etc. That's what I came for, I want to know how everyone performed, if the effects were good, and if it was well directed before seeing it.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #418
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Appropriate

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #419
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I enjoyed the movie, 8.5/10.

Bane's voice was ok imo, but it was hard for some people to understand what he was saying.

Anne Hathaway.....damn

Like some people here have said, I would go with TDK, BB, DKR.

They set a huge par with TDK and Ledger did an awesome job with the Joker. I was hard for them to surpass that par that they set.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #420
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
Nolan's "Goodbye Letter" to the Batman:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/24...to-batman.html
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan wrote a wonderful heartfelt and honest foreword for the book, The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy. The book was released in stores on July 20th, and it's basically a goodbye letter to the epic Batman franchise that he created.

I love these Batman films, I loved how Nolan ended it, and I'm excited to see what movies he makes next! Here's what Nolan had to say about his journey through the Batman franchise.

Alfred. Gordon. Lucius. Bruce . . . Wayne. Names that have come to mean so much to me. Today, I’m three weeks from saying a final good-bye to these characters and their world. It’s my son’s ninth birthday. He was born as the Tumbler was being glued together in my garage from random parts of model kits. Much time, many changes. A shift from sets where some gunplay or a helicopter were extraordinary events to working days where crowds of extras, building demolitions, or mayhem thousands of feet in the air have become familiar.

People ask if we’d always planned a trilogy. This is like being asked whether you had planned on growing up, getting married, having kids. The answer is complicated. When David and I first started cracking open Bruce’s story, we flirted with what might come after, then backed away, not wanting to look too deep into the future. I didn’t want to know everything that Bruce couldn’t; I wanted to live it with him. I told David and Jonah to put everything they knew into each film as we made it. The entire cast and crew put all they had into the first film. Nothing held back. Nothing saved for next time. They built an entire city. Then Christian and Michael and Gary and Morgan and Liam and Cillian started living in it. Christian bit off a big chunk of Bruce Wayne’s life and made it utterly compelling. He took us into a pop icon’s mind and never let us notice for an instant the fanciful nature of Bruce’s methods.

I never thought we’d do a second—how many good sequels are there? Why roll those dice? But once I knew where it would take Bruce, and when I started to see glimpses of the antagonist, it became essential. We re-assembled the team and went back to Gotham. It had changed in three years. Bigger. More real. More modern. And a new force of chaos was coming to the fore. The ultimate scary clown, as brought to terrifying life by Heath. We’d held nothing back, but there were things we hadn’t been able to do the first time out—a Batsuit with a flexible neck, shooting on Imax. And things we’d chickened out on—destroying the Batmobile, burning up the villain’s blood money to show a complete disregard for conventional motivation. We took the supposed security of a sequel as license to throw caution to the wind and headed for the darkest corners of Gotham.

I never thought we’d do a third—are there any great second sequels? But I kept wondering about the end of Bruce’s journey, and once David and I discovered it, I had to see it for myself. We had come back to what we had barely dared whisper about in those first days in my garage. We had been making a trilogy. I called everyone back together for another tour of Gotham. Four years later, it was still there. It even seemed a little cleaner, a little more polished. Wayne Manor had been rebuilt. Familiar faces were back—a little older, a little wiser . . . but not all was as it seemed.

Gotham was rotting away at its foundations. A new evil bubbling up from beneath. Bruce had thought Batman was not needed anymore, but Bruce was wrong, just as I had been wrong. The Batman had to come back. I suppose he always will.

Michael, Morgan, Gary, Cillian, Liam, Heath, Christian . . . Bale. Names that have come to mean so much to me. My time in Gotham, looking after one of the greatest and most enduring figures in pop culture, has been the most challenging and rewarding experience a filmmaker could hope for. I will miss the Batman. I like to think that he’ll miss me, but he’s never been particularly sentimental.

A true storyteller. Do everything by the rules, yet make it different enough that people are held captive by what is being told.
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #421
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Ledgers death surely had a role into TKD being a better ovie than this, not tryna take away what he did, which was an amazing performance, but this movie was too fucking amazing... I'm lost for words
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #422
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #423
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Sorry... had to do it...

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #424
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
batman the animated series was fuckin awesome
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #425
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

How about a separate spoilers/discussion thread?

I haven't watched it yet, just wondering if it's worth it to go watch IMAX?
ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote