REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   U-Pass program, VCC & Douglas (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635577-u-pass-program-vcc-douglas.html)

miky 01-19-2011 09:23 PM

U-Pass program, VCC & Douglas

Im a Douglas College student.
There was a vote about Douglas having U-passes last fall semester.
However I have not heard anything yet after that.

Back in early 2010, I have registered in VCC as a student and I have a student ID and everything. I got accepted into a program, however I chose Douglas at the end.

Just now I have received an email about VCC students having U-passes in March 2011. It looks like this:

STEPS:

1. Smile: You will need to get a NEW magnetized student ID card that is readable by special U-Pass machines. These cards are free and available from Photo ID services. Photo ID services has added two more student ID machines on each campus:

Broadway campus, event space, Mon. – Thurs. from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Downtown campus, foyer, Mon. – Thurs. from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

2. Pay: You need to pay for their U-Pass online at myVCC or in person at a cashier starting Jan. 31.

3. Ride: You are almost there, take your new magnetized student ID card to one of the U-Pass machines, starting Feb. 18. U-Pass machines will be set up in the Registrar’s Office at both campuses.

Is this illegal if I get the U-Pass at VCC and I go to Douglas?
Has anyone done something similar to this?
Or is this common without me realizing it?..

Thanks for any replies!

CRS 01-19-2011 10:21 PM

How do you plan on getting a Upass when you aren't registered at VCC?

Gt-R R34 01-19-2011 10:55 PM

gotta pay for it..they'll check your Student # for courses.

miky 01-21-2011 11:16 PM

apparently Douglas will have the upass coming before summer...

to CRS: I am registered in the school. Paid money for that shit.

to GT: So I guess after they check my courses is nil. Then its not possible for me to get the upass..?

CRS 01-22-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miky (Post 7274769)
apparently Douglas will have the upass coming before summer...

to CRS: I am registered in the school. Paid money for that shit.

to GT: So I guess after they check my courses is nil. Then its not possible for me to get the upass..?

Yes.

Also, there is a difference between being accepted into a school/program than registering.

tomiesto 02-02-2011 09:25 PM

Douglas is getting a U-Pass?

awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaa!! can anyone confirm/deny this?

wingies 02-03-2011 11:35 PM

upass is fucking gay, mandatory for everyone to pay even if you drive makes it retarded