REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Best Car Wiki?

I'm on the lookout for a really good car wiki.

Over time, the scooter forum I frequent has gathered a rather large collection of knowledge and info. However, it is very chaotic in the form of forum posts, getting it all sorted out is long overdue.
I'm in the process of creating a wiki for my scooter (Aprilia SR50) but I'm really a mechanical newb. I have an idea what info I want down right now, but not really how it should scale up.
I'd like your expertise in locating what you consider a really good car model wiki.

Here are some things I was thinking about:
Because the Aprilia SR50 utilizes a bit more "cutting edge" tech for scooters, there's a couple quirks, so, I'd like a section focusing on troubleshooting.
An FAQ section to help newbs to this model get up to speed would help keep the forums a little tidier as well.

Here's some of the categories I was thinking of including:
Overview
History
Technical Portion (engine, ignition, body, electronics)
Tuning Section (Beginner, Advanced, Expert, Future?)
Trouble Shooting
FAQ
Glossary
Spec Sheets

If you guys might point me to your own car-model wiki's, that'd already be a massive help.

thanks!
Advertisement