REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Flossing vs waterpik (or other water jets)

Anyone use a waterpik or some other type of water based floss alternative?

is it really as effective?

Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Founder, RS Veteran

I have a waterpik (old one). I don't really use it anymore. I would rather floss coz the waterpik is such a nuisance

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
good adjunct, but not a replacement. It's limited in its efficacy for the plaque underneath the gum.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
I have a waterpik (old one). I don't really use it anymore. I would rather floss coz the waterpik is such a nuisance
yeah flossing is wayyyyyy better, when I had braces I was lazy so I bought a waterpik, aside from being very loud and needing a charge every so often, it would splash water everywhere so I would have to do a wipe down on the mirror/sink every time as that is where I would use it. I also recall my ortho telling me the waterpik is not as thorough as flossing.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote