REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   INSIDIOUS - makers of Saw & Paranormal Activity (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635875-insidious-makers-saw-paranormal-activity.html)

Mr.Money 01-24-2011 05:51 AM

INSIDIOUS - makers of Saw & Paranormal Activity

Josh and Renai have three children, the oldest is ten-year-old Dalton. As they begin to settle into a new home, they experience strange noises and other unexplained phenomena. Soon Dalton is rushed to the hospital in a coma, suffering a severe head injury after falling in the attic. Months slip by, and the doctors still have no explanation for his continuing coma. When the boy is returned home under his mother's care, more frightening events occur in the home. The mother is so horrified that she moves the family to a another new home in hopes of leaving the fearful memories behind them.

The family quickly discovers that the haunting has nothing to do with their home. The supernatural outpouring is coming from their comatose son. Several scientific experts observe the son, the family and their home. They determine that Dalton is trapped on the other side in a dark world they call The Further. The parents team with the scientists to try to bring their boy back from The Further and save him from the clutches of a dark entity that hopes to claim him as his own. :devil:
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...ector-TIFF.jpg

boss604 01-24-2011 09:34 AM

story line sounds ok but kind of lame lol

K-Dub 03-17-2011 12:59 AM

Watched it at advance screening tonight.

The topic of the movie is definitely not typical or done before in the horror genre, and I really enjoyed it. The story very quickly builds and there are hints dropped throughout, but it was a wild goose chase at the end. Best seen in theatre imo.

James Wan & Leigh Whannel were approached by producers of Paranormal Activity and given free creative reign over the movie, so it's very close to the script that Leigh wrote and what James had envisioned.

They were also present and held a Q&A after the movie was over, and they made it for $800,000.... ONLY! And there's no cut scenes, and not even any blood..yet it's very intense for a PG-13 rated movie.

recommmmmended.

yogenfruz 03-18-2011 10:16 AM

Storyline sounds kind of similar to Poltergiest... I dunno, probably worth a view though.

6o4z 03-19-2011 05:13 PM

YESS .. finally, another decent horror movie out in theatres

dlo 04-03-2011 08:02 PM

heard its fuckin scary hahha, will watch soon

cliffhanger33 04-04-2011 12:23 AM

so down to watch, heard it was scariest shit ever

XtC_13aBy 04-04-2011 12:48 AM

im usually disappointed by horror movies nowadays, but this one did it for me :)

Ducdesmo 04-04-2011 08:36 AM

Gave me some chills and goosebumps. Also helps that prior to going in, I had no idea what this movie was about. Good movie. The ending was pretty freaky too.

Gumby 04-04-2011 09:20 AM

Just that pic above is giving me the heebie jeebies... :blueguy:

Araaadi 04-04-2011 09:20 AM

movie didn't disappoint. It was pretty freaky, and probably one of the best scary movies i've seen in years.

yogenfruz 04-04-2011 09:27 AM

I thought it was good, basically today's Poltergiest, but I wasn't kept awake because of it. The scariest thing in the entire movie was more the build up to the scares for me.

Spoiler!

palepilsenpin0y 04-05-2011 02:38 AM

Not gonna lie, it scared the living bajeebers out of me. Hands down, the scariest recent (western) horror movie of all time IMO. Loads of fun to watch!
Posted via RS Mobile

Calvinator 04-05-2011 06:26 PM

my friends said it was really good so i wanna it see it so badly now

6o4z 04-06-2011 08:19 PM

movie was very worth watching , and was one of the best horror movies i've watched in years

& make sure you take a piss BEFORE the movie ..
i had to go halfway through the movie and the spacious, empty washroom was fucking scary. i didn't want to look into the mirror

FN-2199 04-06-2011 08:24 PM

I'm normally never phased by scary movies, but this one really got me. Great horror flick! It's been a while since I've jumped form my seat.

quasi 04-08-2011 01:38 PM

Taking my wife to see this tonight, love horror movies.

quasi 04-08-2011 09:11 PM

I'm not sure if it's because my expectations were high but I thought it was just OK. I was also expecting it to be scary but there was only one spot I remember even jumping a little bit so didn't really find it scary, neither did my wife.

Shades 04-08-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 7381784)
I'm not sure if it's because my expectations were high but I thought it was just OK. I was also expecting it to be scary but there was only one spot I remember even jumping a little bit so didn't really find it scary, neither did my wife.

Same, I saw it before reading any reviews and I thought it was underwhelming.

boss604 04-08-2011 10:34 PM

did anyone else notice jigsaw on the chalk board when he was in the class room LOL !

Vansterdam 04-09-2011 05:34 AM

^yup

lol ending was good

movie was whack

Vansterdam 04-09-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes (Post 7374650)
I thought it was good, basically today's Poltergiest, but I wasn't kept awake because of it. The scariest thing in the entire movie was more the build up to the scares for me.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ed99 04-25-2011 05:12 PM

Can't wait to check out this scary movie. My friend just watched it over the weekend and said it was a pretty creepy scary movie.
Posted via RS Mobile

sliq 04-26-2011 06:34 AM

http://www.$$$$$$$$$$.com/?d=ACM97L24

StylinRed 04-26-2011 05:15 PM

^^^sliq u could get banned for doing that

and movie was good havent had that many creepy/scare moments in years

They did a good job with just $1.5million but i wish they had a higher budget

chicks in the theatre were screaming people i went to see it with didn't like it but still found it creepy/scary (so that doesnt make sense lol)

overall quite good