REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Confused about road test (https://www.revscene.net/forums/636745-confused-about-road-test.html)

BubbleTea 02-02-2011 09:56 PM

Confused about road test

Hi guys, i was wandering if anyone could shed some light on this as i've been looking around and havent been able to find an answer. I want to go back for my class 7 and the test is booked and my parents already know. Unfortunately my parents are both going to be out of the country and they wont be able to take me. so while they are out it would be useful to have my N so i can take my brothers and i on our usual errands. Can i still take the test without my parents their? Like use our car (im on the insurance) and have my cousin (who is 30 years old) accompany me their in the same car? Or will they send me packing because i need my mom or dad? Thanks in advance.

Brandon

s300ae 02-02-2011 10:18 PM

does you cousin have a valid license? if so, it doesnt matter who takes you as long as you get there legally.

cityvanluder 02-02-2011 10:19 PM

if you went once before you dont need them there again. /thread

Strzelec 02-02-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityvanluder (Post 7290452)
if you went once before you dont need them there again. /thread

Kind of hard to get there legally WITH a car with no parents (or at least a qualified supervisor).

!Tigger 02-02-2011 10:50 PM

if its class 7N you need someone to drive you down to the icbc center to take your test, a you cannot drive yourself, as long as your cousin has his class 5 you should be fine to use the car.

parm104 02-02-2011 10:51 PM

So long as you have a qualified supervisor with you in the car, you can take the test again. If they're not qualified, then you won't be able to move the car an inch, legally.

xpl0sive 02-03-2011 09:45 AM

here's the correct answer to your question.
if your cousin has his class 5 and is 25 yrs or older, you can drive the car to ICBC with him in the car acting as supervisor. If he is not over 25, he is cannot be your supervisor. He can drive you to the licensing center, and then you can take the test in his car with ICBC's instructor in the car with you, who then acts as your supervisor.

Dragon-88 02-03-2011 11:22 AM

You can have anyone with a valid drivers license take you down there use any car (hopefully your covered under their insurance, in this case your parents car is not a problem) If you fail buddy drives you home.. You pass you get to drive home... no problems there. Make sure all your lights work and not flats or badly curbed rims.. You will be sent back for that...

Mom and Dad already signed the paper when you got your L thats all you need them for...

BubbleTea 02-03-2011 05:51 PM

Awesome! thanks a lot you everyone. I was just confused because my cousin is 30, has a valid class 5, and he tried to take me to my written since my parents couldnt and they sent me home. Anyways question about tinting then. I looked at the MVA and they said the back can be tinted as long as the car is equipped with mirrors on the outside of the car. Is there a limit to how dark it can be?

s300ae 02-03-2011 07:21 PM

^^ no, i got limo tint and passed. as long as its not on the front windows you should be fine.

MindBomber 02-03-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 7291030)
You can have anyone with a valid drivers license take you down there use any car (hopefully your covered under their insurance, in this case your parents car is not a problem) If you fail buddy drives you home.. You pass you get to drive home... no problems there. Make sure all your lights work and not flats or badly curbed rims.. You will be sent back for that...

Mom and Dad already signed the paper when you got your L thats all you need them for...

I've had three road tests and not once did an instructor inspect my rims to make sure they hadn't been curbed..

Dragon-88 02-04-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7291973)
I've had three road tests and not once did an instructor inspect my rims to make sure they hadn't been curbed..

Happened to a buddy 2 weeks ago.. But the rim was pretty curbed w/ a bit of side flap on the tire.

baggdis300 02-07-2011 11:16 AM

Yeah if side wall is damaged then tire is not safe to be used

Tint is legal
As long it's behind the driver
Posted via RS Mobile