REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   "White" tooth filling (https://www.revscene.net/forums/637260-white-tooth-filling.html)

guddagudd 02-09-2011 02:38 PM

"White" tooth filling

Hi, I was at my dentist 3 weeks ago and they did a filling for a cavity I had. Now fast forward like 5 days, the tooth that received the filling started hurting every time I eat with it, so I booked another appointment and ate with the other side, left side, only. Now fast forward to now, I have had 2 cavity fillings on the right side of my mouth, one on top and one on the bottom. I cannot eat my right side at all, as any contact with food will cause pain and even drinking cold water causes pain. I ask my doctor and he tells me it is because of the "white" tooth filling they use.

Does anyone have a white tooth filling and can vouch for this? I don't recall ever having trouble eating after filling in cavities. Thanks!

cho 02-09-2011 03:00 PM

i have white fillings for all of mine
no pain at all, maybe your dentist sucks =\

guddagudd 02-09-2011 04:06 PM

That's what I think too LOL, he says it's because white tooth fillings are more prone to sensitivity but when I asked why, he doesn't really give me a straight answer.

He also denied working on my right bottom tooth 3 weeks ago, because he didn't record any work. What if he legitimately fucked up my teeth, how can I prove he worked on my bottom tooth if he denies having ever worked on it?

ruthless 02-09-2011 10:18 PM

ive had both types of fillings done and no pain at all...your dentist sucks lol
you dun goof'd

twitchyzero 02-09-2011 10:40 PM

^ wow nice avatar

OP: it really depends how deep your cavity was..and what type of resin composite (white) filling was used.

Are you sure he gave you fillings on the bottom? Unless you go to a very shady dentist there's no reason to lie about that at all.

kalekain 02-10-2011 09:34 AM

Might need a root canel if the cavity got very deep.

guddagudd 02-10-2011 10:40 AM

Yea, he did mention that if I experience throbbing pain even when I'm not eating, I should call him for a root canal. I'm really scared to have him give me the root canal though...

@twitchyzero: ..., yes i'm sure he gave me a filling on the bottom tooth.

kalekain 02-10-2011 03:19 PM

I'm sure you can find someone here to give you a root canel for free!!! :D

lowside67 02-10-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guddagudd (Post 7299088)
That's what I think too LOL, he says it's because white tooth fillings are more prone to sensitivity but when I asked why, he doesn't really give me a straight answer.

He also denied working on my right bottom tooth 3 weeks ago, because he didn't record any work. What if he legitimately fucked up my teeth, how can I prove he worked on my bottom tooth if he denies having ever worked on it?

How did you pay? This seems like a pretty easy way to verify work being performed...

twitchyzero 02-10-2011 09:45 PM

check your invoice
i'd say majority of the time patients are just completely clueless and accuse health professionals over nothing.

Lomac 02-10-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guddagudd (Post 7300186)
Yea, he did mention that if I experience throbbing pain even when I'm not eating, I should call him for a root canal. I'm really scared to have him give me the root canal though...

Your dentist should have done a quick x-ray to determine how deep the cavity went. If it had reached the roots, or even near the roots, he should have brought up the option of possibly getting a root canal and crown done instead of just a quick drill and cover.

All of my fillings are white and I've never had any pain in my mouth as a result of them.

guddagudd 02-21-2011 11:51 AM

Ok, it has been approximately a week and the two teeth that was worked on are still very sensitive. What are my options at the moment? I've been back to the dentists so many times, and the problem still persists. Should I go to a different clinic?

To Lomac, there was an X-ray done during the first visit and the nurse informed me I had 3 cavities, and the fucked up thing is, the cavities they noticed did not include the one they had quickly worked on that day. It was only after me bringing up the fact that my bottom right teeth had minor sensitivity from eating, that's when the doctor said, "oh there is another cavity we did not discover during the x-ray," and proceeded to work on it.

cho 02-21-2011 11:53 AM

i had a cavity once and my tooth rotted and half of it fell off,
had to get a tooth replaced, now fuck that hurt.

RevSceen 04-24-2011 09:54 PM

If it has been a week already, and it is still hurting you. I highly suggest you go back to your dentist or another one (if if makes you feels better) and take a x-ray on it to see what is happening. If the cavity was too deep (close to the pulp) then you might need a root canal instead of just a filling. But of course it is possible that it's due to poor technique of the dentist too (I am not saying it is since I do not have your x-ray). Btw white filling is call composite resin.