REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   question about licences suspened (https://www.revscene.net/forums/637613-question-about-licences-suspened.html)

da-suu 02-13-2011 08:22 PM

question about licences suspened

how many times can u get ur licences suspended with ur N? just curious

Soundy 02-13-2011 09:31 PM

As many times as you choose not to follow the rules.

gars 02-13-2011 09:47 PM

Are you asking how many times they'll suspend you before they give up and stop suspending you? or how many times they'll suspend you till they take your licence away permanently?

I think the length of suspensions will go up the more you chose not to follow the rules...

FerrariEnzo 02-13-2011 11:01 PM

you will stay in your N forever!

RevRav 02-13-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7304452)
you will stay in your N forever!

Hopefully that's not true....and they get suspended and off the road forever instead.

TheNewGirl 02-14-2011 07:12 AM

If you get repeated offenses they'll pull your license for YEARS rather then months.

da-suu 02-14-2011 01:10 PM

oh, what i mean was how many times can u get suspended till they take it away and u have to do it all over again, like do ur L test , then N road test.

TheNewGirl 02-14-2011 01:28 PM

It's not a number of times. It will depend on your case history. When you've got your N once you're on probation they look at your infractions against your case history and decide on the punishment. They reserve the right to revoke your license at any time while you have your N once you've been on probation.

da-suu 02-14-2011 01:36 PM

ahh i see , im starting to get it. ok lets say u get a speeding ticket once, and u get suspended for 3 months. then u get a ticket with over passenger. thats 2 months. then u get another speeding ticket. and say u get 4 months ? that sound about right ? or am i wrong

hc529 02-14-2011 01:39 PM

The 2nd and 3rd suspension are usually longer then ur 1st suspension.
Posted via RS Mobile

baggdis300 02-14-2011 04:07 PM

usually goes, 1-3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and so on.

and honestly you should of been disputing your tickets, you can go to your road test with tickets in dispute.

its what i did and how it was possible for me to get my class 5, now if i have to get suspended its not like they can take away my class.

corollagtSr5 02-14-2011 04:37 PM

lol I did the exact same thing. Disputed, took my class 5, went to court, won my dispute and never got suspended again. In experience, I've got suspended 3 times, on my N, almost 4 times. In the good old days, it went 1 month first time, 2 months second time, 3 months the 3rd time, and 4 months the 4th time, but i disputed the ticket for the 4th time and won. Oh and if you get busted driving while your suspended, your suspension becomes longer. Also if your caught 3 times driving suspended, you go to jail. I had a friend serve time because of this.

gars 02-14-2011 06:38 PM

You guys sure are being great role models :P

It's always interesting to hear about people who have been suspended multiple times - because really - it just shows that they're not learning. Maybe I'm just the goody two shoes that has never gotten a ticket - but I was also the goody two shoes that knew if I had ever gotten a ticket WHILE I had my N, and was driving my PARENT'S car, I wouldn't be driving again till I moved out of the house and could afford to buy my own car. Thank god for strict parents!

I also knew someone who drove multiple times while suspended. Being the rich spoiled idiot he was - he (read: his parents) hired a lawyer to fight it, and he only had to pay a fine - on top of the $8k he paid in lawyer fees.

Soundy 02-14-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da-suu (Post 7304989)
ahh i see , im starting to get it. ok lets say u get a speeding ticket once, and u get suspended for 3 months. then u get a ticket with over passenger. thats 2 months. then u get another speeding ticket. and say u get 4 months ? that sound about right ? or am i wrong

This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7304974)
It's not a number of times. It will depend on your case history. When you've got your N once you're on probation they look at your infractions against your case history and decide on the punishment. They reserve the right to revoke your license at any time while you have your N once you've been on probation.

There is no set punishment for a set number of instances.

baggdis300 02-14-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7305446)
You guys sure are being great role models :P

It's always interesting to hear about people who have been suspended multiple times - because really - it just shows that they're not learning. Maybe I'm just the goody two shoes that has never gotten a ticket - but I was also the goody two shoes that knew if I had ever gotten a ticket WHILE I had my N, and was driving my PARENT'S car, I wouldn't be driving again till I moved out of the house and could afford to buy my own car. Thank god for strict parents!

lucky for me, i worked summer of grade 11, and bought my own car and then got another job after school to pay for insurance/gas

not my fault for the government to creating a loophole, if there is one i will use it.

zulutango 02-15-2011 05:57 AM

I'm sure you would feel the same way if someone who trashed your car, got off because of a "loophole". :\

TheNewGirl 02-15-2011 06:06 AM

I think the loophole seriously needs to be closed. For crying out loud, STOP GETTING TICKETS.

Dragon-88 02-15-2011 08:06 AM

Yeah its not hard at all to NOT get a ticket... Your a straight dumbass if you get constant tickets.. Got my license suspended for 3 monthes waited it out and never got a ticket ever again.. Now I have my class 5 and get to laugh at all the N Drivers out there.
And honestly cops arent hard to spot, the only reason you cant spot them is cause your driving faster than your eyes can handle...

hc529 02-15-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 7306045)
Yeah its not hard at all to NOT get a ticket... Your a straight dumbass if you get constant tickets.. Got my license suspended for 3 monthes waited it out and never got a ticket ever again.. Now I have my class 5 and get to laugh at all the N Drivers out there.
And honestly cops arent hard to spot, the only reason you cant spot them is cause your driving faster than your eyes can handle...

Exact same situation as me, got suspended 3months, waited it out, got my license back, drove like grandma for 2yrs, went to get my class 5, now I haven't gotten a ticket ever since. And don't drive like a douche.
Posted via RS Mobile