REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Stolen bag!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/637686-stolen-bag.html)

genesis195 02-14-2011 03:47 PM

Stolen bag!!!

Someone just stool my sister's bag. She only has a wallet with $50 some dollars, so nothing really important. However the bag has sentimental value as well as the wallet... more importantly (value wise) her iphone was in there as well.

I've never had my wallet and what not stolen.. only lost. So i'm not sure what to do. It's clear someone took it. Should i inform the police?
Please help.

My sister tried calling her phone and apparently someone picked up only to hang up seconds later. I then tried calling with my phone and her phone was turned off.

Might be stupid move but i asked to meet up and "make a deal" to get it back....

the_rickster 02-14-2011 04:14 PM

if you stole someone's bag, would you meet up with them to return it... even for a no questions asked reward?

not saying it was a dumb idea or anything, it's worth a try at this point... just unlikely.

even though the police aren't going to help much, you SHOULD call it in. having it on record could help in the future (say your sis gets her identity stolen, or a guy is caught in the same area doing the same thing, etc).

i got roped in to reffing at the road hockey tournament at metrotown last summer.. right before the start of one of the games, i looked over and my bag was gone. i had my wallet (credit cards, cash, id), cell phone, car keys, clothing, etc. i panicked.., told some people around me, gave a description, and the two dudes ran in opposite directions. about a minute later one of them came back with my bag. apparently one of the participants took it by mistake. i was happy that i got it back, but you never know. ever since then, i pack really light and keep my stuff close to me.

insomniac 02-14-2011 04:14 PM

call her phones service provider i think there gps to track down the phone.. but the phone is turned off so i dont think you can anymore eh?
call anyways to cancel the plan

not sure if you should call the police tho.. some mod can possibly move this thread to the police forum?

genesis195 02-14-2011 04:32 PM

sorry for posting this thread in the wrong forum.. Kinda =/ right now. ya i figured it would be dumb to "meet up" but might as well try. Anyways. My sister doesnt' have any credit cards or id's that the guy could identity theft it. all she has is my scene card (i dont think you can pull anything from that..), and cash. But thanks for suggesting it.
I just called rogers and canceled her plan and all that stuff. Also asked about the gps thing (was hoping it would be like the movies lol) but since the phone's turned off no luck tracking it.

My mom said the police would be useless but I'll call it in as well just for the records i guess..

Oh yeah.. this was at the arcade in metrotown, surprise surprise...

dignatas 02-14-2011 05:13 PM

don't know why your sister leave a bag on the floor in CHQ for a second. No doubt trouble makers steal and do stupid shit in there. Should of carried it the whole time and I am sure it got stolen while taking group pics and left it hanging on the side under the curtains huh?

RevRav 02-14-2011 07:09 PM

If it was stolen at CHQ at Metro, you're better off contacting Metro's Security than phoning the police. They should have some security camera's recording the guy leave the scene.

But as far as finding the guy......that's another story.

TheNewGirl 02-14-2011 07:14 PM

You need to call her phone provider ASAP and have her phone marked as stolen. Also her bank (if she had debit or credit cards) to report them stolen and the providers of any other cards she might have (drivers license, MSP, Social insurance) as all of these need to be flagged for id theft. You also need to call the police and report everything in the case that someone does steal her ID in the future, so you have the case file to refer to when she's trying to salvage her credit history.

TOPEC 02-15-2011 01:18 PM

^u didn't read ANY of the replies did u?
Posted via RS Mobile