REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #326
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
why would you not watch the canucks game
score much yesterday? LOL I'm surprised you guys let the mongrels score 6 on you guys
Advertisement
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #327
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

blueg2 lit it up last night.. jeez just saw stats
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #328
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
score much yesterday? LOL I'm surprised you guys let the mongrels score 6 on you guys

A couple of goals were pretty flukey..

Ya, they had decent breakouts and their forwards weren't all that bad. They made me work on D and everytime I got lazy, I was caught flatfooted.. they aren't a bad team by any means.. Their goaltending was a bit sketch but other than that, they were shortbenched but played well imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
I think we are going to get bumped up to Brass... might as well pad the stats.. I am just glad I finally got some assists.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #329
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
Must be the girdle I sold him...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #330
Mod.

played against lord of the rinks today, and man that was probably the chippiest game i've ever played in. no fights or anything like that but it was a pretty rough game out there
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #331
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Playing against RevYouUp's team today, hopefully we actually win
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #332
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
how are they choosing the all star game goalies? our tier is really tight!
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #333
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
played against lord of the rinks today, and man that was probably the chippiest game i've ever played in. no fights or anything like that but it was a pretty rough game out there
We played BHLC right before you guys. #21 on their team is fuckin nuts. He dangled by 4 of our players, he didn't score though but he's crazy. He's tops in the div. Sam is #2

RK # NAME Team GP G A PTS PIM PP SH GWG PPGA
1 21 Isaac Chong BHLC 12 13 14 27 2 0 0 1 2.25
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #334
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
We played BHLC right before you guys. #21 on their team is fuckin nuts. He dangled by 4 of our players, he didn't score though but he's crazy. He's tops in the div. Sam is #2

lol it's zinc 1 man
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #335
Mod.

Quote:

lol if you've played ice hockey then he's quite familiar. I know his older brother and them plus their other youngest brother are all sick hockey players.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #336
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Playing against RevYouUp's team today, hopefully we actually win

you guys destoyed us lol but we had no goalie =[ almost made a comeback..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #337

Quote:
lol if you've played ice hockey then he's quite familiar. I know his older brother and them plus their other youngest brother are all sick hockey players.
Yeah one of the guys on my team plays ice and he was like he plays hockey and is sick.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #338
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
you guys destoyed us lol but we had no goalie =[ almost made a comeback..
Who was your goalie? I felt bad for the guy
btw I think I seen your car, red integra with a revscene sticker. Nice
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #339

Hey ryan9939 can you chime in on this?
We had to play with no goalie because one of our skaters on the roster had to play goalie(because our #1 goalie is injured). But the refs said we're not allowed to do this because he is not registered as a goalie. He said something about the roster freeze date (June 1) and insurance not covering our fowards insurance as a goalie.. But the thing is, from June 1 and on wards we had multiple players on our team playing as goalie..Sorry if this is confusing as fk lol..Is this a new rule or something? I don't see anything about this on the vihl website..

edit: I found this on their website..interesting..that ref fcked us over. Im pretty sure the ref wanted to go home early because if the other team had a 6 goal lead he said he will end the game..

"Do I need to register twice if I am playing as a skater and goalie on the same team?

If you normally play as a skater and you are playing a game as a goalie or vice versa, there is no need to register again. Just make sure that it is clearly indicated on the gamesheet prior to the game and we will make sure it gets recorded properly in the stats system."

Last edited by RevYouUp; 06-17-2011 at 01:17 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #340
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
that refs a dick and fucked us over.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #341

I emailed them and they said this..

Yes. That is correct. The scorekeeper is actually supposed to call in that there is a skater playing as a goalie or vice versa. As long as the player is on your roster already. I will remind refs and scorekeepers of this so it is clear in the future

Regards

WE even told the ref that the goalie is a full time player registered as a skater..hes like "nope he has to be registered as a goalie" soooo effing pissed we drove all the way to north van @10:55 for this crap to happen..
Old 06-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #342
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

sucks! but yeah players can play goalie and vice versa... thats the new rule this year... who was the refs?
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #343
Mod.

Quote:
WE even told the ref that the goalie is a full time player registered as a skater..hes like "nope he has to be registered as a goalie" soooo effing pissed we drove all the way to north van @10:55 for this crap to happen..
who was the ref? you should make a complaint to the league
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #344

Quote:
I emailed them and they said this..

Yes. That is correct. The scorekeeper is actually supposed to call in that there is a skater playing as a goalie or vice versa. As long as the player is on your roster already. I will remind refs and scorekeepers of this so it is clear in the future

Regards

damn that sucks man. I hate the north van rink, so damn far
Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #345
Mod.

Quote:
damn that sucks man. I hate the north van rink, so damn far
see you tuesday....maybe

you beat us again and you're banned

97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #346

The ref was ryan9939 on rs!

Last edited by RevYouUp; 06-18-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #347
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by !Nhan; 06-19-2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: personal reasons
Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #348
I don't get it

Guys, here is the situation regarding players being goalies. In fact, here is the memo refs and scorekeepers all received (well the significant part at least).

"To all scorekeepers, rosters are now frozen so no write-ins should be allowed. Teams will be notified that if they need an emergency goalie, they will have to clear it with the league ahead of time. Please continue to notify Bryan by email (bryan@vihl.net) about any teams playing without a goalie so that they can be fined or any skaters playing as a goalie or vice versa."

As soon as the scorekeeper noticed that the person in net wasn't a registered goalie for your team, I had to enforce the rule I was told to enforce, and not let him play. The scorekeeper brought it to our attention, not the other way around. I asked someone on your team wearing an A if they had cleared it with the league first, and they responded "no" (I don't know who it was, and I did ask for the captain, but was told he wasn't there...fine). As a result, it is my job to enforce the rules, as they're written, and not make them up by what I feel is "fair". It's about consistency! If it was up to me, he would have played with no issue since he was on the roster. I don't think it should matter whether a skater is playing as a goalie as long as he is on the roster. Again, I don't make the rules, and that's one rule I certainly don't agree with. After that game, I spoke with Bryan, as we work very closely discussing a large range of league matters, and a new memo was sent out regarding this issue:

"A player who is registered to a team "IS" allowed to play goalie for that team for the game... goalies however are not allowed to play player.... there has been some confusion on that.. hope this clears it up... thanks"

So the fact is referees/scorekeepers received conflicting information on this rule within a 3 day span. We received that last memo today after a couple other incidents at other rinks regarding the same issue the other night.

It sucks that it happened, and it's not what anyone wanted, even the refs, but it's just one of the rules that even I didn't agree with, and I'm glad that today it was clarified. Unfortunately, I know that doesn't change what happened yesterday though. It was a stupid rule, just like an accidental high stick causing blood being an automatic game misconduct... Horrible rule, but it exists and I've had to enforce it, several times, even though it makes my stomach churn. I feel the game misconduct aspect of it should be at the referee's discretion, and I hate having to call it. My goal is to make sure games go smoothly, that they're reffed consistently by the book, and that they're fair.

Let me make one thing clear, before you go discrediting my ability, let me give you some background information about myself:

a) I have been playing recreational inline hockey every year for the last 15 years
b) I have been involved in this league since year 1 as a player (2004), and shortly thereafter got my NIHA certification to be a ref (2005).
c) I have played in Silver and Gold for the last 5 years as a player (both defense and forward)
d) I'm a top level ref in this league, and am only 1 of a small few who are qualified to referee top level games at Karen Magnussen (which are the majority of the games that I do ref).
e) I have reffed more games this year than any other referee, and have done about 150 games so far this season.

And you know what? This is the first complaint that I've received over the last 2 years! To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit because I enforced the rule that I was told to enforce! Some guys ref 20-30 games a season and will get multiple complaints! I'm pretty confident in my ability to call a game properly.

Thrilla, before you go running your mouth, I'd love to hear your qualifications and hockey experience. You can call me a retard all you want, but in case you're interested, I have a degree in Business Administration from SFU, have a well paying job, own my own condo in the lower Lonsdale area of North Vancouver (and no, I was not Powered by Mom), as well as run my own IT business on the side. I don't think that sounds too retarded, but lets hear your story?

Anyway, I'm sorry your team lost the way they did. It's not what I wanted, but it's what I was told to do by my employer, at the time. If you have any further issues you want to discuss, I'd be more than willing.

I don't check this thread too often but please PM me if you want me to respond to anything.

Last edited by ryan9939; 06-18-2011 at 12:55 AM.
ryan9939 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #349

Alright thanks for clearing things up Ryan.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #350
I don't get it

Quote:
Alright thanks for clearing things up Ryan.
No problem. I spoke with Bryan again today and it seems like he's going to try to have a redo for your game which is good news. Hopefully your real goalie will be in for that one :P , and again, I apologize for the confusion.
ryan9939 is offline   Reply With Quote