REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #151
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
haha I'm like the opposite. Half the guys on my Brass 2 team belong there, and then theres me who belongs in Iron or Zinc. It all depends on if your team is full of friends or not, which most teams in lower divs are
haha that was like me in the iron division last year, so embarrassing
Advertisement
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #152
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
haha I'm like the opposite. Half the guys on my Brass 2 team belong there, and then theres me who belongs in Iron or Zinc. It all depends on if your team is full of friends or not, which most teams in lower divs are
GG yesterday. Same went nuts
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #153
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
GG yesterday. Same went nuts
lol on both ends of the score sheet haha. yeah GG I hsoulda threatened you guys with a ban so you wouldn't try as hard haha. we'll see you guys again.
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #154
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
I was supposed to light it up on our team as a "ringer" Too bad I goof off too much and amount to nothing..and then old age hit and I got slower...lol.

BTW, Nhan, why did you stop playing for us? or were you only a sub?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
damn it why is every team in zinc 1 so beast..everyone can skate like beasts on all the teams we've played
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #156
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Do your full time goalies play for free? Our goalie seems to think so but I thought that was only for drop in or last minute sub as a favor kind of scenarios.
TylerY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #157
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
i have never charged a goalie..nor have i had to pay as a goalie
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #158
Mod.

Goalies always play for free. I've never heard of a goalie paying to play on a team
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #159
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Trout lake is such a nice rink, harry jerome......not so much.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #160
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerY View Post
Do your full time goalies play for free? Our goalie seems to think so but I thought that was only for drop in or last minute sub as a favor kind of scenarios.
I had never heard of this as well, but I guess it makes sense considering it can be hard to find a committed goalie.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
damn it why is every team in zinc 1 so beast..everyone can skate like beasts on all the teams we've played
What team do you play for? not everyone in zinc 1 is a good skater. I've seen a ton of guys bail. We have a few weaker skaters on our team.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #162

The shockers we're playing you on Tuesday..what # are you im #8 lol. We have atleast 6 guys that started skating this year. Teambag, Beasts and The Jets have no business playing zinc 1..all of their players could skate pretty good.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #163
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
What team do you play for? not everyone in zinc 1 is a good skater. I've seen a ton of guys bail. We have a few weaker skaters on our team.
Posted via RS Mobile
You're one of them
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #164

Hey guys, I have a technical question.

When I bought my blades a few weeks ago, I tried them out right away and found that they were quite 'slow'. It felt like with each stride, there was resistance. Even at very low speeds or just gliding, I noticed that they would slow down much faster then usual.

Then when I would go all out it would get much worse and my body/legs woudl get ahead of my feet sometimes because there was so much resistance in the wheels/bearings.

First thing I did was buy new wheels/bearings because I though it would fix it. I basically just went for the most expensive stuff I could find cuz I figured it would solve my problem. But it hasn't.

My wheels are 74a, 72-72-76-76mm Labeda something rather. And Bearings are bsb abec 9. I also have solid spacers I'm using.

Is there somethign I'm missing here? Some sort of special lube? Are my screws not tight enough??

ANy help would be great tia.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #165

I had labeda grippers come with my skates and they blew, i switched up to hyper pro 250's. I saw improvement and I havnt even bothered using spacers with them. if your interested im most likely selling the ones i bought for this season as it looks like my season ended within 5mins lol.

Last edited by dbaz; 05-01-2011 at 11:54 PM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #166
Mod.

Could be your wheels are too soft, or that they just suck lol. If the screws aren't tight enough then you'd hear a click everytime you step. Possibly the wheels are what's slowing you down, as abec 9 bearings are pretty good.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #167

hmm I've tried both my current wheels/the bauer ones that came with them... any suggestions to wheels that will be ultra fast lol
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #168
Mod.

Dunno lol maybe it's your bearings? try spinning them see how long they go for
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #169

yeaa theres much more resistance than ice for sure..It feels like I cant get that extra burst of speed in
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #170

^My old roller blades didn't seem to do this I got rid of them though a couple months ago.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #171
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Dunno lol maybe it's your bearings? try spinning them see how long they go for
I don't think that's very effective, I think you need a load on the bearings to judge it's effectiveness..

I love Zinc I ..... everyone fucking bails outta no where it's so funny to see...

GO BC BUDS!
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #172
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Hey guys, I have a technical question.

When I bought my blades a few weeks ago, I tried them out right away and found that they were quite 'slow'. It felt like with each stride, there was resistance. Even at very low speeds or just gliding, I noticed that they would slow down much faster then usual.

Then when I would go all out it would get much worse and my body/legs woudl get ahead of my feet sometimes because there was so much resistance in the wheels/bearings.

First thing I did was buy new wheels/bearings because I though it would fix it. I basically just went for the most expensive stuff I could find cuz I figured it would solve my problem. But it hasn't.

My wheels are 74a, 72-72-76-76mm Labeda something rather. And Bearings are bsb abec 9. I also have solid spacers I'm using.

Is there somethign I'm missing here? Some sort of special lube? Are my screws not tight enough??

ANy help would be great tia.
shouldn't you be using 76-76-80-80 for mission hi-lo? bigger wheels r slightly better I think
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
The shockers we're playing you on Tuesday..what # are you im #8 lol. We have atleast 6 guys that started skating this year. Teambag, Beasts and The Jets have no business playing zinc 1..all of their players could skate pretty good.
I'm #3. Being able to skate good doesn't mean that you shouldn't be in the div. What if you're a crazy skater but suck at stick handling, can't shoot, can't play d, and can't score. Being a good skater definitely helps but is nothing if you can't do the other things.

Some of the teams in our div like the seamen and beasts have played with each other in previous seasons. We got killed by the beasts our first game because 90% of our team had never played organised hockey before. It's really all about positioning. If you can get that down then you should be ok.

EDIT: Looks like The Jets got bumped up. I noticed there's 2 other teams in the Zinc 1 div now as well and looks like your team got bumped down to Zinc 2. We're still playing you tomorrow though

Quote:
You're one of them
haha yes my skating is weak.....

Quote:
Could be your wheels are too soft, or that they just suck lol. If the screws aren't tight enough then you'd hear a click everytime you step. Possibly the wheels are what's slowing you down, as abec 9 bearings are pretty good.

I'm using abec 9's and love them

Last edited by hotjoint; 05-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #174
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
hmm I've tried both my current wheels/the bauer ones that came with them... any suggestions to wheels that will be ultra fast lol
uh...are you overtightening? Because that will cause the wheel to not spin as freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renxo View Post
shouldn't you be using 76-76-80-80 for mission hi-lo? bigger wheels r slightly better I think
72/76 is fine, it just allows a skater to carry more speed into turns. I use the same setup. Not reccomended for newer skaters though...I think
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #175
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
man, why don't the old bauer screws sets not fit in the newer aluminum spacers??? wtf.?!! the bolts are too fat for the spacers... #%$#@%$#@..
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote