REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #601
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Speaking of ringers, there was this one team with a ringer. He must've played up to jr B or something close to it. The team was him. Their plan of attack was literally, pass the puck to superstar any chance you get and he will do the rest. We beat that team 6-5, he scored all 5 goals, 4 of them were unassisted.

And no, I'm not talking about JGresch either...lol

It isn't always the ringers fault on these low divs. Part of the problem lies on the other players as well. When the team starts to rely on the ringer too much to score goals and win them games, they are at fault too.
Damn what team was that again?? I remember playing against the guy. Super frusterating. Was it Liu?
Advertisement
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #602
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Do you not thoroughly read my posts man?
The players whom we have playing in higher divs aren't necessarily 'ringers'. Do they play in higher divs? Yes. Do they dominate in zinc or in the higher tier they are playing in? Definitely not.
I played in Iron 1 last year, but I fucking sucked. Would I still be considered a ringer? I hope not.
Our team has a hard time containing players because we are not that good, and every player on our team has a significant flaw (lol even our 'ringers'). I'm not knocking my own players but there is not one person on our team who looks out of place because their too good. We also have 3 females on our team, and lets be completely serious here..Whenever they are out there, it creates an automatic liability. This is why they would always be paired up with one of our best players. I'm not knocking every female player in the league, because there are some who actually play physical and can skate pretty well.

I can see how I came off as a whiny fuck, but seriously..When you're a noob like me, and a couple other players on my team. It gets frustrating seeing all these players dangling around everyone, taking bullet like slapshots from the point and scoring. While single handedly winning a game for their team..the shit gets agitating in this division.

I played against #10 in the allstar game and that guy is definitely a ringer who should be playing in a higher tier. The brown Bure

Look, you're complaining about guys playing in lower tiers that "deff" don't belong there. Your latest gripe is about #11 after losing to HYP. Conveniently #11 is a prime example of a ringer, but who were you complaining about last week? Who will it be after your next loss? You have been complaining since the beginning of the season. You come off as a tool that feels entitled to decide who's too good for what tier.

Not only do you come off as a whiny fuck, but you scoff at other leagues' remedies to this problem (VACHL drafting process). So you also come off as a dick.
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #603
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post
Look, you're complaining about guys playing in lower tiers that "deff" don't belong there. Your latest gripe is about #11 after losing to HYP. Conveniently #11 is a prime example of a ringer, but who were you complaining about last week? Who will it be after your next loss? You have been complaining since the beginning of the season. You come off as a tool that feels entitled to decide who's too good for what tier.

Not only do you come off as a whiny fuck, but you scoff at other leagues' remedies to this problem (VACHL drafting process). So you also come off as a dick.
i'm not complaining about my teammates. I'm proving a point of how we are a prime example of a zinc 2 team. Lots of noobs, flaws, can't slap shot properly etcetc..I'm pretty sure ringers piss everyone off to a certain extent, I just end up posting it on this site more frequently.

When I read you had to tryout for a bottom of the bottom rec team, I thought you had to try out as in be good enough to make it or some shit like that. The draft process can still hold some flaws though.

Now please get off my dick
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #604
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I thought I shut you down, then turns out you still got 7pts...lol! Fail on my part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Damn what team was that again?? I remember playing against the guy. Super frusterating. Was it Liu?
Oh right, totally forgot about the Lui brothers! That team was really just those 2 guys. No, the team Im talking about is Fobbernaughts. I think it was Cropley? That guy didnt forecheck, backcheck, hell, he did't check period! All he did was float at the redline and wait for passes. He would get the puck and then proceed to dangle 3 of us then pull some shootout move and score a goal. He did the Malik move on our goalie once and scored top corner.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #605
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post
I knew jayare604 was a dumbass, but I'm surprised that you would make the mistake of assuming that I'm on HYP as well. I guess his charm rubbed off on you.

You guys still have not answered me why your team of all teams is entitled to players that are capable of playing in higher tiers.

By jayare604's definition and complaints, wouldn't that mean guys that can play higher tiers are "ringers"? He seemed to be calling for tiers with strictly guys of that level. We all know that’s not going to happen. It's just not feasible for adult rec league where a group of friends with a skill level disparity but want to play together on the same team. I'm not going to tell you the other top scorers with the 2nd assists for points are ringers. That's not what I said. But with 8 guys in the top 25 in scoring surely the fuck your team can figure something out. Chicks scoring looks to be on par with the rest of the division. Can HYP be bumped up to a higher tier based on the performance of #11? Apparently not, since clearly they've been knocked all the way down to ZINC II from Chrome or so.
That is what jayare604 has been bitching and complaining about and which I came out to point out.
Maybe if your team spent less time complaining, then you can get your heads out of your asses to stop ONE GUY.
Case in point: ZINC I BC Buds: #10 is going beast mode night in and night out. Can he play in a higher div and by definition be considered a "ringer"? Arguably yes. But can he be contained by a team effort? Again, arguably yes.
I mistook your fanboy remarks about HYP as if you were part of their team. If you want to start calling me a moron, go ahead... You don't even know me, but hey, all the power to you tough guy.

Have you seen the players that are in higher tiers that play on Chicks? Just because a player plays in the higher tier, doesn't mean they can "play" in the higher tiers. With all do respect to all players on the Chicks, but they don't exactly stand out at all in their higher tiers.

Why do you keep looking at current playoff stats where gp are so low, it doesn't represent an actual average? With less than half the teams that even made the playoffs still playing, and the rest with about 2. Look at the regular season, and you will see that Chicks aren't even in the top 20 in pts.

I am not going to reply anymore to posts regarding zinc 2. I have better things to do like take a shit.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #606
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
for reasons that stay within our locker room
See you tonight?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #607
Big Drama Show

Regardless, this was a pretty fun season. I gotta admit, Sue-Ann is really good at managing teams.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #608
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
See you tonight?
i should be yes. don't disappoint.

Quote:
Regardless, this was a pretty fun season. I gotta admit, Sue-Ann is really good at managing teams.
she is also very annoying from the bench. when i played against her team in nickel 1 she was benched but man she was fucking loud. wanted to shoot the puck in that direction to shut her up
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #609
Big Drama Show

Quote:

she is also very annoying from the bench. when i played against her team in nickel 1 she was benched but man she was fucking loud. wanted to shoot the puck in that direction to shut her up
was she chirping you or playing coach?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #610
Mod.

playing coach. and it was the team that was chirpping. that game was just fucked cuz they were getting pissed
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #611

Quote:
I'll try not to
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #612
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Streetsweepers 8 - Mighty Ducks 3
6 point night yay, I guess I'm a ringer?

StreetSweepers vs Wizards semis if anyone still cares.

Last edited by FlyNvBaller; 07-29-2011 at 08:42 AM.
FlyNvBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #613

See you monday Nhan!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #614
Big Drama Show

Damn, HYP beat the chekkers and are gonna be playing lord of the rinks in the finals lol
hopefully they win, so we can say we lost to the zinc 2 champs
Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #615
I don't get it

Quote:
^What # are you on the shockers? were you the guy in the white helmet?
i'm the guy with the white helmet
Helga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #616

zinc 1 finals tonight at killarney, BC Buds Vs Burnaby Seamen 9:40PM!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #617
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

with all this ZINC talk i wish i was in Zinc lol.

Street sweepers vs Turtles Silver 2 finals
Old 08-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #618
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
zinc 1 finals tonight at killarney, BC Buds Vs Burnaby Seamen 9:40PM!
watched this game tonight, damn, zinc players are good
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #619
Mod.

that was a tough game tonight
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #620
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatman View Post
where were you sitting?
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatman View Post
Which players did you think were good?

Quote:
that was a tough game tonight
Yeah tough game bro. Finally scored on your goalie . On a 3 game goal scoring streak. Hoping to make it 4. See you weds!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #622
Mod.

Quote:
Yeah tough game bro. Finally scored on your goalie . On a 3 game goal scoring streak. Hoping to make it 4. See you weds!
Don't think i'm going to be playing tomorrow. tweaked my arm when i landed on it yesterday late in the game
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #623

Quote:
Don't think i'm going to be playing tomorrow. tweaked my arm when i landed on it yesterday late in the game
damn what happened?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #624
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
it's playoffs.. suck it up hehe
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #625
Mod.

Tripped over 88s leg when I tried to go by him and landed hard on my shoulder. I'll probably play through the pain lol don't want to see this go to 3 games
Posted via RS Mobile