REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Back pain!

So I have been having back pain for the last few weeks. It started on my lower left back then it went away. After a few days it came back and this time on my lower right back. It is very very painful! Whenever I try to move it hurts like hell! I try rubbing it but it didn't work.

Not sure if it is just the muscle but the lower spine hurts as well (the last 2 joints).

Is this something that will go away or should I go see a doctor?

I haven't change my sleeping pattern much expect maybe stay up an extra 30mins or so for the last week.

Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Go see a chyropractor (spelling?) it's not super cheap but feels great. Usually after 1-2 visits pain is completely gone for me. Everyone is different though, bit on your first visit, he/she will tell you what to expect.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
im going through the same thing lol

stretch it out and exercise it every day, use a heating pad (yoga stretches )

most of the time its because you lower is really weak and you neglect it

these really helped me, but your pain still doesnt go away you should go to physio they would help more

gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanks! I did some simple stretching at work and also took some tyneol to ease the pain and my back seems to feel better.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
Rider

good to hear, i find that alot of the times people tend to neglect thier lower back (me being one of them cuz i get lazy) but its very important to work out the smaller muscles and stretch. =]
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

If it continues to persist for more than another week you should see your doctor. Back pain can be a symptom of a lot of internal issues (kidneys, liver, stomach, gastro-intestinal, heart, lungs... all those things). Also try using Aleve or Advil instead of Tylenol. Tylenol only numbs your perception of pain, while the others reduce inflammation which will both make you feel better and help heal your pain.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
If it continues to persist for more than another week you should see your doctor. Back pain can be a symptom of a lot of internal issues (kidneys, liver, stomach, gastro-intestinal, heart, lungs... all those things). Also try using Aleve or Advil instead of Tylenol. Tylenol only numbs your perception of pain, while the others reduce inflammation which will both make you feel better and help heal your pain.
Thx! I will try Advil. It seem to never work for me in the past.

I am thinking because for the last 3 weeks or so I been glue to the computer right after dinner for several hours without taking a break that cause it. I usually take 10 to 15mins breaks after 1hour use of computer before. Too addicted to new games I suppose.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
Rider

^i find that have a nice chair were you can lean back sorta on a 45 is really easy to keep you back straight and not so much pressure on it. you can try sitting a rolled up towel or pillow
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Try not to sit no longer than 20 mins at a time. Get up and move around because the body does not like to stay in one. Get up and go for a walk. If you need exercises and have othe questions feel free to pm me. I am a kinesiologist and work with people with back problems everyday.
Posted via RS Mobile
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

lots of stretching throughout the day
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote