REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Personal Trainer Experiences

What's everyone's experience here with personal trainers?

I'm a 26 year old guy and I'd like to consider myself quite fit. However, my gym workout and diet are probably quite amateur.

I'd like to get a personal trainer to help me to develop a better excercise routine for strength, design a good diet for me, and also help me to perfect my form for various exercises.

Some questions...

1) What's a normal time-frame to hire a personal trainer for. Once weekly for 3 months? More? Less?

2) What's an expected cost?

3) Any recommendations for good trainers/gyms.

4) If you're a guy and have used a personal trainer, what was your experience? Did it really help refine your regimines? Was it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
votrechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
you are not going to get a answer on this forum about personal trainers, 99% of people on here will tell you they are a waste of money and time.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
i personally believe that a personal trainer isnt bad if u are lazy and noob
but if u are keen, with experience, you can be ur own trainer
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
if u have any buddies that go to the gym, ask them for a week trial with them and see how u like it, dont blow your money if u find out its not for u, my friend was so pumped to get jacked and bought a year pass turned out he hated it
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

I kinda want to get a personal trainer for tri-training this year.

Pretty much ranges....$40 bucks an hour, and these are good trainers.
Specialized training for a $1000 a month.

Or...Tommy Europe for $200/hr.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
RS controls my life!

I'm currently doing my certification to do PT and groups.

The majority of self employed trainers you will find will not have the same rep one does who is working with the gym. Meanwhile there are many trainers out there who are more than qualified and good but many are just in the best interest of themselves and will really advertise their "skills" and claiming that they know everything...like diet and nutrition ( this too often happens, when really that is completely out of a PT's scope of practice and we're only forced to know the basics of it all, diet and nutrition is a different certification).

The best way to find a respectable trainer is through referrals. You can ask your gym to refer you, and ask them for their credentials. Ask people around you ie. friends who have worked with someone before.

Also, many trainers are willing to give a trial session with a possible new client before signing with them. If cost is an issue, look to do group rates, still very effective and can be specialized if kept 3 and under.
Alar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
Banned By Establishment

waste of $$$
mr85 is offline   Reply With Quote