REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #1051
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The radiation levels are about 200-300 microsieverts, peaking at about 2000 yesterday morning. A quick check at Wikipedia shows that it takes 1 sievert of full body exposure for 1 hour to become nautious. So 300 microsieverts is 0.0003, a long way from what it takes to become nautious at full body exposure. 3000 is 0.003 sieverts.

Average background radiation we sit in just being on earth is about 2400 microsieverts per year (source). So if you were standing near the reactor right now, with no clothes on for 1 hour, it would be like being in your house for 1 month, in terms of radiation exposure.

3 sieverts = death in 50% cases, and 6 sieverts means you're gonna melt.

So while there is radiation outside the reactor, it's nothing to worry about right now.
I wish people could understand the amount of radiation being emitted from the nuclear powerplants in Japan.

Some people are saying that radioactive rain is coming down on Vancouver this week, and we are all getting cancer because of it.
Advertisement
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #1052
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
all from reuters

IAEA says "spent fuel pond at reactor on fire, radioactivity released into atmosphere"

This was just released on reuters live feed kind of like what hk2000 posted except with some english subtitles

also the fire @ plant #4 is reported to have been put out

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Japan_earthquake2

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-15-2011 at 02:14 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #1053
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Like I said I don't give a shit what you think and you shouldn't give a shit to what I think either, I just relay current news on NHK and NHK live blog.

But hey you are the fucking idiot here for saying someone relaying the local news is silly. Where else do you get the newest information?

Don't shoot the messenger. Here's the latest evacuation and "hide in the house and ride it out" instruction mapped out to be

Tokyo Electric press representative says he is not sure how this is going to unfold from here either. But being over 300 mili sieverts right now in major area.

From newest satellite images no.4 fire seems to have stopped but there is not enough information from the ground it is impossible to determine the actual situation...

Weather report just now. Wind is blowing SW along the coast...probably worst situation for the people in Tokyo prefecture now as that is heading straight for Tokyo.

The crappy part? Fukushima weather forecast is SNOW. uhhh Earth quake tsunami nuclear reactor failure power outage food outage evacuation and then it SNOWS?!

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi

Last edited by hk20000; 03-15-2011 at 12:07 AM.
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #1054
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
Like I said I don't give a shit what you think and you shouldn't give a shit to what I think either, I just relay current news on NHK and NHK live blog.

But hey you are the fucking idiot here for saying someone relaying the local news is silly. Where else do you get the newest information?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Tokyo Electric press representative says he is not sure how this is going to unfold from here either. But being over 300 mili sieverts right now in major area.

From newest satellite images no.4 fire seems to have stopped but there is not enough information from the ground it is impossible to determine the actual situation...
FWIW, I think people are being too harsh on you.

It doesn't matter if you have 10 doctoral degrees in nuclear physics and engineering... the vague nature of the reports from Japan mean that most people are just guessing out of their asses. With so many ambiguities and assumptions, only an idiot would be 100% certain of an outcome.

Earlier on, there was little to no reason to panic, provided the reports were true (there is some doubt and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a partial cover up)...however things are starting to get ugly and there is a cause for concern now.

It's unlikely there will be any radiation risk for Canada/USA, but the risk for those in Japan, especially the vicinity of the reactors, is real.

Anyone saying that only low, harmless levels of radiation are being released hasn't kept up to date.
yoghurtfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #1055
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #1056
Need to Seek Professional Help

WTF is the point of arguing? Take shit as it is.

I don't get why there needs to be an argument on which station is better or w/e.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #1057
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Anyone get this broadcast msg on bbm or a txt msg from anyone?
Quote:
A nuclear power plant in Fukumi, Japan exploded at 4:30 AM today. If it rains tomorrow or later, don't go outside. If you are outside, umbrella, don't let it touch ur skin u might get cancer or hurt. Plz send this to everyone. Actually true! Just saw it on CNN!
Posted via RS Mobile
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #1058
Need to Seek Professional Help

JMHO - I think originally HK20000's posts had a hint of hysteria/fearmongering or maybe it was ignorance (this is not meant as an insult) in the posts that gave some of the posts that tone.

I think only the truly naive would be unconcerned, and I don't think there is anything wrong with reposting news that you see. However, panicking in a post, or insinuating panic, isn't going to help matters (nor for that matter would excessive back and forth -- the situation is beyond our control).

---
Edit: stuff like 604778's reposted text is what irritates me the most. THAT is the sort of stuff that is fearmongering.

Last edited by Blinky; 03-14-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: response to post by 604778 included.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #1059
Revscene Legend

Thanked 3,421 Times in 393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
There's a fucking ferris wheel 3 blocks away from a nuclear powerplant?!?!?!

Awesome!
dogeatcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #1060
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
My prof is calling you an idiot hk2000. If you wanna argue with him email Paulo Sgarbi Ph.D psgarbi@langara.bc.ca
wow paulo has his phd now?

i immediately associated that image with pripyat.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #1061
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
sorry to burst your bubble but radiation dosen't work that way - especially with the amounts coming out of Japan at the moment
I wouldn't worry about it personally. and plus, whoever came up with that mass text needs to brush up on their facts - it's fukushima power plant... not fukumi...

Last edited by CP.AR; 03-14-2011 at 11:37 PM.
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #1062
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Of all the threads, this should be used as information only. Drop the attitude, there's a gabijillion threads on RS for that.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #1063

Exactly. Are you a child that you need to go find some "adults" (aka some professor you know/like) so you can say the messenger is an idiot?

Grow the fuck up.

Here's what the Japanese experts have to say about the handling of the situation.

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/affairs/new...4340084-n1.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN産経news
 福島第1原発の敷地内で、最高毎時400ミリシーベルトという非常に高濃度の放射線量が検出されたことに ついて、広島大原爆放射線医科学研究所の星正治教授(放射線物理学)は「非常に高い数字ではあるが、現時点 で(20~30キロの屋内退避を命じた)政府の指示は妥当と思われるので、パニックになることだけは避けて ほしい」と冷静な対応を呼び掛けている。

星教授によると、放射線を急に(急性)全身被曝した場合、人により差はあるが、毎時300~500ミリシ ーベルトでリンパ球減少などの急性症状が出始めるといい、その数値に達している。

「国内では聞いたこともない」(星教授)ほど高い数値で、10時間浴び続けると、毎時4000ミリシーベ ルトを1時間浴びた場合と同じ放射線量となり、浴びた人の50%が1カ月以内に死亡するほどと いう。

一方で星教授は「逆に1分浴びただけなら放射線量は60分の1となるわけで、一瞬ならば、そうした健康被 害が出るわけではなく、また距離が離れると放射線量は減る」と話す。政府の指示については「専門家が距離を 計測して指示を出しており、現状の数値が正しければ危険性は低い。情報に気をつけ、パニックにならずに指示 に従ってほしい」と呼び掛けている。
The opinion is that 400 milli sievert is a really high level of radiation, but the instruction to "duck and hide" is appropriate. It's the minimum the government can call without causing a massive panic.

According to this professor, at 300-500 milli a full body exposure will likely cause a decline in limba(?) cells in the blood content.

An exposure to 400 mili sieverts for 10 hours has similar effect to exposing yourself to 4000 milli sieverts for 1 hour. In that case 50% of the population exposed will die within the month.

Of course if you are only exposed for 1 minute you are exposing to 1/60 of the rated exposure level, and the further away you are from where the measurement has taken place, the lower the effect will be, as well.

Therefore the government has instructed the public as advised by experts. Please follow the instruction and avoid panicking at this time.

----- what he said -----
----- what the situation is like -----
There's no problem with short time exposure, like he says. But to stay indoors and not go out means you are digging into your existing supply. The key now is how fast can the TOPEC work out a method to cool down the cores. Since, for many times I've said it, the sea water isn't doing it much good. The containment for reactor 3 is breached and if that does not stop soon a lot of people will have to sit in their house shivering hungry (it will SNOW tonight) and be without clean running water or electricity.

Last edited by hk20000; 03-15-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #1064

news is news guys. always take it with a grain of salt. they are KNOWN to exaggerate and play with words to make situations seem more extreme then they really are...
Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #1065
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Exactly how I saw the picture as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
Ummm the city name is a big clue this is a poor joke. Fukumi!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/japan-spent...34846-187.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters
VIENNA (Reuters) - Japan has told the U.N. nuclear watchdog a spent fuel storage pond was on fire at a reactor damaged by the earthquake and radioactivity was being released "directly" into the atmosphere, the Vienna-based agency said on Tuesday.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), citing information it had received from Japanese authorities, said dose rates of up to 400 millisievert per hour have been reported at the Fukushima power plant site.

It did not give details or comparisons on the radiation level but the yearly background radiation from natural sources is estimated at around 3 millisieverts, a unit the IAEA uses to measure doses of radiation received by people.

"The Japanese authorities are saying that there is a possibility that the fire was caused by a hydrogen explosion," the IAEA said in a statement.

In Japan, authorities warned radiation levels had become "significantly" higher around the nuclear power plant on Tuesday after explosions at two reactors, and the French embassy said a low-level radioactive wind could reach Tokyo within hours.

The IAEA said it had been informed "that the spent fuel storage pond at the Unit 4 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is on fire and radioactivity is being released directly into the atmosphere."

It added: "Dose rates of up to 400 millisievert per hour have been reported at the site. The Japanese authorities are saying that there is a possibility that the fire was caused by a hydrogen explosion."

(Reporting by Fredrik Dahl; editing by Michael Roddy)
BAM! hk20000 delivers before Reuters. LOL.

Last edited by hk20000; 03-14-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #1067
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
wow paulo has his phd now?

paulo's awesome. My favourite prof.

And I didn't run to him. He just stopped at the end of class and said I'm sick of the fear mongering in the media and had a presentation set up.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #1068
SFICC-05*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoghurtfarmer View Post
FWIW, I think people are being too harsh on you.

It doesn't matter if you have 10 doctoral degrees in nuclear physics and engineering... the vague nature of the reports from Japan mean that most people are just guessing out of their asses. With so many ambiguities and assumptions, only an idiot would be 100% certain of an outcome.

Earlier on, there was little to no reason to panic, provided the reports were true (there is some doubt and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a partial cover up)...however things are starting to get ugly and there is a cause for concern now.

It's unlikely there will be any radiation risk for Canada/USA, but the risk for those in Japan, especially the vicinity of the reactors, is real.

Anyone saying that only low, harmless levels of radiation are being released hasn't kept up to date.
This. A lot of people in Tokyo are quite safe as of now. The people in and around the plant should be careful.

PS. Yoghurtfarmer shouldn't have been banned.
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #1069
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargedpower View Post
u make no sense. nhk aint giving u the full story since they are only reporting what the gov of jpn says, so whats the point?

yeah, cnn/bbc might be full of shit, but at least u get the bigger picture and with that u can judge what u want to believe in.

oh right, u are too fucking dumb to judge and filter out right or wrong.
but is CNN giving u the full story? Did I mention anything about NHK giving the full story? Do I give a shit about your one dimensional view of your take on major broadcast outlets?

Did u not get the first post I made on NHK being direct in bringing the info?
DO YOU NOT SEE THAT CNN and BBC ALIKE USE INFO, IMAGES and VIDEOS from NHK as the feeder from the Japanese Governing Officials?

connect the dots dude
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #1070

at the moment they are warning of low level radiation wind in Tokyo and people are shitting bricks over here, fucking retarded. if any radiation makes it here it will be an incredible small amount. probably has a lesser chance of harming you than some of the disgusting ass restaurants around town.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #1071

^ With that said I think this is not the time for NHK to do that.

It's the worst of times, and NHK plays its news in the normal sequence (news, weather, traffic etc. But there is not much to talk about traffic wise, other than power outage taking out the traffic lights) without posing extra importance on the reactor or put up any "breaking news" screen titles unless necessary.

this is not the time to use fear to sell ratings in Japan, IMO.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #1072

reuters factbox about exposure

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...72E14R20110315
Quote:
(Reuters) - Japan asked local governments to make more frequent radiation checks after explosions at two nuclear reactors, with reports of radiation levels nine times normal briefly detected in Kanagawa near Tokyo. Below are some facts about the health dangers posed by higher radiation levels.

* Chief cabinet minister Yukio Edano said radiation levels near the stricken plant on the northeast coast reached as high as 400 millisieverts (mSv) an hour, thousands of times higher than readings before the blast. That would be 20 times the current yearly level for some nuclear-industry employees and uranium miners.

* Exposure to 350 mSv was the criterion for relocating people after the Chernobyl accident, according to the World Nuclear Association.

* People are exposed to natural radiation of about 2 mSv a year.

* Airline crew flying the New York-Tokyo polar route are exposed to 9 mSv a year.

* Exposure to 100 mSv a year is the lowest level at which any increase in cancer is clearly evident. A cumulative 1,000 mSv would probably cause a fatal cancer many years later in five out of every 100 persons exposed to it.

*A single 1,000 mSv dose causes radiation sickness such as nausea but not death. A single dose of 5,000 mSv would kill about half of those exposed to it within a month.

*"Very acute radiation, like that which happened in Chernobyl and to the Japanese workers at the nuclear power station, is unlikely for the population," said Lam Ching-wan, a chemical pathologist at the university of Hong Kong.

(Compiled by Richard Borsuk and Kim Coghill)
Quote:
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano tells reporters radiation levels at the Fukushima Daiichi complex have fallen dramatically to 596.4 microsieverts per hour. That level is almost 700 times less than the levels reported in the morning, after two fresh blasts at the complex.
reuters

and cooling of #5,6 are having issues now too
http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/

reuters is reporting tokyo residents are staring to panic
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...72E0ZR20110315

also China is getting its citizens out of northern japan and flying them back to china

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-15-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #1073
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
damn, yoghurtfarmer's got banned and his post got deleted... i was gonna look up the useful info/formula that he posted ..

i guess he pissed Skinnypupp off , poor guy
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
damn, yoghurtfarmer's got banned and his post got deleted... i was gonna look up the useful info/formula that he posted ..

i guess he pissed Skinnypupp off , poor guy
rofl i think we all saw that coming

Aid/Rescue breakdown

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...5?pageNumber=2
Quote:
Factbox - Aid and rescue offers for Japan quake

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06am GMT

(Reuters) - An international rescue effort to help Japan seek survivors of a massive earthquake and tsunami and address a nuclear crisis is gathering pace, with around 70 countries offering assistance.

Japan's government has received offers for assistance from 91 countries, and has accepted assistance from about 15 based on assessed needs, mostly for specialised international urban search and rescue (USAR) teams and medical teams.

Following is a list of aid offers:

AFGHANISTAN: -- The southern Afghan city of Kandahar announced it was donating $50,000.

AUSTRALIA: -- Sent a 72-strong urban search and rescue team, including sniffer dogs, to Miyagi prefecture. A wide-body C-17 military transport is also providing airlift support, helping move fresh water, Japanese troops and equipment to the quake-zone.

The government has also offered field hospitals and victim identification specialists.

BRITAIN: -- Sent fire brigade search and rescue specialists and equipment including heavy lifting and cutting equipment consisting of 64 personnel and two dogs, and said it would send nuclear physicists if requested.

CHINA: -- A 15-member rescue team arrived in Japan on Sunday, state news agency Xinhua said, bringing with them four tonnes of equipment for search and rescue operations, including their own power supply and telecommunications.

-- The government has donated 30 million yuan ($4.56 million) of relief supplies to Japan, the first batch of which has already left Shanghai, including quilts and tents.

-- Premier Wen Jiabao said on Monday Beijing stood willing to offer further help.

-- FRANCE: France has sent a search and rescue team consisting of 134 personnel.

-- GERMANY: -- Germany has sent a search and rescue team consisting of 41 personnel and three dogs.

-- HUNGARY: -- Hungary's emergency authority said it had offered a 16-member crew as part of the International Response Assistance Network (RANET) programme to check radiation and do medical advisory work in seven monitoring teams.

INDIA: -- The government is getting ready to ship planeloads of woollen blankets.

-- LITHUANIA: -- Lithuania's state fire and rescue service said it was ready to offer up to 32 rescuers, including three with search dogs and three paramedics. Lithuania coordinates assistance via the European Union.

* MALAYSIA: Will send a team of more than 50 search and rescue personnel to Japan on to assist with rescue efforts. The team will carry equipment such as aid material, medicine and five tracker dogs.

MONGOLIA: -- Has donated $1 million and 2,500 woollen blankets, and has offered to send up to 300 soldiers to help with relief efforts, the country's Montsame news agency said.

-- NEW ZEALAND: New Zealand has sent a search and rescue help team consisting of 65 personnel.

RUSSIA: -- Russia's state nuclear corporation, Rosatom, said it had offered to help in responding to the problems at Japanese nuclear plants if necessary. Russia sent 75 rescuers on Sunday to work in quake-affected areas, the Emergencies Ministry said.

SLOVAKIA: -- Prime Minister Iveta Radicova told parliament that Slovakia had 250,000 euros ready for Japan, but will coordinate with other EU states. Radicova said Japan had asked not to send rescue workers until they have a general idea how to proceed. Slovaks have 25 rescue workers ready.

SOUTH KOREA: -- A 102-member South Korean rescue team departed for Fukushima, where the stricken nuclear plant is located, on Monday aboard three air force C-130 planes. A further 100 rescue workers are on standby to go to Japan. An advance team of five rescue workers and two search dogs have been in Japan since Saturday.

SRI LANKA: -- Announced $1 million aid and a military relief team with medical assistance to be dispatched to Japan.

TAIWAN: -- A 28-member team of rescue specialists left for Tokyo on Monday. The team contains some specialists who worked in Christchurch, New Zealand, which was hit by a quake in February. It has sent its first batch of supplies, including clothing, blankets and food, and will start shipping heaters.

THAILAND: -- The cabinet has allocated 200 million baht ($6.58 million) to buy warm clothes, gloves, rubber boots, instant food and other goods to be sent to Japan in the next day or two. It will also send 15,000 tonnes of rice.

-- A first medical team leaves on Monday night, including two doctors and a nurse. They will primarily be taking care of about 500 to 600 Thai people in quake-hit Sendai, northeastern Japan. Thailand has another 17-staff medical team ready to go.

UNITED STATES: -- The nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan has arrived in Japan to assist relief efforts. More U.S. warships arrived off the coast on Sunday.

-- The U.S. embassy in Tokyo has provided an initial $100,000 in immediate disaster relief assistance, and Washington is ready to provide any additional help requested.

-- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has deployed two urban search and rescue teams, comprising some 150 people and around 12 dogs trained to detect survivors.

VIETNAM: -- Will provide $200,000 in quake/tsunami aid. the Vietnamese Red Cross will give an initial $50,000 via the Japanese Red Cross, a foreign ministry spokeswoman said.

OTHER BODIES:

-- Technical assistance teams have been deployed from the Turkish Red Crescent, Switzerland Humanitarian Aid Response Team, Canadian Medical Assistance Team, Save the Children and Plan International. Initial observations from the MSF assessment teams that deployed to Miyagi prefecture indicate the need for food, blankets and water in Sendai City. Telecoms sans Frontiers (TSF) is providing emergency telecommunications assistance from Tokyo.

-- Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) currently has a team of 10 people divided into three teams conducting mobile clinics and assessments in Miyagi prefecture.

-- The U.N's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) says on its website that an emergency rescue and relief operation under way in northeast Japan continues to be hampered by high magnitude aftershocks. ($1=30.38 Baht) Sources: Reuters/www.reliefweb.int/UN/MSF

(Reporting by Reuters bureaux, compiled by World Desk Asia and David Cutler, London Editorial Reference Unit)
Kyodo news reports 102 countries http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/78195.html

that doesn't talk about Canada but here's a CBC overview of what Canada has offered/done

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...japan-aid.html

Canadas help isn't being requested atm; Canada offered to help and Japan asked that Canada make a list of what it can offer (as they do every country i think) Canada provided its offerings today and Japan has said they're greatful but atm they aren't requesting anything from Canada; Canadians are hating on Harper for not providing the "list" until today (Monday) so many days after the incident

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-15-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #1075

c'mon guys let's stop the arguing....