REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 03-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Lasers - Lupe Fiasco

no thread on the album yet?

Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
i was gonna make a thread two weeks ago when i downloaded it, but forgot too, didnt think anybody on RS listened to him anyway

i gotta buy the album soon as it comes out and support the greatest rapper alive, (ah fck just realized album is alreay out, gonna go buy it tomorrow, i have bought all his albums so far) i havent listened to anyone lyrics this attentively as i has Lupe's, i stopped listening after 2pac died, me against the world not all eyez on me 2pac had the best messages to the people, i feel like Lupe is carrying that load now..

best song on this album is words i never said, his lyrics are on fckin point and the message is so relevant

there is 2 or 3 songs on this album he should have dropped and replaced them with his recent mixtape songs I'm Beaming and Shining Down, they are excellent fcking songs 2 of some of the best he's done, and if they ended up on LASERS this album would be absolute perfection

Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I like Letting Go from this album.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #4

I guess i have to give I'm Beamin' another chance
and i know Shining Down from the recent Need for Speed game
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
He states on an interview that "Words I never said" on this album reflects this whole album. And if most of you dont know already, this album was not going to be released because of conflicts between Atlantic records and Lupe himself. I can't remember all the words but he described Lasers as, "a little bit of them, a little bit of that, and nothing of me".

Anyways if you guys wanna find out more you can search it up on google, theres plenty of info doc'd on the topic between Atlantic and Lupe, in the future I think he'll opt out of his label and go to G.O.O.D music with his chi-town friend Kanye.

Few other songs I like from his album are "I don't wanna care right now" and "out of my head" ft Trey songz.

Dope album LUPE! Keep beastin
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #6

apparently lupE.N.D (his next album) will be his last solo studio album
Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

wicked album
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
He states on an interview that "Words I never said" on this album reflects this whole album. And if most of you dont know already, this album was not going to be released because of conflicts between Atlantic records and Lupe himself. I can't remember all the words but he described Lasers as, "a little bit of them, a little bit of that, and nothing of me".

Anyways if you guys wanna find out more you can search it up on google, theres plenty of info doc'd on the topic between Atlantic and Lupe, in the future I think he'll opt out of his label and go to G.O.O.D music with his chi-town friend Kanye.

Few other songs I like from his album are "I don't wanna care right now" and "out of my head" ft Trey songz.

Dope album LUPE! Keep beastin
Just goes to show that lupe can still release an awesome album in a mist of studio conflict/strife.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

I hate how you can hear the label influence in EVERY song . except for Words I Never Said and All Black Everything where you can hear his style. the sounds a lot more mainstream I guess? Imo I Dont Wanna Care Right Now sounds like garbage.. lol and the song featuring Trey Songz is alright... if you imagined it was a Drake track featuring Lupe and Drake got cut out

Now that I see it, its like Atlantic is trying to birth another B.o.B. They saw the success that B.o.B. had for them last year and are trying to mold Lupe into another B.o.B. which is sad because it was B.o.B who bit alot of Lupe's styles like his mannerisms and movements. sorta like how Drake tries to be like Kanye.

Here Lupe says his next album will go harder
Quote:
"There's no attempt to get on the radio, except maybe once, thus far, it's still a work in progress. It's a harder album — the beats are way harder. It's not about being progressive. It's not about making music, which is weird [to say]. It's 'let's make some really hard-ass songs.'"

-Rapper and cultural lightning rod Lupe Fiasco, who just released his third album L.A.S.E.R.S. after a long series of delays. Fiasco began talking about his third album right after the release of his second (that was The Cool, which came out at the end of 2007), but label woes kept the album on the shelf, and it took a heated fan campaign to finally get the thing released. And even now that it is finally in stores, Fiasco is less than happy with it. In interviews, he has been talking about his own lukewarm reaction to L.A.S.E.R.S. and noting that he is already working on putting the album behind him.

The new album even has a name: Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor 2, which revisits Fiasco's landmark debut album Food & Liquor. But it's not a sequel or a remake — just the return of a cool phrase. "It's not an attempt to remake Food & Liquor," Fiasco told MTV News' Jayson Rodriguez during an interview. "It's not any attempt to reshape it or reintroduce it. I just think Food & Liquor was a dope title and I wanted to use it again."

Last edited by RESN; 03-14-2011 at 10:20 AM.
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #10

oh and this song was rumored to be on Lasers back in 09
pretty chill song
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
jeez I hope he lives up to the food & liquor masterpiece if he's going to re-use that name..

you can tell amidst the manufactured label garbage over Lupe's rapping, the songs he had complete freedom over are really damn good

but my opinions on the album...

i think it's terrible except for 2 songs (words i never said, all black everything)
it's a disgrace of an album to every thing he's stood up for and rapped about on his last two albums
the beats are so uninspiring and it tries so hard to be a top hit seller
there's nothing lupe about this album...just go listen to his older stuff
i'd skip this album completely
Old 03-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #12

I think he's always had Food & Liquor 2 in mind. The rumors were around for a LONGGGG time. I think he will deliver. I read somewhere that Lupe says that in his career, there should only be 3 of his albums you should judge his music on (Lasers not one of them). Food & Liquor definitely on the top 3.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
break the chain
all black everything
show goes on
words i never said

those are the tracks i enjoyed
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
meh. not a great one from lupe
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

im a huge lupe fan, first two projects were amazing, this one is hot garbage. a couple stand out tracks have already been mentioned, the rest have wack beats and lupe still delivers but the whole forced sound on this project is sad. ive seen him live a couple times and most recently in seattle last year where he performed tracks of the original lasers albums. damn i wish we had that to listen too...

lupe on 360 deals & future of hip hop

lupe on tavis smiley
http://bossip.com/354654/lupe-fiasco...re-video69691/

Lupe Fiasco Says Atlantic Records Is Holding Him Hostage
Quote:
Just days after admitting that he “hated” his LASERS album, a new interview with Lupe Fiasco has surfaced where he claims his record label is holding him hostage.

The We Are Lasers head sat down with Chicago's Sun Times to speak on the process of making the project and revealed that he felt like he was being ‘held up' by the label.

“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don't rap too deep on this record.'” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top. ‘You're rapping too fast or too slow, or it's too complex.' …
There are consequences and combat that comes from that process and the eventual compromise. With me, though, I'm not writing about someone else. I'm writing about me. This is my life. It's very personal for me. So for somebody to kind of put their fingers in that and play with that, it becomes more damaging.”

He adds more specifically,
“I am a hostage. I gave them what they wanted. If I didn't, at the end of the day the album wasn't coming out.”

Lupe has had very public issues with Atlantic Records in the past, culminating with a petition from fans for the label to release his album.

Last edited by skholla; 03-14-2011 at 03:44 PM.
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
ky

Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey

So good.
ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Last edited by beanzzz; 03-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #18

after having a good listen..i can see why people are saying this cd has more mainstream feel and i agree..but that shouldn't discredit the impact of his lyrics.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

FLOPPPP

even lupe said he's a bit disappointed in some of the songs
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
i'm liking the album , out of my head, show goes on, break the chain, never forget you, coming up
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Really liking the album.
With all the mentioned songs, add "till i get there". I was super depressed and unhappy with some shit then somehow this song just made me forget abt it all - even if just for a few minutes. I was listenin to it with headphones and the during the chorus I smiled, that smile allowed me to hear the song louder (I guess its the position of the the headphones), then I just kept smiling n singin along.... and holy fuck I just did a mental front flip.

Never really knew much about Lupe until now. Now I am goin to work backwards and discover this guy...

Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 View Post
Really liking the album.
With all the mentioned songs, add "till i get there".
yep it's already in the initial post...it was the first non-single track to catch my attention too.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
yep it's already in the initial post...it was the first non-single track to catch my attention too.
Dang I scanned the thread twice and totally didn't see it.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #24
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What a crap album for Lupe standards, can't believe we wanted so long for this pos
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Not digging the whole album too much, but Till I Get There and I'll Never Forget You really caught my ears. I've always loved John Legend, and him + Lupe is gold. Definitely a change from Lupe's usual routine.
Posted via RS Mobile
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote